Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Hi Rnatau,

I have unfortunately shifted on to android and was wondering why you have your app only on webOS?

I have looked and looked through the whole android market and not been able to find an app close to STC. The closest is TripGorilla for $1 and it sucks big time compared to STC and people are actually buying it.

Just wondering if you have any plans to develop for other platforms as well. Miss STC on android.

2.    #82  
    dwall, in short: no ;-)

I just don't have the time for that, and I don't plan to commercialize STC anytime soon...
    Also, I developed STC mainly for my own use :-)
    But you are of course free to develop a clone, and I would also support you concerning the internals.

But... of course it fills me with a certain pride that you actually miss STC :-)
    Thanks for the reply. I am not much of a programmer, so no can do.

anyways, let me know if at anytime you plan to port it to android.
  4.    #84  
    After quite some amount of work, I have two announcements to make:
    1) STC has reached 1.0 with major changes in the way payments are handled. Major new feature is n-to-n payments!
    2) STC has been submitted to the app catalog (for free). Just note that the homebrew version is not compatible, but you can just keep on using the homebrew one.

Finally, I got around to donations... If you'd like to show your appreciation (apart from just liking STC ;-)), here you go:
    Thanks for the update! Is there a way to move data from the homebrew version to the new version or do we have to start from scratch?
    I used STC (homebrew version) while on a trip this summer and it was great. I really really like its simple design and the fact that it just works.
  7.    #87  
    OpenTrackRacer, what do you mean by that? Your data should still be available as before... If not, i'd have to pull this update immediately...
    Please clarify asap, thanks.

Edit:
    If you're just talking about the catalog version: there's no need to do anything, just keep on using the homebrew version - actually, you'll get new versions slightly sooner this way ;-)

Sapient2k7: Thank you! And it's just gotten simpler, I think :-)
    Hi Rob,

thanks for the update - since emailing you from a pub in london last new year your wee app has been invaluable on trips to the philipines, germany, france & cornwall. The best ap on my pre & i'll certinaly donate.

so - really excited about an update....trouble is preware doesn't appear to have a homebrew update available & the v1 in the official app cataloge can't see my old projects.

can you post a link to the homebrew version? Or is there a way to import old projects into the new sharethecosts using internalz? Its no big deal as they're old!

thanks again for an excellent app.
  9.    #89  
    Haha, true, just a year ago!
    Good to see that it's still useful for you.
    While STC does not have many users (really only a few ;-)), it gives me a lot of motivation that those who use it find it really useful! And you would not believe how much work went into the seemingly small changes for V1.0.0!

Unfortunately, there seems to be some problems at precentral, as you describe - STC does not show up in the feed, you can't really download it over the preware link, etc. - but it seems it's not the only affected app, at least :-)
    I've already contacted them, but no reply until now.
    Try this link to install the latest hb-version: http://zorg.ch/files/8/stc-1.0.0.ipk
    It should open with preware or internalz.

Robert
    Hi, just to chime in that I really like this little program, invaluable when making trips with friends. I used to be jealous of one of my friends who had a programme like this on palmos while i had to use a shabby excelsheet.

feature suggestion: it would be nice to be able to assign a percentage/factor to a person, for example if me and 3 buddies go to a bar and one of them leaves early i can put him down for only a 0.5 part share of the costs. Then the total will be divided into 3.5 parts. (this isn't possible with manual amount without guestimating)

In dutch we call this the 'kroegtijgerfactor' bar-tiger conversion rate :-)

also a total amount spent per project would be nice.
  11.    #91  
    Thanks for your feedback!
    Assigning a factor seems to be a recurring wish, so I'll be sure to implement that for the next major release - unfortunately it does imply some major changes, so it won't be too soon :-)
    Amount spent per project also is not as easy as it seems (because payback-payments should not be counted as expenses!), but this sure would be nice to have - maybe this will come a little sooner.
    Also planned, btw, is support for archiving projects (an old wish!), and a nice not-so-little surprise feature ;-)
  12.    #92  
    MCM, thanks for reporting this. This really does not make a lot of sense :-)

Concerning the CSV feature: The overall e-mail report is fairly detailed (and can be imported into excel) - do you expect more details or other data? What other data would you expect to be exported?

And as for your own clone: feel free to do that! If you then find that you're talented but too lazy to complete your own clone you can always help me with STC ;-)
    Hi Rob! Sorry for any confusion! I was referring to the App Catalog version. I was worried because you'd said that it was not compatible with the homebrew version and I need to keep my data.

I went ahead and installed the new homebrew version and everything looks fine. It shows up in the feeds on Preware now but I get an installation error so I had to download the package and install it locally.

Thanks again for providing such a useful piece of software!
  14.    #94  
    Jup, I also realized by now that I did not formulate that in the best way :-)

The precentral feed still seems to have some problems, unfortunately... what error did you get?

Btw, did you catch my hommage to you in the screenshots? ;-)
    Hmmmmm... Noise fine?

Oh, as for the error, I didn't write it down and now that I have it updated I can't try again. Sorry for being dense!
  16.    #96  
    Racing weekend ;-)

About the error, no problem, I'll try myself... but only when the precentral feed seems to be working again.
    Ha! That's great. I must be getting a different set... when I look it shows Roomies with Peter, Paul and Mary.
    I like the app a lot and friends of mine are kind of envy not having any similar on their platform. I'd like to suggest a feature which would use a unique webos feature: contact reminder.
    As it is possible to select contact entries into the list, i thought of adding the personal total (negative/positive) to the contact reminder. I thought of something like: "<projectname>: gets/has to pay <personaltotal>".
    In that way u can hold track with perhaps later payments of your friends.

If it is not possible to implement it that way, a possibility to copy these values to the clipboard would be nice.
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    I like the app a lot and friends of mine are kind of envy not having any similar on their platform.
    Sweet :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    I'd like to suggest a feature which would use a unique webos feature: contact reminder.
    As it is possible to select contact entries into the list, i thought of adding the personal total (negative/positive) to the contact reminder. I thought of something like: "<projectname>: gets/has to pay <personaltotal>".
    In that way u can hold track with perhaps later payments of your friends.

If it is not possible to implement it that way, a possibility to copy these values to the clipboard would be nice.
    Hm, I've not been developing STC for a long time now, but I'll keep that in mind for future improvements - when the Pre3 finally arrives I might be motivated enough to implement an Enyo version with a lot of new stuff ;-)
    Thanks for your feedback!
    Superb app.A huge thanks to the developer.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast