Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    How do you delete a set of flashcards?
  2.    #162  
    ElleSee24,

You swipe it to the right or left, just like you would delete an email or text message. It will then confirm the deletion before actually removing it.
    @spdkstr

How do you change the layout/formatting of text in a flashcard? I used your site to add a flashcatd set. Everything works great! But I am wondering how to change it from centered to a left paragraph? Also, how do you make the separate answers go to its own line insted of all run together? It makes it hard to pick out the answer when there is multiple.

Thanks
  4.    #164  
    @Wild,

Layout and formatting. By default, if you have no HTML, the text will center itself, auto grow, and will add line breaks in appropriately.

However, if you would like to format it based on your own specifications, you can use HTML to accomplish this.

<div style="text-align:left">YOUR CARD CONTENT HERE</div>
    - or -
    <p align="left">YOUR CARD CONTENT HERE</p>

For line breaks, you can use the HTML <br> (break). One to go to the next line, two to have a line in between.

If you do use the left align code, then you will have to use the line breaks. If you can deal with the left align until I do v2.0 (I can add a preference for this), then it will all be done automatically with no coding at all while still retaining the text auto growing capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    @Wild,

Layout and formatting. By default, if you have no HTML, the text will center itself, auto grow, and will add line breaks in appropriately.

However, if you would like to format it based on your own specifications, you can use HTML to accomplish this.

<div style="text-align:left">YOUR CARD CONTENT HERE</div>
    - or -
    <p align="left">YOUR CARD CONTENT HERE</p>

For line breaks, you can use the HTML <br> (break). One to go to the next line, two to have a line in between.

If you do use the left align code, then you will have to use the line breaks. If you can deal with the left align until I do v2.0 (I can add a preference for this), then it will all be done automatically with no coding at all while still retaining the text auto growing capabilities.
    Thanks, I should have known about html formatting since I have made a few websites before...duh.

So with v2.0, you are adding capabilities to set alignment (left, center, right), as well as line breaks? Will this be on the website in some form of WYSIWYG control as seen on this forums "reply to thread" with the controls above the text input area?

I can deal with the left align for now but not the line breaks. But if both are coming then I can wait and not have to edit those.

Thanks for the updates!
  6.    #166  
    Wild,

I will add all of these in v2.0. The line breaks should be working, but my test shows it is not for now. Will get this fixed right away.

I am debating the WYSIWYG editor in the online tools. The + side is for you to easily create HTML based content. The - side is that by having HTML, some of the auto functions (such as resizing) will not happen. There are two reasons why I am not doing this with HTML based content. 1.) The resizing is based on character count to ensure proper fitting. 2.) HTML can override this further, and my resizing would not work in many cases.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    @Change,

Can you run a test for me? Try adding a new card, and using the enter key after entering question, and then answer. Keep it up a few times and then count how many times it adds it. I think this is where it is happening -- in the enter key listener.

Thank you for the comments and report -- much appreciated!
    Sorry this took so long spdsktr, but I've been studying for exams.

I was able to replicate the problem as you asked, and I probably should've taken screen caps but, anyway... If I hit the return arrow 5 times, it made 5 sets of card under the same name, with no cards in the set. Once for each time I hit the key. Didn't matter how many times I did it, but it would create a card set for each time.
  8.    #168  
    @Change,

Have you been using FlashCards for your exams? *grin*

Thank you. I was able to find the problem and have corrected it. Will be fixed in the version that hits the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    So I had to switch out my phone yesterday, and uploaded my Flash Car sets to my acount from the phone, and today I upgraded to the 1.0.1 Lite version. Now I can't download the flash card sets I created to study for my exams, unless I pay for the full version.

Kind of a slap in the face.
  10.    #170  
    @Change,

With the Lite version, you can download them! I would NEVER take away something like that. The only difference is that the lite version only let's you have one set at a time.

It's always been noted that the app would be free until the app catalog. I decided to make the Lite version available, since I am as much of a philantropist as I am a business man. I really do want to help people, and that is why the Lite version was created. But I do have to feed my children, so I had to leave the unlimited sets in the paid version. You get the EXACT same functionality in both, only limited the # of sets installed at a time.

I feel it is a fair trade for a free version. Is this not fair?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    @Change,

With the Lite version, you can download them! I would NEVER take away something like that. The only difference is that the lite version only let's you have one set at a time.

