Page 1 of 16 123456 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 302
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    FlashCards for webOS is the perfect study companion.

    Learn a language, prepare for an exam, or just quiz your trivia knowledge for fun. With FlashCards, you can practice anytime, anywhere. Its user friendly design is perfect for children and adults.

    Create your own Flash Cards on your phone, or download from our growing library of 300+ Editor's Picks and thousands of User Submitted Flash Cards. There is something new every day.

    The power does not stop at just the Online Downloads. We have created an entire website dedicated to helping you. With the Online Tools, you can import from other websites, create your own, and much more. All of this is free and accessible right through the application. You can even publish them online for everyone to download, or password protect them to share only with your study partner.

    FlashCards is not just for students. We have a large assortment of Trivia, Fun & Interesting, and Children's Flash Cards. What better way to get your children learning their alphabet or multiplication table? Study with them anytime. In the car, at home, in the doctor's office, or just before bed.

    Visit our website to find tutorials, walk-throughs, browse Flash Card Sets available, and much more.

    FlashCards supports text, HTML, Images, and even Audio.


    Features

    * Create an unlimited number of Flash Cards in an unlimited number of Flash Card Sets right on your phone.
    * Online Tools Online Tools for managing, importing, and backing up your Flash Cards
    * Bring your Online Flash Card Sets to your phone.
    * Share your Flash Card Sets with everyone, or password protect them for your study partner

    * Download from the Online Library
    * Download Flash Cards directly from our growing library of Editor's Picks, User Submitted, Your Personal Sets, or Search

    * Practice
    * Track's your study time, # cards reviewed, # right, # wrong.
    * Track your progress with options to save cards you got right and wrong.
    * Randomly show cards, or review in order.
    * Set cards as 'Learned' so they do not show up in practice mode.
    * Reverse Mode, Multiple Choice, Hints, and 3 Sided Cards..

    * Supports Text, HTML, Images, and Audio*

    * Images and Audio require an active data connection
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by spdsktr; 10/08/2009 at 12:09 PM.
  2. Romanmb's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #2  
    AWESOME! There are several online databases that have flashcards, will this link to them? otherwise, its great to review things (i've been using memopad to write things down that I need to remember) but this is def a lot better!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by romanmb View Post
    AWESOME! There are several online databases that have flashcards, will this link to them? otherwise, its great to review things (i've been using memopad to write things down that I need to remember) but this is def a lot better!
    All in good time. I focused on the app up until this point. Only have 4 sets available *sheepish look*

    I will focus on sets next and have hundreds. Made a list of them too:

    Movie Quotes, Spanish, French, German, Bible Quotes, Multiplication Table, and too many more to name.

    If you have any in a CSV file (two columns - question/answer), send it over and I can load it very quickly. I will build an online tool next for you all to build them yourselves.
  4. #4  
    Awesome, thanks.

    I would like to build some usmle cards for this. Any tips on format beyond just csv?

    Things I would really love in the future are multiple choice ability, ability to include explinations, robust tracking and taging with subjects for example an antibiotic question would tag with pharmacology and microbiology.

    I know that's a ton, but you asked. For now I will try and port some of my own cards to csv
  5. #5  
    I can't find this app anywhere, either FC or PW. Really would like to try it out. Looks cool for a study add.

    Thanks.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    I can't find this app anywhere, either FC or PW. Really would like to try it out. Looks cool for a study add.

    Thanks.
    Greg,

    The app was just submitted a few hours ago. I have to create a thread as part of the process. It should be available on FC in the morning.
  7. #7  
    cool! I am looking forward to trying it w/ a Humanities class i'm in.
  8. #8  
    very nice...just what i need..thank you.
  9. #9  
    Love the idea... the GUI looks good too

    However until you able to complete your first "todo" Its kinda pointless for me.

    Even a simply * Online Flash Card Set creator (for your desktop/laptop) would be very beneficial.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    Awesome, thanks.

    I would like to build some usmle cards for this. Any tips on format beyond just csv?

    Things I would really love in the future are multiple choice ability, ability to include explinations, robust tracking and taging with subjects for example an antibiotic question would tag with pharmacology and microbiology.

    I know that's a ton, but you asked. For now I will try and port some of my own cards to csv
    windzilla,

    You can do sets in CSV, two columns. One for Question, one for Answer. You can can add HTML to it as well, but keep it basic (bold, line breaks, colors, etc). Images can be inserted as well, but needs to be small.

