Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Did you click the Battery Saver switch at the top to ON?

- Craig
    I am really trying to find a witty retort -
    but simple answer is 'yes, of course'
    I tried this app.i think it kills my battery faster!
    Hello, I download and tried this application. I was searching for this because I had that on my last smartphone and I use to miss it. Let say that on a Bell mobility phone the "turn on airplane mode at" does not work but the "turn off airplane mode at" does work.

Right now when I go to sleep I turn on the airplane mode manually (not with that application) and in the morning my pre is up to work.

Is there something different in the Sprint and the Bell version of the pre.

Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    I am having the same problem. I set the time for 1:10am and checked at 1:20am with the card open and the switch on. I did not see the airplane mode indicator.
    I tried rebooting and trying again. still nothing.

the times were from 1:10am to 6am.
    something is wrong with the AM setting if the on and off is set for the AM then it will not go into airplane mode
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    Me likey. Suggest not putting in Airplane mode if the Pre is charging.
    Airplane mode keeps the Pre from talking (beeping) in my sleep. The battery saving part is secondary.

Please keep it active when charging or not. What is the downside?

- Craig
    If I wanted to save the battery and not get woken up with calls or texts I'd turn the phone off... Call me old-fashioned.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Im pretty excited about this...anyway to have a scheduler in there? Like on Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, turn off between 6 and 2, etc... I can't use my phone at work, so it would be nice just to shut it off on the weekdays!
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    I used Phone Technician for the Palm OS to do this on my Treo - I don't like to be bothered after I go to bed by a friend in another time zone who wants to text me something or a wrong number (I had some poor girl call my phone after a guy made up my number and gave it to her at a bar).

Items on my wish list (supported in Technician):

Insert itself in the OS's startup script so that the setting takes effect after a reboot
    Different times for weekday vs. weekend
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I use this app and love it, thank you
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    If options for selecting specific services to be off during a set period of time was available, I would install this right now. Unfortunately, going into airplane mode makes the phone useless for anything other then an alarm clock. I'd want to shut off email, BT and wifi but leave text and phone on. Implement profiles and I'm in. As of now, I have to just say thanks for your time but not what I really need.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmflouis View Post
    Hello, I download and tried this application. I was searching for this because I had that on my last smartphone and I use to miss it. Let say that on a Bell mobility phone the "turn on airplane mode at" does not work but the "turn off airplane mode at" does work.

Right now when I go to sleep I turn on the airplane mode manually (not with that application) and in the morning my pre is up to work.

Is there something different in the Sprint and the Bell version of the pre.

Regards,
    The update seems to have made a different. It work now.
    Do you post the change log somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    If options for selecting specific services to be off during a set period of time was available, I would install this right now. Unfortunately, going into airplane mode makes the phone useless for anything other then an alarm clock. I'd want to shut off email, BT and wifi but leave text and phone on. Implement profiles and I'm in. As of now, I have to just say thanks for your time but not what I really need.
    +1.

I installed it so I could get updates easier next time around.

I'm waiting for similar features since I would still like to get phone calls (but nothing else) during the night hours.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
  14. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I would like to have profiles also, so that on weekends I can have it turn on later than 6am
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I believe this is really close to what I need. My wife threatened to throw the Pre out the window if it wakes her up in the middle of the night again.

It appears that no-time repeating calendar reminders go off at 6:00 AM and I know of no way to change that.

In addition to putting the Pre in Airplane mode, I would love it if it would turn off all sounds too.
    GREATTTT App! I manually turn on Airplane mode after reading that the 3G eats the battery, esp when trying to get a steady signal. Sumtimes I love NOTHING overnight in Airplane mode!!!!!

So this is definitely a great utility, set it and forget it (no app left open)....until my Pre completely dies or resets. THANKS!!
    Has anyone else noticed that since 1.2, Battery Saver does not turn off WiFi?
    Feature request: Offer an option to just turn off "Data Usage" instead of full airplane mode.

This way texts and calls can still come on, but the major battery abuser (EVDO) is switched off overnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieEastwood View Post
    If I wanted to save the battery and not get woken up with calls or texts I'd turn the phone off... Call me old-fashioned.
    That would be perfect... if you didn't want to wait 5-10 minutes for your phone to boot up!
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    That would be perfect... if you didn't want to wait 5-10 minutes for your phone to boot up!
    you do know you can just put your phone into Airplane mode manually, right? :-)
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast