Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 668
  1. #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    Open Location Services, then tap on Preferences in the upper left corner.
    Thank you kindly.
  2. #382  
    i took a trip this weekend from miami to orlando and back to miami for hhn...and i checked to c how well this app worked...and wow...it worked flawlessly!!!
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  3. xluryan's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
       #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i took a trip this weekend from miami to orlando and back to miami for hhn...and i checked to c how well this app worked...and wow...it worked flawlessly!!!
    Glad to hear people are enjoying

  4. gc916's Avatar
    Posts
    233 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    Google Service turned off. Location is accurate now. I'll do some more testing and report back later today.

    Thanks for your help.
    Update: Google Service remains turned off. WIMP is reporting my today's locations accurately.
  5. #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    You've made me aware of a bug. Should be fixed now. This would only have affected validating your login, but it should still have been uploading. Go ahead and try to validate again and let me know, thanks.
    Yep, it successfully validates now.
  6. gc916's Avatar
    Posts
    233 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    Update: Google Service remains turned off. WIMP is reporting my today's locations accurately.
    Turned on Google Service, and the displayed locations are way off again.
    Sprint Nav and Google Maps are displaying locations accurately.
  7. xluryan's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
       #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    Turned on Google Service, and the displayed locations are way off again.
    Sprint Nav and Google Maps are displaying locations accurately.
    Sprint NAV and Google Maps poll the GPS device constantly, which gives a more accurate fix over time. WIMP only issues a request for a single location fix. If the phone cannot get one soon enough, the phone uses Google's services to locate you.

    I unfortunately do not plan to poll the device like Maps and Nav, as that would kill the battery much too soon

  8. Mmillican's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #388  
    I was just wondering if there are plans to add a password to access the application itself on a phone? From what I can tell, the tracking could be disabled by someone if they were to go change the site password to an incorrect password.
  9. Zoso's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #389  
    k, X, I just bought a year from ya.... very happy with the app, but I think it is time for an update on what cool toys you are adding to the app soon.... so, can you oblige and let us know what you are working on?
  10. #390  
    A way of erasing the old locations would be nice, its getting really crowded on my map.
  11. xluryan's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
       #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmillican View Post
    I was just wondering if there are plans to add a password to access the application itself on a phone? From what I can tell, the tracking could be disabled by someone if they were to go change the site password to an incorrect password.
    Yes, this is indeed a planned future update

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    k, X, I just bought a year from ya.... very happy with the app, but I think it is time for an update on what cool toys you are adding to the app soon.... so, can you oblige and let us know what you are working on?
    Definitely! Thanks for the support! The next update will be released within the next few days and will include support to beep your phone. Updates to the site will soon enable users to grant access to guests to view their location, but not account settings.

    Quote Originally Posted by userengel View Post
    A way of erasing the old locations would be nice, its getting really crowded on my map.
    This should be ready by the end of the week

    I'm posting all of this from my Pre at an airport, so please forgive the brief replies!

  12. #392  
    im getting a action failed (2) when trying to authorize my phone on the account online
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  13. #393  
    happy premium customer.

    Works like a champ.

    For fun i put the pre in my daughter's pocket when she rode her bike around the block (set to 1 minute updates) it was accurate enough on satelite view for me to see which side of the street she was on, and when she stopped to wait for her friend to catch up half way around the block.

    Not saying you should lojack your kids with this, but it was a good test.
  14. xluryan's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
       #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    im getting a action failed (2) when trying to authorize my phone on the account online
    Looks like your phone is already verified... ? What browser are you using?

  15. #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    Looks like your phone is already verified... ? What browser are you using?
    it was weird...i doctored my phone yesterday and of course i went to the account setting to reauthorize my phone and i c that error message...so i went to my phone clicked on validate and it was successfully validated...weird but good
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  16. xluryan's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
       #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    it was weird...i doctored my phone yesterday and of course i went to the account setting to reauthorize my phone and i c that error message...so i went to my phone clicked on validate and it was successfully validated...weird but good
    That is interesting. The Reauthorize Phone option will be disappearing soon anyway, since now we use phone numbers to validate accounts. But I'm glad it's all working for you again

  17. enm2307's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #397  
    Does the validation by phone number track a new device registered to that number. I recently damaged my phone physically and am gonna do a claim. will the app continue tracking the old phones gps or will it cease once the new device is up an running.

    This is the only thing holding me back from buying the membership
  18. xluryan's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
       #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by enm2307 View Post
    Does the validation by phone number track a new device registered to that number. I recently damaged my phone physically and am gonna do a claim. will the app continue tracking the old phones gps or will it cease once the new device is up an running.

    This is the only thing holding me back from buying the membership
    It will only track the registered phone. I would still suggest removing the app from the old phone, since you've entered personal information into it (i.e., username/password).

  19. 1Reaper's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #399  
    I am getting an error:

    Stack overflow at line:8
  20. xluryan's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
       #400  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Reaper View Post
    I am getting an error:

    Stack overflow at line:8
    How long have you been using the app?

Posting Permissions