Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by az.tracy View Post
    Yes, on both the website and the pre app.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluescreen View Post
    stopped working for me too. i drove 100km away today and sitting now 100km away from my last waypoint. have the app restarted a few times. tried a manual upload. gps is on. website is set to on. no new uploads.
    This is very odd. When you press validate login, what do you get?

login pressing was possible. i did a reset just at this moment and it seems i am able to upload now. i keep testing and posting
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post

I assume GPS is turned ON. Has it updated since then? If so, does it show you accurately now?
    ok scratch that...yes GPS was on and google svcs was off...restarted the phone, the app, and manual uploaded and seems to be back on track as of last night/this morning. Great app btw and keep it up!!!
    Ryan, thanks for the clear history tab above the map. It was the only thing left on my "please do" list. This app is an absolute must have for truck drivers who want their families to know where they are.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluescreen View Post
    login pressing was possible. i did a reset just at this moment and it seems i am able to upload now. i keep testing and posting
    Thanks for your help in testing. Keep me posted.

Quote Originally Posted by cdawg62184 View Post
    ok scratch that...yes GPS was on and google svcs was off...restarted the phone, the app, and manual uploaded and seems to be back on track as of last night/this morning. Great app btw and keep it up!!!
    Glad it's working now.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles From Nowhere View Post
    Ryan, thanks for the clear history tab above the map. It was the only thing left on my "please do" list. This app is an absolute must have for truck drivers who want their families to know where they are.
    More features still to come. We'll be increasing the history to 100 points in the near future.

after the pre reset, its working again. the only reason, why it wasnt working might be, that my pre shut down yesterday evening at 5% battery power. so after plugin it at the charger and starting the pre, i started your app again to check, if it was started automatically, but it said service active. anyway, it was not working. but after the reset its ok. maybe the 5% shutdown is a point to clearify.
    a totaly other point, i am missing, is to protect your app with a passphrase, so in case of a robery, it cant be switched off?.

keep up your good work.
    This is very odd. When you press validate login, what do you get?
    I was out of the house all day today and it still hasn't uploaded. Last upload is saying 2 days ago. I just did the validate login and it tells me vaidation successful. So I then pressed the Upload Now and the website still says last upload 2 days ago.

In Location Services, I have Auto Locate to off. Under Preferences, I have GPS checked but not Google Service. Shouldn't the program ask to use Location Services when it starts? I don't recall getting that message since restarting yesterday, and I just did another restart to see if I would get the message and didn't. Do I need to leave Auto Locate on for this application to work?

I just now manually opened the app and redid the validation and then tried the Upload Now again, which finally brought the location services message up. It finally uploaded, but not until I closed the app. I'll watch it over the next few days and let you know if I have any further problems.

Can you please confirm the following for me:

1. I can leave Auto Locate to off.
    2. I shouldn't have to reopen the app everytime I restart the phone, the app ahould automatically restart when it powers up.

Thanks for all your help!
    I am having a hard time following your logic. Either way, sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.

If there's anything I can help to explain just let me know

I assume GPS is turned ON. Has it updated since then? If so, does it show you accurately now?

Thanks! It's nice to hear that someone appreciates it

I would open the app and close it again. Have you rebooted your phone lately? Has it died?

My alarm did'nt need to go off because once I am up I am ....UP for the day. After being ****ed off I deleted the app. Not worth the trouble. No offense sure it is a nice app but I was "cranky"
    Last edited by Boggs3010; 10/28/2009 at 10:40 PM. Reason: cause
    Any idea yet as to why the app is so inaccurate at times?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by az.tracy View Post
    I was out of the house all day today and it still hasn't uploaded. Last upload is saying 2 days ago. I just did the validate login and it tells me vaidation successful. So I then pressed the Upload Now and the website still says last upload 2 days ago.

In Location Services, I have Auto Locate to off. Under Preferences, I have GPS checked but not Google Service. Shouldn't the program ask to use Location Services when it starts? I don't recall getting that message since restarting yesterday, and I just did another restart to see if I would get the message and didn't. Do I need to leave Auto Locate on for this application to work?

I just now manually opened the app and redid the validation and then tried the Upload Now again, which finally brought the location services message up. It finally uploaded, but not until I closed the app. I'll watch it over the next few days and let you know if I have any further problems.

Can you please confirm the following for me:

1. I can leave Auto Locate to off.
    2. I shouldn't have to reopen the app everytime I restart the phone, the app ahould automatically restart when it powers up.

Thanks for all your help!
    Yes, auto locate MUST be ON! That's probably why you're having issues. And you should not have to restart the app. Let me know if you change these settings and are still having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by kjstone57 View Post
    Any idea yet as to why the app is so inaccurate at times?
    Unfortunately all the app can do is report what the GPS device tells it. I have no control over how accurate the GPS device decides to be. How far off are your fixes? Feet? Miles? Countries?

It can be as far off as many miles. I took a trip with the Mrs. last weekend and took both Pre's. The phones are setup identical and were sitting next to one another in the car. After looking at the maps for both phones, it looked like she was on a different trip. At times the phones were miles from one another. Sometimes mine was off, sometimes hers. I really can't see how your app is going to fly if you can't rely on what's being displayed on the map. I realize your code may be 100% and it's the phone's issue, but the problem exists... Could I find my phone if I misplaced it? Doubtful at this point.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    It can be as far off as many miles. I took a trip with the Mrs. last weekend and took both Pre's. The phones are setup identical and were sitting next to one another in the car. After looking at the maps for both phones, it looked like she was on a different trip. At times the phones were miles from one another. Sometimes mine was off, sometimes hers. I really can't see how your app is going to fly if you can't rely on what's being displayed on the map. I realize your code may be 100% and it's the phone's issue, but the problem exists... Could I find my phone if I misplaced it? Doubtful at this point.
    Very few people are reporting accuracy issues. However, I appreciate the frustration for those few.

In the next version I will try to handle accuracy better. For example, a system to discard fixes less than a certain percent accurate.

Yes, auto locate MUST be ON! That's probably why you're having issues. And you should not have to restart the app. Let me know if you change these settings and are still having issues.
    Thanks! I changed the setting.
    Very few people are reporting accuracy issues. However, I appreciate the frustration for those few.

In the next version I will try to handle accuracy better. For example, a system to discard fixes less than a certain percent accurate.
    My map is going to be bare then

I also am having some accuracy issues. It seems that it always shows me at the airport for at least one of my points. Unfortunately, I am not there. I cleared the map thinking it was an old point showing up or something but that didn't seem to help.
    I did some more digging. The app is showing a location of 44.655833333,-63.54888888 which is across the harbour in Dartmouth. The phone is actually on the waterfront in Halifax. When I do a street view in Google Maps, there appears to be a cell site on one of the buildings. Would this be the issue? The phone is set to Locate me using GPS only...
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I did some more digging. The app is showing a location of 44.655833333,-63.54888888 which is across the harbour in Dartmouth. The phone is actually on the waterfront in Halifax. When I do a street view in Google Maps, there appears to be a cell site on one of the buildings. Would this be the issue? The phone is set to Locate me using GPS only...
    I will be uploading a new version to homebrew today that will log a lot more info about your position. Perhaps you can do some testing with that and let me know what you find out...

I will be uploading a new version to homebrew today that will log a lot more info about your position. Perhaps you can do some testing with that and let me know what you find out...
    Will do.

FYI:

My current location (updated 4 minutes ago) shows me at 44.645277777,-63.67194444 which is about 2 miles away from where I'm actually am. It's also the location of another cell site...

I also have a point plotted that according to the times tamp hasn't occured yet. 2009-10-30 14:16:37 (2 hours from now) and is over 10 miles away. Considering I haven't left my home today, I consider it doubtful...
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Ok, the new version is up. It should report an accuracy now when you use the Upload Now button on the main screen. This is the number of meters away from where you potentially are. The lower the number the better.

Let me know what yours says.

It says... success 44.654722222222, -63.59388888888 acc: 1000m vol: 0m/s ber: 0

I assume the acc: 1000m means those coordinates could possible be 1000 meters/1 kilometer away from where the phone actually is.

I checked with the Mrs. a few minutes ago as both phones were reporting the same location. Turns out she was about a mile or so away at a restaurant (left the phone in the car). The only thing in common is that the main cell site for the area is where I am. Kinda looks like her phone reported its location. Maybe mine is too as I'm sitting almost on top of it... Would this be a function of the phone somehow? Can't get a good GPS lock so report the nearest cell site?