You are going on a holiday with your friends, and one of you payed the bike rent, while another bought some food.
Or you are often eating out with your buddies and you don't want to split the bill each time.
There's bound to be a discussion about who payed what and when, no matter how reasonable you are.
ShareTheCosts lets you keep track of expenses in a group and lets you define who profited from a given payment. With STC you always know who payed more or less and saves you the hassle of having to back-track through all your expenses after a trip.
Only two out of three people needed to rent a bike, but the third one (A) was the only one with money. So A pays for the bike rent, but B and C profit from it. Now B and C both owe A.
Thus, A has a positive balance, while B and C might consider getting some money and paying for lunch.
- Manage multiple projects with different participants
- Keep track of who payed what for whom
- Display a balance sheet for each person
The current version has been submitted to the official WebOS app catalog --
get it here.
License: This app is licensed under "Creative Commons, no derivative works".
If you like it, consider a donation:
Please provide feedback and rate the app on precentral!
Initial release 0.1.0
* Ability to mail balance sheets
* Changed some navigation
* Version checker added
* Choose people from contacts
* Clarified balance resolution
* More polished interface :-)
* Fixed a mean bug preventing the app from running on V1.2
* Manually edit amounts by double-tapping
* Edit the date of payment
* Set the input mode to numbers for amount fields
* Clarified some wordings
* Added a balance overview
* Added a "Palmely" help-scene
* Made everything localizable, and....
* Added ze german translation
* Added ability to remove people from a project
* Added configurable default selection behavior (see the preferences)
* Database now stored on usb drive for easier backup
* Manually distributed amounts are now added to the previous amount
* Mail balance overview
* fixed some minor bugs
* Re-added ability to simply enter names of participants
* Mailed balance overview now much more detailed
* fixed some minor bugs
* Finally n-to-n payments possible
* Add and remove people from projects as you like
* fixed some minor and major bugs
* much more small functionalities
* Enter to input values into "popups"
* New splash screen :-)
* some minor bugs fixed
* Added a balance history graph
* Now you can enter 0 into numerical textfields