Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 302
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaglione View Post
    Sight words, around kindergarten and 1st grade the kids get flash cards for learning to read. Having the pre do this will keep them more entertained. I will type up the list if you like (160+ words).

    Also, wouldn't it be great if a new set was kept of the cards which you got wrong?

    PS. I don't know if there is a bug right now but I can not add a flash card set
    Larry,

    Yes, there is a bug in the create set code. I tried to clean that up just before I published, but alas did not properly test it. I just did another update that has this fixed.

    I love the sight words. I was working on a much smaller version of this, but if you can come up with the list... I will get it running for sure. Thank you for the suggestion and offer to help.

    Right/Wrong tracking has JUST been implemented. Next I will use that for more features such as the one you described. But you can already mark cards as LEARNED now, which prevents them from showing in the practice window.
  2.    #82  
    Here are a few updated screenshots related to the new features.

    The right/wrong options, the multiple choice, the hint, and the Online Downloads.

    BTW, Re-Download the US State Capitals set. Then load up Alabama and let it wait for 10 seconds without clicking anything. The hint graphic has a 10 second time delay to show if you do view the answer nor move to another card.

    And furthermore, how does everyone like the images/animation for the right wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3. alansned's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #83  
    I love this app and you added the "Learned It flag" which is the main thing I was needing. One more request. Can you make this Learned It flag evident in the card list. If you have a list of the 50 state capitals then it would be nice to easily see what ones are flagged. Maybe a simple change in color to the edit icon, like making it green when the learned it flag is on.
    Again, great app and I think my wife and children will use it a lot.
  4. dmklein's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #84  
    To cool, I already made a set of Multiplication Table cards on your web page, clearly I need to brush up on my HTML, but your program is cool. I have an 8 year old I'm tring to teach his times tables to.
    Can't wait to see your planned improvements!
  5. #85  
    Love the app.....I uploaded a list of World Capitals and was successful at getting it down to my Pre, but how do I make the text bigger both on the list of countries/capitals and on the actual cards themselves? I suspect I need to use HTML, but what tags?

    Skip
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by alansned View Post
    I love this app and you added the "Learned It flag" which is the main thing I was needing. One more request. Can you make this Learned It flag evident in the card list. If you have a list of the 50 state capitals then it would be nice to easily see what ones are flagged. Maybe a simple change in color to the edit icon, like making it green when the learned it flag is on.
    Again, great app and I think my wife and children will use it a lot.
    Alan, thank you. The easy indicator for learned cards is on my todo list, just not sure what the best method is for alerting you to this. I do like your idea, I think I might just use it, thank you! See, the best ideas come from you guys... I never would have thought of that.
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by skipwilliams View Post
    Love the app.....I uploaded a list of World Capitals and was successful at getting it down to my Pre, but how do I make the text bigger both on the list of countries/capitals and on the actual cards themselves? I suspect I need to use HTML, but what tags?

    Skip
    Skip,

    I saw the world capitals, very cool. Did you make it public for all?

    As for HTML, you can use basic stuff. Nothing fancy. I use span tags with font-size for most of mine:

    <span style='font-size:larger'>Somewhat larger font text</span>
    <span style='font-size:large'>Even larger text here</span>
    <span style='font-size:x-large'>Fairly large text here</span>
    <span style='font-size:xx-large'>Extra large text here</span>

    This way it will pick up on the settings of the phone and just increase the size accordingly. I do plan on building some intelligence into it that will auto increase the font size based on the ifnormation being shown.
  8. #88  
    thank you so much! this helped a lot!
  9. #89  
    I'd like to start by saying Great app. However, I'm in the same boat as skipwilliams but I am unfamiliar with the process of "As for HTML, you can use basic stuff. Nothing fancy. I use span tags with font-size for most of mine:

    <span style='font-size:larger'>Somewhat larger font text</span>
    <span style='font-size:large'>Even larger text here</span>
    <span style='font-size:x-large'>Fairly large text here</span>
    <span style='font-size:xx-large'>Extra large text here</span>

    could you give some detailed information or steps as to what exactly you are talking about here for those of us that are still learing how software and operating systems work? A video would be great but a step by step explaination would be good aswell.
    Thanks, andy
  10. mknapp's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #90  
    Great app! Just started using but have found several uses already.

    I'm using version 0.2.5 and have found a small bug. When practicing, if you tap on the title at the top (e.g. "U.S. State Capitals" at top), an error comes up saying:
    Error: Received command that I did not understand: goToToday

    Thanks for your work.
    - Mark
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by anda1983 View Post
    I'd like to start by saying Great app. However, I'm in the same boat as skipwilliams but I am unfamiliar with the process of "As for HTML, you can use basic stuff. Nothing fancy. I use span tags with font-size for most of mine:

    <span style='font-size:larger'>Somewhat larger font text</span>
    <span style='font-size:large'>Even larger text here</span>
    <span style='font-size:x-large'>Fairly large text here</span>
    <span style='font-size:xx-large'>Extra large text here</span>

    could you give some detailed information or steps as to what exactly you are talking about here for those of us that are still learing how software and operating systems work? A video would be great but a step by step explaination would be good aswell.
    Thanks, andy
    Andy,

    Give me another day please. I will do some FAQ's and Videos for you in the online tools. But I cannot teach you HTML directly, you will have to learn some of this on your own.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by mknapp View Post
    Great app! Just started using but have found several uses already.

    I'm using version 0.2.5 and have found a small bug. When practicing, if you tap on the title at the top (e.g. "U.S. State Capitals" at top), an error comes up saying:
    Error: Received command that I did not understand: goToToday

    Thanks for your work.
    - Mark
    Mark,

    Thank you, fixed in the 0.3.0 release.
  13.    #93  
    UPDATE:

    v0.3.0 has been released! This one sports audio, orientation changes, and man many enhancements. It took some time as all the new controls slowed down the practice area a lot. So I cleaned it up, delayed some animations, etc etc.

    To test the audio, download the "Kids Alphabet" again from the Online Downloads. Audio plays immediately, and you can play again with the added control.

    New settings and options: Index Card Colors (more than justw hite my friends!), set the hint delay, turn right.wrong onn/off, and turn on/off multiple choice.

    This is getting closer and closer to completion. I hope to finish the app in the next day or so, then submit to app catalog.

    If you have any requests, please let me know. After I submitt, I will focus on some more pre-made sets, and the Online Tools. I want to do plenty of how-to articles, videos, etc.

    I also took my friends advice and finally scoped out iphone, blackberry, and palm os apps that are similar. Got some ideas for future versions, but wanted to develop this app from yours and mine ideas only (grammer?).

    Thank you to each and everyone of you for helping make this app what it is today.
  14. #94  
    Maybe this may sound like a stupid question but where do I find already created sets of cards to download? I've went to the dev website and there is nothing there that would allow me to do that, only upload sets that I've created. I don't know how to create but my 7yr old would really benefit from this app.

    Thanks
  15. #95  
    Love what you've done with the app. Just some ideas.
    1) The ability to put my cards that I download into my phone into folders so that way it is a bit more organized.

    2) Random Studying (in a particular "folder", set, or all cards). Flashcardexchange.com uses this where you can just randomly study 25 50 etc

    3) I like the idea someone mention about making the ones you choose as wrong go into a separate set/pile so they can be further studied.

    4) I like the learned feature, but I way to easily reset it for the whole group would be nice.

    5) Random button studies ones I've already seen. I like using random so I don't memorize an order. Maybe the stats could come up when there are no more cards to view in the set when you hit the right arrow or random.

    The only real bug I found is that when I change my card group order around it doesn't stay that way. It just goes right back to before I moved them all around.

    Thanks
    Speedygodzilla
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by mainevent3405 View Post
    Maybe this may sound like a stupid question but where do I find already created sets of cards to download? I've went to the dev website and there is nothing there that would allow me to do that, only upload sets that I've created. I don't know how to create but my 7yr old would really benefit from this app.

    Thanks
    Main,

    When you load the program, it is the "down arrow" icon in the bottom right. You can also access it from the application menu: Download Flash Cards.
  17. joejoe1's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #97  
    not sure if this is brought up already:

    when i use th eonline tools. and i want to list things in online tools such as:

    one
    two
    three
    four
    it shows up in flash cards as
    one two three four

    is there anyway where i can get it to show as list formats because then i will use this program better.
  18. #98  
    Yes, the World Capitals is listed as Public, so anyone should be able to see it. I'll add the HTML tonight if I get a chance.

    Thanks for the hint. I'm not completely fluent in HTML, but before I tried all the normal font tags, I thought it'd be best to ask.

    Keep up the good work, I'd love to pay for this one.

    Skip

    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Skip,

    I saw the world capitals, very cool. Did you make it public for all?

    This way it will pick up on the settings of the phone and just increase the size accordingly. I do plan on building some intelligence into it that will auto increase the font size based on the ifnormation being shown.
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe1 View Post
    not sure if this is brought up already:

    when i use th eonline tools. and i want to list things in online tools such as:

    one
    two
    three
    four
    it shows up in flash cards as
    one two three four

    is there anyway where i can get it to show as list formats because then i will use this program better.
    Joe,

    I do not follow.
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedygodzilla View Post
    Love what you've done with the app. Just some ideas.
    1) The ability to put my cards that I download into my phone into folders so that way it is a bit more organized.

    2) Random Studying (in a particular "folder", set, or all cards). Flashcardexchange.com uses this where you can just randomly study 25 50 etc

    3) I like the idea someone mention about making the ones you choose as wrong go into a separate set/pile so they can be further studied.

    4) I like the learned feature, but I way to easily reset it for the whole group would be nice.

    5) Random button studies ones I've already seen. I like using random so I don't memorize an order. Maybe the stats could come up when there are no more cards to view in the set when you hit the right arrow or random.

    The only real bug I found is that when I change my card group order around it doesn't stay that way. It just goes right back to before I moved them all around.

    Thanks
    Speedygodzilla
    Speedy,

    Love the ideas. I do want to implement these, but may do so slightly different from the way you described. I was reading up on the Leitner method of study for Flashcards and would like to implement that into the system. This will obviously use the right/wrong options. But the way it works is you setup levels (or boxes). Say 3 boxes - well known, medium, unknown. Then each right wrong promotes or demotes it into a box. You then set aside time each week to study each box.

    I know you are in medical, so please ask around. See if this would work perfectly for your study group and I will focus on that. I'll get the others in as soon as I can. Many thanks!
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions