Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Update coming later today (17 Oct 2009). Will enable beeping your phone, gps accuracy preferences (set from the device), and a manual upload button.

Stay tuned to this thread for the update.

wut exactly does beep phone do?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

great
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    wut exactly does beep phone do?
    If you lose your phone in the couch or something, you can make it beep from the website. Sure, you could just have someone call your phone as well, but if no one's around this could come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    If you lose your phone in the couch or something, you can make it beep from the website. Sure, you could just have someone call your phone as well, but if no one's around this could come in handy.
    so lets say I go on the website...and I activate it to on...how long will it take for it to beep my phone...and will the ringer keep on beeping or for a certain amount of time?

EDIT: also will it send the signal on the interval you set for uploading?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    so lets say I go on the website...and I activate it to on...how long will it take for it to beep my phone...and will the ringer keep on beeping or for a certain amount of time?

EDIT: also will it send the signal on the interval you set for uploading?
    The ringer will keep going until you deactivate it. There may be a 1 hour limit inflicted by Palm, but I'm not sure as I can't stand the noise my phone makes for more than a few seconds... I'm sure someone will let us know soon.

When you activate the feature, the next time your phone uploads it will pull the beep information from the site. If you have beep set to ON at that point, that's when the phone will begin to sound off.

Right now, Palm has not granted access to be able to push custom messages to the phones. This means we have to keep operating on a fixed interval. As soon as Palm lets developers push messages to phones, I'll update the server to have real-time features.

Hey Xluryan,

I have been travelling. Right now I'm in Omaha. I travelled from LA to Salt Lake to Denver and then here. My map shows me travelling from LA to Salt Lake to Minneapolis, to Omaha and shows me at St. Louis now. Do you know why its showing these extra places?
    Wayne
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    2 things...

If your phone is stationary (lost in the couch), my understanding is that it will not upload a location until it moves... so, effectively, it will never beep for you? Just a thought...

Next... any way to get the speed the phone was traveling at an update? Just thinking that if you had that info, you could estimate better where the phone is if it has been stolen...I think the GPS already has that info, if I am correct...
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    2 things...

If your phone is stationary (lost in the couch), my understanding is that it will not upload a location until it moves... so, effectively, it will never beep for you? Just a thought...

Next... any way to get the speed the phone was traveling at an update? Just thinking that if you had that info, you could estimate better where the phone is if it has been stolen...I think the GPS already has that info, if I am correct...
    Good points. If you're always upload is on, then the beep will work for you. But you are correct, it may be a while before it beeps... if at all. I am mostly just putting it here so that when Palm released the power to let devs push messages to the phone, I'm ready.

As for the speed, that sounds great and I think it'd be useful for several reason. If it's possible to do it, I'll have it done

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrclean697 View Post
    Hey Xluryan,

I have been travelling. Right now I'm in Omaha. I travelled from LA to Salt Lake to Denver and then here. My map shows me travelling from LA to Salt Lake to Minneapolis, to Omaha and shows me at St. Louis now. Do you know why its showing these extra places?
    Wayne
    Very interesting. I'll investigate this issue today. If anyone else if having an issue of this magnitude, please PM me.

Very interesting. I'll investigate this issue today. If anyone else if having an issue of this magnitude, please PM me.
    sorta...the weekend i went to orlando...yesterday it pinpointed me to chicago lol...very weird
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean697 View Post
    Try explaining that to the wife.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    sorta...the weekend i went to orlando...yesterday it pinpointed me to chicago lol...very weird
    Is Google's Location service turned ON or OFF?

Is Google's Location service turned ON or OFF?
    i turned it off like 2 days ago and saw this last night...

EDIT: it was as my current location but it was as my past locations....my orlando past locations werent there anymore...it went all the way to chicago...i was clueless y it did that
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 10/18/2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: adding more info
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

ok...so i open the app on my phone, set it to active, enter my user name and password, validate login, upload now, and nothing happens...i close the app, wait a few minutes and re-open it and the service has turned off...as well, the preferences screen resets to default options...any luck with helping fix this? i just registered for the $2 monthly service and updated the app to 0.8.7
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdawg62184 View Post
    ok...so i open the app on my phone, set it to active, enter my user name and password, validate login, upload now, and nothing happens...i close the app, wait a few minutes and re-open it and the service has turned off...as well, the preferences screen resets to default options...any luck with helping fix this? i just registered for the $2 monthly service and updated the app to 0.8.7
    If you go to the My Account page on the site, make sure that you have Service Active set to ON. Every time the phone uploads it grabs these settings from the site.

If you go to the My Account page on the site, make sure that you have Service Active set to ON. Every time the phone uploads it grabs these settings from the site.
    initially when I tried that the button wouldn't even switch, like it was frozen (just the account active button, all others seemed to work fine) but now I woke up and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdawg62184 View Post
    initially when I tried that the button wouldn't even switch, like it was frozen (just the account active button, all others seemed to work fine) but now I woke up and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks!
    Not sure where you live, but I envy your ability to sleep until noon my time

Glad to hear everything is working

lol I work a weird schedule and work 2-11 monday and tuesday...I enjoy it! Anyways love the beep feature...I'm thinking of putting some sort of warning on there in case my phone does get stolen, some sort of "i'm watching you" warning or whatever else, to warn the thief! Keep upthe great work!
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    New version posted (v0.8.8). Fixes a bug when setting the beep sound.

Should be available from fileCoaster soon.