    I love the ideas, and will add them to the list. But for now, more premade cards, and the online editor.
  11. #11  
    Love the app, can't wait for more cards to come. I know this may be beside the point of a flash card but can you make it where when it's contents, for example listing the questions, you can tap a certain question and get the answer. This would be really helpful if you're just looking for a certain answer, like who was the 14th President? and not having to go through all the cards looking. Thanks again for a great app.
  12. alansned's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #12  
    Love the start of this app. My 7 year old is learning her capitals right now, but she is learning like 5 a week. It would be nice to be able to disable or enable a subset of cards from total list without deleting them. That way each week we just enable 5 more that we are learning. This would make it the most useful for me. This would also help out on the multiplication card set. That way we could work on the one's she has the most trouble with. Great start. Can't wait for updates.
  13.    #13  
    John & Alan,

    I love both of these ideas. I'm putting both of these at the top of the feature list. Thank you!
  14. #14  
    Great app!! Keep up the Good work.
  15. dreznicek's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    windzilla,

    You can do sets in CSV, two columns. One for Question, one for Answer. You can can add HTML to it as well, but keep it basic (bold, line breaks, colors, etc). Images can be inserted as well, but needs to be small.

    I love the ideas, and will add them to the list. But for now, more premade cards, and the online editor.
    If I do a set in csv, how do I get it into the app? Do I have to copy it to a specific folder manually?

    Also, a feature request: Multiple choice. Like A, B, C, or D.

    Thank you, btw, for a wonderful app. A great way for me to sit with my kids!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dreznicek View Post
    If I do a set in csv, how do I get it into the app? Do I have to copy it to a specific folder manually?

    Also, a feature request: Multiple choice. Like A, B, C, or D.

    Thank you, btw, for a wonderful app. A great way for me to sit with my kids!
    This is not quite ready. I still need to do some work on this part. I knew user submissions would be big, but not this critical. I will crank it out as fast as possible. For now, you can PM me the file and I will get it added in (with credit to you) for all to download.
  17. #17  
    Ah... been waiting for this kind of app. I like to do alphabet/word flash cards with my kids. These don't have a "back answer" - either they know or they don't and I tell them. What would be nice to have in this app is two things:

    1) I don't expect you to create "back-less" cards, but a button that will skip to the next card without having to see the answer would do the same thing. A good feature anyway if you know the answer for a standard Q/A flashcard.

    2) It would also be good to have a "dismiss" or "learned" button (something like that), so that if I'm cycling through flashcards over and over, I dismiss the ones I know, and keep cycling through the ones I don't. You'd then need a "reset" button to them all again.

    Sorry, I'm not using Homebrew yet so forgive me if you already have this functionality. Look forward to this app in the catalog.

    Thanks
  18. dreznicek's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    Ah... been waiting for this kind of app. I like to do alphabet/word flash cards with my kids. These don't have a "back answer" - either they know or they don't and I tell them. What would be nice to have in this app is two things:

    1) I don't expect you to create "back-less" cards, but a button that will skip to the next card without having to see the answer would do the same thing. A good feature anyway if you know the answer for a standard Q/A flashcard.

    2) It would also be good to have a "dismiss" or "learned" button (something like that), so that if I'm cycling through flashcards over and over, I dismiss the ones I know, and keep cycling through the ones I don't. You'd then need a "reset" button to them all again.

    Sorry, I'm not using Homebrew yet so forgive me if you already have this functionality. Look forward to this app in the catalog.

    Thanks
    +1 for both of these.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    Ah... been waiting for this kind of app. I like to do alphabet/word flash cards with my kids. These don't have a "back answer" - either they know or they don't and I tell them. What would be nice to have in this app is two things:

    1) I don't expect you to create "back-less" cards, but a button that will skip to the next card without having to see the answer would do the same thing. A good feature anyway if you know the answer for a standard Q/A flashcard.

    2) It would also be good to have a "dismiss" or "learned" button (something like that), so that if I'm cycling through flashcards over and over, I dismiss the ones I know, and keep cycling through the ones I don't. You'd then need a "reset" button to them all again.

    Sorry, I'm not using Homebrew yet so forgive me if you already have this functionality. Look forward to this app in the catalog.

    Thanks
    Thank you for the suggestions. You can essentially do back-less cards already. Just do not put in the answer. But some logic to just not show a blank back (if it is blank) and notice would be a nice addition.

    There are 3 controls for viewing cards: Previous, Random, Next. Each are linked to keyboard shortcuts as well.

    The dimiss/learned is planned, and at the top of the list. I was thinking of just tracking progress (with right/wrong) options and filter out the 'right' ones a lot more than the 'wrong' ones. But I like the dismiss as well as it gives you control.
  20. #20  
    I'm willing to port my SuperMemo "Basic Strategy for Blackjack" set over, if nobody's volunteered to do one yet.

    Am I correct that you simply want two columns, like this?

    Code:
    Question                              Answer
    Your cards: A, 7; Dealer card: 5      Double-down
    Your cards: 8, 8; Dealer card: A      Always split 8s
    BTW, is there a way to format a line-break in there? SuperMemo, for example, used double-slash in the raw DB to trigger a line-break in the formatted cards.
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

Page 1 of 16 123456 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions