Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    Mine does that too when I'm inside. It happens from time to time. Just the nature of the GPS hardware. The only way around this would be to constantly poll the GPS device (like Google Maps does) which would draw too much energy if it was doing this every 20 minutes.

I'm working on a accuracy indicator on the site so that at least people don't get the wrong idea about the markers.
    I just don't understand what is happening. GPS worked fine once turned on in google maps, only took a few seconds for a lock. The app didnt do that in over 10 hours. I have changed my SSID, and hopefully the wifi location point will be more accurate now.
    UPDATE: Me pre is now seeing the same exact point and ring that my desktop latitude sees. Rebooting now with GPS off to confirm.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Attention!
    There will be an update to the website released on Monday 5 October 2009 that will require a new version of the app. The new version will be released on Monday at the same time. This will enable all Premium Options that you can find under the My Account page.

Please make sure to download the update as soon as it's out, as the old version will no longer function with the new code on the site.

I registered and downloaded the app foe where is my pre and then wehen the pre update came out I had some problems with my phone so I had to use webos docter and so I had to put all my apps back on my phone when I did this where my pre app won't validate on the app so when I go to the web site I log in and it shows me where my phne is and everything but my app is not working not validating as if I have the original app on my phone but want to know how I can get the app to work I tried deleteing and reinstall app but no validateing on the app need help thanks
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhudson View Post
    I registered and downloaded the app foe where is my pre and then wehen the pre update came out I had some problems with my phone so I had to use webos docter and so I had to put all my apps back on my phone when I did this where my pre app won't validate on the app so when I go to the web site I log in and it shows me where my phne is and everything but my app is not working not validating as if I have the original app on my phone but want to know how I can get the app to work I tried deleteing and reinstall app but no validateing on the app need help thanks
    You need to go to the My Account page on the site and Reauthorize your phone. Once you've done that try to validate the app again and it should work. If it does not then post back and let us know.

Attention!
    There will be an update to the website released on Monday 5 October 2009 that will require a new version of the app. The new version will be released on Monday at the same time. This will enable all Premium Options that you can find under the My Account page.

Please make sure to download the update as soon as it's out, as the old version will no longer function with the new code on the site.
    Well well, look at the options we have now. I am ready for this!
    so wheres the update?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    so wheres the update?
    Will be released Monday along with the site update. You will be able to find it in the first post of this thread, and also the homebrew app catalog, which means fileCoaster should give you the update as well.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    i realize that you are going to need to be paid for this app and I will be happy to help out once that happens. I have read through the posts and can not find anyone mentioning this, so, I will....

If possible, I would like to see some or all of the following in this app... I know, you are very busy, and I am not sure if these are on your plate or not...either way, I am very happy with your work.

1. a mobile version of the map for phones that aren't as good as the pre.
    2. A way to share that map without giving account information.
    3. a way to either save the trails or export the trails to google earth for saving.
    4. a way to disable trails if you only want your current location viewed.
    5. More than 20 saved historical trails... looking to save a day ride on the motorcycle, 20 just wont hack it.

You are already implementing my number 1 request... updates by the minute. I just hope that does not put a strain on your server....

thanks again... I have deleted cell stalker from my pre cuz I think you are on the right path to what I am looking for...and you are a fellow biker too... LOL
    I've never been able to get this app to work. I don't know why. I registered on the site, installed the app, put the same info I signed up on the site with into the app, validated the login, closed the app. But nothing. Am I missing a step?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by userengel View Post
    I've never been able to get this app to work. I don't know why. I registered on the site, installed the app, put the same info I signed up on the site with into the app, validated the login, closed the app. But nothing. Am I missing a step?
    when you go to the site and click on the map, is there anything there?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    i realize that you are going to need to be paid for this app and I will be happy to help out once that happens. I have read through the posts and can not find anyone mentioning this, so, I will....

If possible, I would like to see some or all of the following in this app... I know, you are very busy, and I am not sure if these are on your plate or not...either way, I am very happy with your work.

1. a mobile version of the map for phones that aren't as good as the pre.
    2. A way to share that map without giving account information.
    3. a way to either save the trails or export the trails to google earth for saving.
    4. a way to disable trails if you only want your current location viewed.
    5. More than 20 saved historical trails... looking to save a day ride on the motorcycle, 20 just wont hack it.

You are already implementing my number 1 request... updates by the minute. I just hope that does not put a strain on your server....

thanks again... I have deleted cell stalker from my pre cuz I think you are on the right path to what I am looking for...and you are a fellow biker too... LOL
    Everything you mentioned above is not only feasible, but already planned If I can stick to my schedule items 3, 4, and 5 should be available this week, and 1 and 2 to hopefully follow the week after that. Item 1 will probably be last implemented as the main goal of this project is to identify a lost/stolen phone. However, I realize there are definitely more uses given the technology and will try to cater to as many of those as possible/reasonable.

I absolutely appreciate everyone's support. Tomorrow will be a big step towards moving out of beta as Premium options go live. As always, post comments/questions to the thread here and I'll do my best to address them.

xluryan: any plans for the app icon that is not part of the launcher but requires a code to be typed in to access it? i mentioned this a few days ago, but was wondering if it was actually being considered.
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Really like the app, it works great on my Pre. I use APRS ( automatic reporting system) on ham radio. You can see me at (map.findu.com/n9eh-14) do not use www. I would like to see the ability to give someone my username without my password so they can track me and see my location. Thanks again for all the hard work.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    xluryan: any plans for the app icon that is not part of the launcher but requires a code to be typed in to access it? i mentioned this a few days ago, but was wondering if it was actually being considered.
    This is being considered. Time only allows for so much at once

Quote Originally Posted by EllisG View Post
    Really like the app, it works great on my Pre. I use APRS ( automatic reporting system) on ham radio. You can see me at (map.findu.com/n9eh-14) do not use www. I would like to see the ability to give someone my username without my password so they can track me and see my location. Thanks again for all the hard work.
    This is definitely planned and should be ready sometime this week.

This may have been mentioned before if so soory for the repost.

I love the app. & can see it being very useful, but what good would it be if it wasn't running. In the event my Pre were to be stolen or lost then found by someone other than me. They could just click the apps icon and disable it.

I think after clicking the icon a PIN hould have to be entered to gain access to the off switch.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    This may have been mentioned before if so soory for the repost.

I love the app. & can see it being very useful, but what good would it be if it wasn't running. In the event my Pre were to be stolen or lost then found by someone other than me. They could just click the apps icon and disable it.

I think after clicking the icon a PIN hould have to be entered to gain access to the off switch.
    I think I read somewhere that the developer is looking into this... but if someone steals your pre and actually knows about the pre, they could go into the location settings and disable it there too... I think this app will develop into something different, and be more usable in different ways in addition to the "stolen phone" angle. Lets just watch and see where he goes with it.

FYI, upgrade went fine this morning....location shows me dead on.
    I'm still in the back yard 2 house away from where I really am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    I think I read somewhere that the developer is looking into this... but if someone steals your pre and actually knows about the pre, they could go into the location settings and disable it there too... I think this app will develop into something different, and be more usable in different ways in addition to the "stolen phone" angle. Lets just watch and see where he goes with it.

FYI, upgrade went fine this morning....location shows me dead on.
    To circumvent this app, and any other similar one, all you have to do is perform a full erase and run webOS Doctor on it to restore it.

But I guess this app allows you to catch a thief who tries to use the device prior to wiping it clean.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    To circumvent this app, and any other similar one, all you have to do is perform a full erase and run webOS Doctor on it to restore it.

But I guess this app allows you to catch a thief who tries to use the device prior to wiping it clean.
    I know I would personally rather have a slim chance rather than no chance. Also, your phone being stolen is only one of the scenarios this project is trying to cover. I know several people who have lost their phone, and this app will certainly help in that situation.

I know I would personally rather have a slim chance rather than no chance. Also, your phone being stolen is only one of the scenarios this project is trying to cover. I know several people who have lost their phone, and this app will certainly help in that situation.
    I agree... I think most people who steal someone's phone will probably play with it a bit before thinking about wiping it clean, if they do so at all.