It's always been noted that the app would be free until the app catalog. I decided to make the Lite version available, since I am as much of a philantropist as I am a business man. I really do want to help people, and that is why the Lite version was created. But I do have to feed my children, so I had to leave the unlimited sets in the paid version. You get the EXACT same functionality in both, only limited the # of sets installed at a time.

I feel it is a fair trade for a free version. Is this not fair?
    I'm a business man too, and I respect and understand your position. I'd gladly pay for the full version if I could, but I'm taking these exams for licensing to gain employment. As it stands, I just don't have discretionary income to pay for it. So until I can afford to do so, I'll have to delete and install the card sets I created as needed.

I just felt kind of duped. yesterday I had a full working version. I update today, and now I'm limited.
  12.    #172  
    @Change,

I apologize if you feel duped. It was never my intention. How many sets would you think fair in the Lite version?

That's a good question overall, how many sets do all of you have installed as it is?
    I've been using the Homebrew version for some weeks now and my opinion its not very useful for learning vocabulary without having lessons and the Leiter boxes. I definitely would not pay for FlashCards with only the "practise" mode!

So I would prefer that you left the "lite"-version as it is, without limiting the number of sets and make lesson plans and Leiter boxes pay features.

P.S. is there a plan B for buying the full version? Unfortunately GSM users cannot fully use the App Catalog yet. We can download the free apps only :-(
  14.    #174  
    @Markus

If you were though, you would get all these features as part of the free upgrade to v2.0. I am re-evaluating the Lite version, but I doubt I will let it have unlimited sets. The reason being is the server costs. I have to maintain all of the only tools and downloadable sets.

Plan B to you GSM users will actually be PreCentral. I will be doing beta releases here. It's proven itself a brilliant testing ground and idea generator. Since the paid app cannot go to you non-US people at the moment, that's about my only option. I can talk to Palm about doing a non-US lite version with less restrictions, but that will muddy the waters a bit.

Thank you for your feedback -- shows me just how much v2.0 is critical. I'm working on it now...
    spdsktr,

I've been trying to upload new flashcards (tried a set of 150, then a set of 50) and it never completes? It never indicates that it's past the first card. When I cancel the upload and go check the cards, it's only uploaded 8 cards. Note that I have not upgraded to the paid version yet. Is that why? If so, let me know and I will upgrade. I doubt that it is since I'm uploading from a computer. I just want to make sure I can upload new sets before I buy.

Thanks.
  16.    #176  
    @RCJH,

Can you email me or PM me your CSV file? The import has worked great and will import 4000+ cards at a time. I've been able to use it for that many myself. I have a feeling it is something in the file that is causing some kind of issue. Also, are you using IE or another browser? It has been reported once (and confirmed) that an import in IE will cause a very odd error, when doing in it Firefox and Chrome will not. Still have not fully identified that issue, but as soon as I can it will be fixed.

The online tools makes no distinction between a paid or lite version. As will always be the case, Lite users will get FULL functionality, but limited # of sets at a time. I want to give students a product they can use for free, but do need to limit it.
    Yes, I am using Internet Explorer (v8). I will send you the file. My last attempt uploaded 23/50 cards in a couple of hours.

Thanks.
  18.    #178  
    @RCJH,

I emailed you directly, but this is fixed. It WAS an IE8 only issue, and the same one I mentioned before. The only difference now, is I was able to 100% identify the Javascript issue and correct it. You should have no problems with your import now. Let me know if you have ANY issues at all.
    A couple of minor suggestion:

1) Would be nice to show somewhere the number of Learned cards.

2) For the "Marked as Learned" feature, I noticed that when selecting this from the top-right menu, the card immediately goes away and jumps to the next card (good). But when using the "L" hot key, it pops up a message that must be dismissed every time. It would be nice if the hot key functioned the same as the menu.

3) Can't recall if you said it would be added or not, but I'd still like to see card numbering somewhere on the active card if possible. May in the top-right of the card, opposite of "Question:/Answer:".

4) Would be nice to have the option of turning off the lines on the Question face of the card.

Thanks.
  20.    #180  
    @RCJH,

1.) This will be done in the next version. Lot's of other info as well as this whole area will be revamped.
    2.) Hmm, I will look into this.
    3.) Also planned, just not sure where to fit it. Want to keep the practice area uncluttered.
    4.) I think this can be managed.

Thank you for the suggestions.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast