Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Registered and running, 13 minutes now. Still awaiting my first map hit.
    I would open the app back up and hit the 'Validate Login' button to make sure you typed your info right. Also, make sure the 'Service Active' is set to ON.

If either of those items are not correct then the app will not run. You should get your first hit within 6 minutes, so long as your phone can connect to the internet to upload it.
    I got there too late
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    I would open the app back up and hit the 'Validate Login' button to make sure you typed your info right. Also, make sure the 'Service Active' is set to ON.

If either of those items are not correct then the app will not run. You should get your first hit within 6 minutes, so long as your phone can connect to the internet to upload it.
    Both of those were done. I am validated and the service is active.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Both of those were done. I am validated and the service is active.
    Make sure you swipe the app away when you're done. It only uploads when it's running in the background.
    Make sure you swipe the app away when you're done. It only uploads when it's running in the background.
    Also done. Man, I really hope this works.

EDIT: Got it, first upload is spot on. It looks like it grabbed my wifi location data from Google.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Also done. Man, I really hope this works.
    It should have by now. Just make sure you look at both username and password, as both are case sensitive!

EDIT: Got it, first upload is spot on. It looks like it grabbed my wifi location data from Google.
    For now I'm using an embedded Google map, but eventually I'll be using the Google Maps APIs to provide a more customized map. Look for that in the near future
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    it worked, but it's positioned me 5 or 6 blocks away from where I actually am.

but i'm inside a 26-story office building and i don't have WiFi so all in all, for a beta product i'm very impressed.
    10 Minutes since the last update for me now.

Will there be any way in future updates to force a location update?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    he mentioned that if you haven't moved, the phone doesn't upload in order to save battery power. i do think a force upload option should be moved. also, i know that this isn't the exact purpose of this app, but if there's anyway you could add a map tracking positions you've uploaded from that would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLApre View Post
    he mentioned that if you haven't moved, the phone doesn't upload in order to save battery power. i do think a force upload option should be moved. also, i know that this isn't the exact purpose of this app, but if there's anyway you could add a map tracking positions you've uploaded from that would be nice.
    Ok, my phone didn't move, and it updated anyway. That's good, I guess.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    The 'Always Upload' option forces the phone to upload whether you've moved or not.

Also, a more customized map is part of the future plans. This will include past locations and more.
    Ok, my phone didn't move, and it updated anyway. That's good, I guess.
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

The 'Always Upload' option forces the phone to upload whether you've moved or not.

Also, a more customized map is part of the future plans. This will include past locations and more.
    ok I went ahead and turned that feature off. So now it will only upload when it has moved? Excellent.

I am really kind of interested to see how battery life will be dinged when the phone is seeking a GPS signal every 20 minutes. That cannot be good for it.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    +1
    I'll note that, even if you're phone has not moved, the GPS fix your phone gets from fix to fix could vary a few hundred meters or so. Like I said, we developers can't control the phone's hardware. Something like that will cause an upload to occur. However, I think you'll all discover that there is a very small affect on battery life either way, if any at all.

I appreciate the feedback immensely, so keep it coming
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

the always upload feature is nice, but i was thinking more along the lines of a button as well just to be able to force an upload at any time, although i'm not sure it would really be helpful since you have to use a PC to view your current location anyway
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    the always upload feature is nice, but i was thinking more along the lines of a button as well just to be able to force an upload at any time, although i'm not sure it would really be helpful since you have to use a PC to view your current location anyway
    I thought about adding that, but then I couldn't think of a situation where it'd be useful. If everyone agrees that they want it I can add it in. But like I said, I'm not sure what the benefits would be...
    I thought about adding that, but then I couldn't think of a situation where it'd be useful. If everyone agrees that they want it I can add it in. But like I said, I'm not sure what the benefits would be...
    I remember that story about some guy tracking down his iphone using mobileme. He was able to force updates and follow the guy with his phone. If I normally have the phone update every 20 minutes, that might be the difference in finding the phone, or not. If I am able to force it to upload in a high pressure situation, it could mean everything.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    looks like a really good app. wish i could have gotten in on the beta. oh well. i will definitely follow this app closely.
    Works pretty well. I'm inside a building right now, so probably not the greatest signal. But it showed that I was in the parking lot next to mine (very large parking lots though)

Pretty impressive.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I remember that story about some guy tracking down his iphone using mobileme. He was able to force updates and follow the guy with his phone. If I normally have the phone update every 20 minutes, that might be the difference in finding the phone, or not. If I am able to force it to upload in a high pressure situation, it could mean everything.
    Absolutely! But you'd want to be able to force an update from the site, not from the phone, right?

It's a future feature, rest assured
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast