Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    you do know you can just put your phone into Airplane mode manually, right? :-)
    Sure do!

As others have stated, I have no land line and need to be available for work in the event of an emergency. I would be very interested in this app growing into a profile manager that would control BT, Wifi, GPS, etc...
    I was originally using this from about 3am to 6am but I have a feeling I'll be extending that time since I don't use my Pre for Phone calls anyway. (I don't know how but the previous owner didn't do something right when selling it because I can use anything DATA but not make calls. I don't have to pay for anything)
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    It would be nice if there was a notification when the app turned turned off the phone that would stay there until you got rid of it or until the phone turned back on in the morning.

The reason for this is that sometimes I stay up later than other nights. I have already had several situations where I forgot that I had the app on and was waiting for a phone call. If a notification would have poped up I would have remembered to turn the app off this night.
    I have a feature request:

Since most peoples habits are um.. different on Fri (night), Sat and Sun (the weekend) then they are on the weekdays. Would it be possible to have custom scheduling for the days in the week?

Great App by the way!
  5. LWI
    Is there a bug with respect to Daylight saving time ?
    Yesterday I noted than my settings in BS were advanced by one hour.... it may have been like that for a few days .... possibly an adverse effect of the DST implementation ?
    I loved this app as turning on airplane mode at night means I won't be disturbed through my sleep.

Yet I noticed after the update to 1.3.1 that now my Pre doesn't charge through the night on my Touchstone, I wakeup in the morning to see a dying battery. Yet my touchstone works after I wakeup, which proves my touchstone is working. Suspecting Battery Saver, I turned it off, deleted it and no more dying batteries.

Seems that 1.3.1 broke this app
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Guess I will put in my 2 cents. I would just like for the "ringtone" and "notifications" to be turned off and on at a designated time. I was using "Battery Saver", however my provider is Sprint and they provide an automatic backup of some of the files on your Pre at 1:00 AM CST. This will not work if the Pre is in "Airplane" mode.
    Reminds me of an app called "Radio Control" for Palm OS I used to use...the one feature request I'd add is the ability to force a reset upon wake. While certainly nowhere near what I would run into on POS, it seems the Pre does at times benefit from a fresh start. Would be nice to have it auto-reboot after turning all services back on each morning.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I use this to shut off the radios at night so it doesn't wake me up. It seems though, that it no longer shuts off WiFi. Did 1.3.1 break this?
    TTFN
    Great app, thanks! Works fine on Pre (running v1.3.5.1)

Would it be possible for it to check whether the phone has an active call in use and if so, delay turning on Airplane mode by say 10 minutes. Sometimes you can be on a phone call later than usual and your call will end.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Like dbeedle, I'm seeing inconsistent results with wi-fi turning off. I use a landline most of the time. Since the app requires you to enter a setting for Turn Off Airplane Mode, and I don't want airplane mode to be off all day when I don't need to use the phone, I have it set to go out of airplane mode 10 minutes before it enters airplane mode (e.g, turn off airplane mode = 12:50 a.m., turn on airplane mode = 1 a.m.). Some mornings I find that both wi-fi and airplane mode are off, some mornings airplane mode is off but wi-fi is on. I haven't figured out the pattern yet.

Robert
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have a Verizon Pre Plus. When I tried to download Battery Saver on the Phone, I get an "Unauthorized call to open an ipk" error message. Solutions?
    I received two reports saying that Battery Saver doesn't work on Verizon phones with the 1.4 update. I have a Sprint Pixi, which still works properly.

Does anyone else see this problem? If so please let me know the carrier and phone that you are using.

If you do see this problem, please send me logs. To do this, you launch the phone application and type ##5647# on the onscreen keyboard. This launches the collect logs application. Tap the "create quick logs" button and then select the "email it" option. The email address is excessdata--at--yahoo.com ("--at--" is to prevent spam scrapers from getting my email address; please replace it with @).
    Is this borked in 1.4 or is it screwed up with the device menu megamix?
    Can anyone confirmed?
    PRedwood, it's not working in 1.4 for sprint with Pre. I'll send you the logs.
    Thanks!
    mine is German GSM PRE with 1.4
    it fails to display "tap the XXXX"
    and it does not appeart in JsTop

also, ##5647# not work on my pre.....
  16. LWI
    Quote Originally Posted by PRedwood View Post
    I received two reports saying that Battery Saver doesn't work on Verizon phones with the 1.4 update. I have a Sprint Pixi, which still works properly.

Does anyone else see this problem? If so please let me know the carrier and phone that you are using.

If you do see this problem, please send me logs. To do this, you launch the phone application and type ##5647# on the onscreen keyboard. This launches the collect logs application. Tap the "create quick logs" button and then select the "email it" option. The email address is excessdata--at--yahoo.com ("--at--" is to prevent spam scrapers from getting my email address; please replace it with @).
    I'm on Bell's network (in Canada) with a PRE. Did the 1.4 update yesterday.
    Last night, the phone turned off normally (23h00) but did not turn on this morning (set at 06h30). I had to turn it on manually. Will see tomorrow AM. Tried the ##5647# on the hard keyboard - nothing. I do not have an onscreen kb.

LWI
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PRedwood View Post
    It's working fine on my Verizon Palm Pre Plus under WebOS 1.4 (except for wi-fi not turning off).

Robert
  18. LWI
    Quote Originally Posted by LWI View Post
    I'm on Bell's network (in Canada) with a PRE. Did the 1.4 update yesterday.
    Last night, the phone turned off normally (23h00) but did not turn on this morning (set at 06h30). I had to turn it on manually. Will see tomorrow AM. Tried the ##5647# on the hard keyboard - nothing. I do not have an onscreen kb.

LWI
    Normal behavior today.... off and on as per settings. False alarm.
    LWI
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I have a feature request:

Since most peoples habits are um.. different on Fri (night), Sat and Sun (the weekend) then they are on the weekdays. Would it be possible to have custom scheduling for the days in the week?

Great App by the way!
    While I would like to learn WebOS, I have zero programming knowledge. I would donate $20.00 bucks to the cause of who ever can add the above capability since the code is open source. Heck, I would love to work with someone here just to get my feet wet. I dont even know where or what to put the source code into...

Any takers upon any of my proposals?
    I'm using it and loving it,tired of those unwanted junk emails.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast