Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    Odd. Are you going over EVDO? Could be a poor signal issue causing the phone to not be able to hit the internet.

Perhaps I will send you a different version of the app to help diagnose accuracy issues. Look for a PM sometime later today.
    I am going over EVDO and I have great signal strength. Like I said, everything is the same except for the update. Now I'm off by miles. I'll keep my eye out for the PM.

Thanks,
    Wayne
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
    Just installed it about 15 minutes ago. It's showing my location about 7.5 blocks due west away from my location. I don't have plans (yet) to go anywhere today. I'll check it later today.

Does this app in any way modify any files that have to be removed before the webOS update?
    If you are inside a building, accuracy may suffer, as with any GPS device.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey xluryan mine hasnt uploaded in like 2 days and i have the app in my phone set to active and everything...wuts going on?

Edit: and its also still showing im at my gf house....im at my house right now
    Try closing the app and reloading it. Let me know if that does not correct the issue.

Try closing the app and reloading it. Let me know if that does not correct the issue.
    Done that 4 times and still doesn't upload anything
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I've logged in like 4 times today and when I log in everytime still says my last login was 4 days ago
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I've logged in like 4 times today and when I log in everytime still says my last login was 4 days ago
    It doesn't update until you log in again. If you don't completely log out, it won't update. Click the logout button before you close the browser.

Try verifying your login with the app as well. If you relaunch the app and close it again it should upload whether you've moved or not. So if it's not uploading even when you do that, there is a problem.

It doesn't update until you log in again. If you don't completely log out, it won't update. Click the logout button before you close the browser.

Try verifying your login with the app as well. If you relaunch the app and close it again it should upload whether you've moved or not. So if it's not uploading even when you do that, there is a problem.
    then im guessing there is a problem bc ive been moving all day and whenever i log onto my account it says it hasnt uploaded in 2 days
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I will deifnitely try this app, and possibly pay for it it if I'm satisfied. My only issue is that it needs GPS (Imean, Duh!) but leaving that on 24/7 will impact battery life.

What if we can register, and be able to activate the GPS on the phone from the website to locate the Pre as close as possible to it's location. That way, I don't have to worry about not having the GPS off and potentially having a 'useless' app in trying to find my Pre.

Do ya get my point? But thanks anyways, AWESOME app...must try.
    I just checked mine and it was about 4 mines off, I'm guessing it might be a tower, even though I've never seen one there and the map the pops up is about 50x50miles
    Ok, something is up. The app has not updated in 12 hours for me, and is still giving me the location of my old apartment, dead on. This is with WIFI on. Conversely, google maps on my laptop is using whatever info it uses and puts me at my correct location. What is the deal with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Ok, something is up. The app has not updated in 12 hours for me, and is still giving me the location of my old apartment, dead on. This is with WIFI on. Conversely, google maps on my laptop is using whatever info it uses and puts me at my correct location. What is the deal with this?
    same thing is happening to me except it hasnt updated mine in 3 days!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    same thing is happening to me except it hasnt updated mine in 3 days!
    Everyone seems to be having this issue... Something must be broken in the new version. There will be an update tonight before midnight CST. Check back then.

Everyone seems to be having this issue... Something must be broken in the new version. There will be an update tonight before midnight CST. Check back then.
    You are the best. Keep up the good work man.
    awesome thank you...i thought i was the only weirdo having problems
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

awesome thank you...i thought i was the only weirdo having problems
    Nop,e definetly not. The app almost never seems to use GPS anymore for me. Only Cell ID and wifi ID.
    Nop,e definetly not. The app almost never seems to use GPS anymore for me. Only Cell ID and wifi ID.
    i understand but my problem was that it didnt upload at all....it hasnt uploaded in 3 days...i was at my gf's house 3 days ago and the location there was completely perfect but of course ive moved around but it stayed there
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I've had this app for about 3 or 4 days now. At first it worked perfectly with location services being fairly accurate. But yesterday it started to screw up. I was flying home to Oklahoma City from Idaho with a stop in San Francisco and Denver. I did turn on airplane mode for the flights, but I turned it back off everytime I landed. It worked in Idaho, San Fran, but when it got to Denver it started saying I was in Houston, and its said I was in Houston since then...any ideas to what would cause that? I just tested the gps device using Google Maps and the Where Is My Car app in homebrew and it got my current location accurately. So its gotta be the website or its confusing my phone with someone else's in Houston. Is that a fairly good judgment?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    The new version is up. The validate login feature has been enhanced. If everyone could try the new version and validate. Let me know what it says.

If validation fails, you'll get an error code now. If you get the error code, let me know what number it is. This could all be an easy fix.

The new version is up. The validate login feature has been enhanced. If everyone could try the new version and validate. Let me know what it says.

If validation fails, you'll get an error code now. If you get the error code, let me know what number it is. This could all be an easy fix.
    You were not kidding when you said sometime before 1am EST. Downloading now.

FYI: However you are uploading to the precentral servers, filecoaster is not seeing the app as being updated, just a newer version.

UPDATE: App updated 32 seconds ago, still using Cell ID, not GPS. Something is still wrong. Opening google maps gets me my exact location in a few seconds.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    You were not kidding when you said sometime before 1am EST. Downloading now.

FYI: However you are uploading to the precentral servers, filecoaster is not seeing the app as being updated, just a newer version.

UPDATE: App updated 32 seconds ago, still using Cell ID, not GPS. Something is still wrong. Opening google maps gets me my exact location in a few seconds.
    Try opening and closing the app again to force an update. How is the accuracy after doing that?