Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    joe,

I think I get it now. You want an actual HTML style editor IN the Online Tools when creating/editing flash cards? That way you do not have to copy and paste from Frontpage. Does that sound more in line with what you are thinking?

I can do it. I have some great editor's readily available, but I will have to find a much more simplistic one. Will not have all possible HTML features, but would still have a good number of them. Good idea.
    thanks. one last question and i hope im not requesting too many things. what you can also try to do is in the online tools. in the questions and answer boxes. have a translucent outline of the pre's viewing window so online flash card creators can format their flash card set to the pres screen without having to guess where the natural border would be.

e.g.
    notice how i changed format to fit reasonably within the edges

answer box
    before: |answer to the first|questions
    _after: |answer to 1st q's |

reason to do it: like my last suggestion, makes online tools more user friendly.

reasons not to (and i know this list is longer lol)
    i have noticed the flash cards program does format to fit borders very nicely.
    i guess i can always feel for the limit the more i use the online tools .
    seems complicated to implement
  2.    #142  
    joe,

actually, this would not be too hard to do and I really like the suggestion. Would be one of those cool factor things. The only downside is that it's not just the pre. FlashCards was built for webOS. That means it will work on the pixi as well when it launches. Will also work on other webOS devices if and when Palm releases them.

I guess I can do it as a preview type option in a modalbox. Will look into doing this, but will take second priority to v 2.0... Keep em comin, I love the ideas.
    When I finally got my information into Excel, it didn't import properly into the online tool section, for instance, 490 was supposed to be 49degrees. Small problem, go to the card and edit it.

I think a simple set of instructions would be nice. How to upload a file and install it on the pre. But you have addressed those issues on the forum. After I installed my cards onto your web site, I didn't realize that I needed to log in on my pre, I was trying to "synch" it like I would have done with my old palm. "old school" style.

Now I am having fun with this and have a 300 question mulitiple choice test to input!

Thanks again, don't know if this info helps or not.

JOHN
  4.    #144  
    John,

I put up some walk throughs on thw How To section of the online tools. Even have a few videos. I plan on doing a lot more of them and refining it, but I think first priority is making the fact that they are there more obvious. A video demoing the app, as well as a video on how to get an online set on the phone will have to be next.

check out the auto multiple choice generator feature... That one REALLY saves some time! A video for that? Ohh yes...

thank you
  5.    #145  
    Made some tweaks to show things a bit better.

Also did a new video: FlashCards: How To
    @ spdsktr:

Is there a problem with "Upload This Set" from the phone to the website? I have tried but it gives me an error, please try again.

Also, do you plan on adding the ability to export the flash card sets from your website to computer in *.csv format? I have added some cards on there and uploaded to my phone. Made some changes to a few of those cards on my phone and it wont upload. I even deleted the set from the website and it still wont upload. Also thought it would be cool to export these to my computer

Thanks

EDIT: Actually, it somehow uploads 8 out of the 26 cards from the phone. It shows this on the website now under my login card set. I did have the 26 on the site, but made some changes to the one on my phone. It wouldn't upload so I deleted the one on the website and now it is only able to upload 8 cards. This is via Wifi and EV data.
    Last edited by WildSioux; 10/15/2009 at 10:57 AM.
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    @ spdsktr:

Is there a problem with "Upload This Set" from the phone to the website? I have tried but it gives me an error, please try again.

Also, do you plan on adding the ability to export the flash card sets from your website to computer in *.csv format? I have added some cards on there and uploaded to my phone. Made some changes to a few of those cards on my phone and it wont upload. I even deleted the set from the website and it still wont upload. Also thought it would be cool to export these to my computer

Thanks
    Wild,

There is no issue with the upload that I know of. Is this a set you created on your phone, or a public set that you installed? I can see some uploads are happening, so I know it is working. Would like to narrow this down a bit. If it's a set online, let me know the name so I can look into it.

Yes, I do plan on doing a CSV file export from the Online Tools. Just have not done it yet as I focused on some help stuff and other tools. It should not take long, so I will get it done today.
  8.    #148  
    Wild,

Try it now. I added some code that will save the data you are uploading for me to review. Should be able to isolate why it is only getting through 8 records. Chances are, the problem is in #9... Logic 101 *grin*
    spdsktr

Not sure if you saw my edit. But it is uploading 8 out of 26 total cards. This is a set that I made in the online tools then used the flashcard app to download them to my phone. This is when I made a few changes and tried uploading them to update the online set and got the error.

I will pm you the name of the set since I want to keep these private.
    Wild,

Try it now. I added some code that will save the data you are uploading for me to review. Should be able to isolate why it is only getting through 8 records. Chances are, the problem is in #9... Logic 101 *grin*
    No, still getting the error and 8 cards.
  11.    #151  
    Wild,

We were posting at the same time, but all of this is now fixed. Try it now. The previous 'try again' was me just implementing some code to save your upload data for me to review. Now I have identified the issue (a % symbol) and corrected it.
    Wild,

We were posting at the same time, but all of this is now fixed. Try it now. The previous 'try again' was me just implementing some code to save your upload data for me to review. Now I have identified the issue (a % symbol) and corrected it.
    That fixed it, I was able to upload the full set now! Thank you for fixing this and I am looking forward to the "Export" to computer as *.csv.
    Loving this app. Starting to make some vocabulary/reading cards for my kid and would like to add sound. I see how .mp3 files can be used. Anybody know of any non-propreitary web sites where I can link to spoken words? Something like a dictionary site? Problem is, most of those use flash, so you can't link to them.

Keep up the good work!
    Oh, yeah. Had a suggestion to add card numbering to the bottom of the card. For example, if you had a 20-card set, you would see: "1/10, 2/10, 3/10, etc..."
  15.    #155  
    @Wild,

The export feature is now live. You can export to your hearts content now!

@RCJH,

Thank you.

I do not know of any resource sites out there for audio. If I run across any, I'll post here and in the How To section. If you find any, please let me know.

Ultimately, the audio is a pain in the ****. I've been recording my own with a neat little app named "Turbo MP3 Recorder". It will save each recording individually so I do not have to crop/edit audio files out of a larger recording. It's not free, but it works nicely.

I will probably start work on a desktop app here very soon to make this a piece of cake. Will connect to the online tools and let you record audio very quickly and easily. That will be a few weeks out however, but on my own personal agenda.

I like the Y/X option. Just not sure where to plug it in on such a small screen. Might be able to use the header area a bit, but I will do this if I can keep it from getting busy.
  16.    #156  
    @joejoe1,

Take a look below the question/answer boxes when editing a card. Needs more tweaks, and it is not perfect (most systems do not have the Prelude font installed, so by nature will not be exact), but it is close enough. You can preview what your question/answer would look like on the Palm Pre. Pixi preview to come later...
    @ spdsktr

I will have to look at the export feature more. I looked at it briefly on my set. Downloaded and opened it. The formatting was weird. But I didn't have time to look at it. I trust that it was correct. I will have to try creating a new set with a test name and upload the downloaded csv from the original.

This is more of a way to back these up to my computer.

Thanks.
    How do you put the third card into a .csv file? From the example file, I see the Q and A and hint, etc., but no column for the third card.
  19.    #159  
    Good call. I guess I never did do this in the import *sheepish look*

I'll get it corrected right now. Basically, it will go as the last column in the CSV file. My apologies.

EDIT: This has been corrected... You can import third cards now.
    Last edited by spdsktr; 10/16/2009 at 11:52 AM.
    Fantastic, thanks!!
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast