Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    My map screen on the web Page is gray? Need help
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsw10482 View Post
    i didnt read all the posts so i am not sure if it has been mentioned, when you login to your account, it shows your last log in as 2009 years ago
    This has been mentioned and is on the bug list. Since this is rather low priority to everything else it will be one of the last things taken care of. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by patmcguck View Post
    My map screen on the web Page is gray? Need help
    What browser are you using? How long ago was your last upload? Have you tried refreshing the page?

xluryan:

My last upload was over 12 hours ago. I am about a mile away from my last location and the app has still not updated. Is the service up down right now, or is this issue just me?

EDIT: I forced an update, but my last point, the point on the map for the last 12 hours, was erased upon updating. Is the site coded in reverse that the 2nd newest point is erased instead of the oldest point? This is not the first time I have seen this behavior.
    Last edited by Yankees368; 09/30/2009 at 08:48 AM.
    xluryan - I like the idea of the app immensely. It would be quite fun to track down somebody if they stole your phone and confront them My only concern is that labeling the app as "Where is my pre" on the actual phone may make it easy for someone to guess it's purpose. It would be a simple matter to delete the app, which would break the functionality of it. Then, I would be SOL again.

I was thinking...would it be possible to have the app be named something else on the phone, something rather innocuous? That way, if someone stole the phone and were looking through the apps, their suspicions would not be aroused by an app called Where is my pre. It would also be cool to have a dummy front to the app when it is launched that would have to be bypassed to get to the real app. Once again, a front that would look innocuous, like a unit conversion program, to fool any thief who was looking for a program that may give away his location via GPS.

things to consider, I would hope.

John
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    xluryan - I like the idea of the app immensely. It would be quite fun to track down somebody if they stole your phone and confront them My only concern is that labeling the app as "Where is my pre" on the actual phone may make it easy for someone to guess it's purpose. It would be a simple matter to delete the app, which would break the functionality of it. Then, I would be SOL again.

I was thinking...would it be possible to have the app be named something else on the phone, something rather innocuous? That way, if someone stole the phone and were looking through the apps, their suspicions would not be aroused by an app called Where is my pre. It would also be cool to have a dummy front to the app when it is launched that would have to be bypassed to get to the real app. Once again, a front that would look innocuous, like a unit conversion program, to fool any thief who was looking for a program that may give away his location via GPS.

John
    +1 great idea
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    xluryan:

My last upload was over 12 hours ago. I am about a mile away from my last location and the app has still not updated. Is the service up down right now, or is this issue just me?

EDIT: I forced an update, but my last point, the point on the map for the last 12 hours, was erased upon updating. Is the site coded in reverse that the 2nd newest point is erased instead of the oldest point? This is not the first time I have seen this behavior.
    This is odd indeed. Try to refresh the page and let me know if it's different now.

Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post

John
    I was thinking something more along the lines of having the icon hidden like the Dev Mode app. You'd have to type in a key or perform some other action to get the icon to appear. What does everyone think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    This is odd indeed. Try to refresh the page and let me know if it's different now.
    Seems to be better now. Is there anyway to add an option between 12 and 24 hour time?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Seems to be better now. Is there anyway to add an option between 12 and 24 hour time?
    Sure. Look for that in the near future.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I was thinking something more along the lines of having the icon hidden like the Dev Mode app. You'd have to type in a key or perform some other action to get the icon to appear. What does everyone think about that?
    makes complete sense to me... great idea, but if you can, make it an option...

As discussed before, I am not interested in using this to track down my pre, I am interested in saving my trails... (I am the motorcyle rider)

I just checked the map, and um, the trail states I was in the middle of the Pacific Ocean... never seen this program be THAT far off (I am in Colorado)
    So just to clarify things for myself...running WebOS 1.2

In order for this program to work at all....Location Services must be ON?
    And then just use Google Service for location, OR for better accuracy you must have GPS ON also? (thus using more battery...somewhat)

Is this correct? as I had all services off at first and noticed it did not load anything.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    So just to clarify things for myself...running WebOS 1.2

In order for this program to work at all....Location Services must be ON?
    And then just use Google Service for location, OR for better accuracy you must have GPS ON also? (thus using more battery...somewhat)

Is this correct? as I had all services off at first and noticed it did not load anything.
    Thanks.
    If you just use google service, your location will be close, but never exact. GPS will attempt to peg you within a few hundred meters. Either will work, but you need at least one of those.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    makes complete sense to me... great idea, but if you can, make it an option...

As discussed before, I am not interested in using this to track down my pre, I am interested in saving my trails... (I am the motorcyle rider)

I just checked the map, and um, the trail states I was in the middle of the Pacific Ocean... never seen this program be THAT far off (I am in Colorado)
    That is a bug in the polyline. It doesn't mean you were actually out there . For some reason the trails keep shooting off to the left of the map. I am working to resolve it.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    That is a bug in the polyline. It doesn't mean you were actually out there . For some reason the trails keep shooting off to the left of the map. I am working to resolve it.
    FYI... this should be fixed now

FYI... this should be fixed now
    much better!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    This may be a stupid question, but where do I get the app??? (I'm guessing it's the zip file at the beginning of this thread. Please confirm.)

And, how do I get it on to (install) on my Pre?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snafu2dj View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but where do I get the app??? (I'm guessing it's the zip file at the beginning of this thread. Please confirm.)

And, how do I get it on to (install) on my Pre?
    you can install it via preware or the file coaster. If you need help on how to do that, go to the app heading and go to "how do i install apps" area.
    xluryan....the option to hide the app would be great! much more elegant idea!

john
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    you can install it via preware or the file coaster. If you need help on how to do that, go to the app heading and go to "how do i install apps" area.
    So is it the zip file at the beginning of this thread?

And what app heading??? Homebrew Apps?
    I am having the same issue that I had several days ago. My pre has not updated WIMP in the last 10 hours, all while on the wrong location. The location is off by about a mile. This is with WIFI ON. A quick launch of google maps and 10 seconds later found my real GPS location. I do not understand why the pre is using this location, as google latitude on my desktop, using the same wifi signal, has my location exact.
    At this point, I am going to try to change the SSID on my wireless router and see if that makes any difference.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snafu2dj View Post
    So is it the zip file at the beginning of this thread?

And what app heading??? Homebrew Apps?
    Please view this page.

I am having the same issue that I had several days ago. My pre has not updated WIMP in the last 10 hours, all while on the wrong location. The location is off by about a mile. This is with WIFI ON. A quick launch of google maps and 10 seconds later found my real GPS location. I do not understand why the pre is using this location, as google latitude on my desktop, using the same wifi signal, has my location exact.
    At this point, I am going to try to change the SSID on my wireless router and see if that makes any difference.
    Mine does that too when I'm inside. It happens from time to time. Just the nature of the GPS hardware. The only way around this would be to constantly poll the GPS device (like Google Maps does) which would draw too much energy if it was doing this every 20 minutes.

I'm working on a accuracy indicator on the site so that at least people don't get the wrong idea about the markers.