Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdaviso View Post
    Got them thanks.... You don't by chance have flash cards for a review of Florida State Paramedic Test do you??
    No, do not have some handy I am afraid. You can search some of the flash card sites out there to find some:

Flash cards, vocabulary memorization, and studying games | Quizlet
    Flashcards: The world's largest library of printable flash cards
    Free Flashcards Maker: Create Free Online Flash Cards

Most have export features which you can then use the data file to import into the Online Tools, which will allow you to download to your phone.
    Thanks SPDKSTR, great help I appreciate it...
    Quote Originally Posted by mdaviso View Post
    Got them thanks.... You don't by chance have flash cards for a review of Florida State Paramedic Test do you??
    I don't have any specifically for Florida as I live in a National Registry State. Here is a link to all of my cards User: speedygodzilla

I plan on exporting the majority of the paramedic ones soon, a bit at a time. It doesn't take long, just got to make the time.

Also keep in mind that we probably use different books. It still good study but sometimes books differ. I use the Nancy Caroline's Emergency Care in the Streets 6th Edi.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    This is GREAT. It saves so much time and adds a ton of convenience to studying.
  5.    #65  
    Ask for it and ye shall get it. Version 0.2.0 is now ready.

New in this version:
    * Hints
    * Reverse Mode
    * Better Online Tools Integration
    * UI Tweaks (I like it better, but needs more color)
    * Editing of all data in a Card
    * Many more little things

More to come...
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Ask for it and ye shall get it. Version 0.2.0 is now ready.

New in this version:
    * Hints
    * Reverse Mode
    * Better Online Tools Integration
    * UI Tweaks (I like it better, but needs more color)
    * Editing of all data in a Card
    * Many more little things

More to come...
    I don't see it in filecoaster yet, am I supposed to?
  7.    #67  
    It goes through a Moderator approval. It should be there soon, but check Preware if you have it. I think that one is more real time.
    I got the new version, thanks. Quick question, if I edit one of my submitted cards does it edit it on my phone only or for the database too? Not a big deal I just want to fix errors (usually typos) not only for myself but for others that may use my cards. The same question for cards not made by me?

I like the new up dates as these were probably the most important basic features and will help my studies a lot.

Just wondering, I know on your to do list it mentions -Use the Accelerometer to add additional controls (flip right for next card, flip left for previous card, etc).
    Have you thought of possibly using the accelerometer to allow the cards to be long ways, thus making it even more like an actual flashcard. Not an important feature but it would be a kewl touch.

I also noticed on the to do list -Allow upload of Flash Cards from Phone to Online Tools.
    So if I make cards on my phone like I plan to do this weekend while stuck in an ambulance with no real room for a laptop, I won't be able to share these cards with others yet?

So much for the quick question lol!
    Thanks Again
    By Far My Favorite App
    GREAT app. love it. Great work. Would love a search feature, however. With this like US Capitals or, even worse, 501 spanish verbs, If you want to know the answer to a specific one (capitol of Kentucky, definition of salir, etc.) its a pain to scroll through them all. Like ho filecoaster does it. A mere type and eliminate thing. But really, great work on this, its amazing.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedygodzilla View Post
    I got the new version, thanks. Quick question, if I edit one of my submitted cards does it edit it on my phone only or for the database too? Not a big deal I just want to fix errors (usually typos) not only for myself but for others that may use my cards. The same question for cards not made by me?

I like the new up dates as these were probably the most important basic features and will help my studies a lot.

Just wondering, I know on your to do list it mentions -Use the Accelerometer to add additional controls (flip right for next card, flip left for previous card, etc).
    Have you thought of possibly using the accelerometer to allow the cards to be long ways, thus making it even more like an actual flashcard. Not an important feature but it would be a kewl touch.

I also noticed on the to do list -Allow upload of Flash Cards from Phone to Online Tools.
    So if I make cards on my phone like I plan to do this weekend while stuck in an ambulance with no real room for a laptop, I won't be able to share these cards with others yet?

So much for the quick question lol!
    Thanks Again
    By Far My Favorite App
    Speedy,

I love the username btw! The plan is to allow uploads from Phone to the Online Tools, but alas this is not done yet. I wish I could do uploads to public datasets (for your corrections), but this will not be allowed. I will build in options to alert us to changes. But you can take a set, upload it to your own account, and then make changes.

I will be doing orientation changes (turn phone on it's side). I have to test that on my phone itself as the emulator does not have this capability. Will get to it ASAP.

If you make cards this weekend, you should be able to upload and share them next week sometime. This app is a bit intensive as it involves 3 distinct pieces: App development, Online Tools Development, and Creation of pre-made Sets for you guys. Trying to balance them all.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mononoko View Post
    GREAT app. love it. Great work. Would love a search feature, however. With this like US Capitals or, even worse, 501 spanish verbs, If you want to know the answer to a specific one (capitol of Kentucky, definition of salir, etc.) its a pain to scroll through them all. Like ho filecoaster does it. A mere type and eliminate thing. But really, great work on this, its amazing.
    Mono,

Thank you for the suggestion. Definately an important feature and will add to my todo list. Next up: Multi Choice, Right/Wrong, and Accelerometer features.

Ohh, and I REALLY do need to work on the Online Sets search feature as well. I cringe everytime I see it.

** How does everyone like the UI tweaks?
    maybe i dont know how to do it but i go to add new flash card set on the pre and i enter the name and hit save and it jst sits there. nothing happens. and then on the online tools i have my new set but i cant add cards. i hit submit and nothing happens. help please!
  13.    #73  
    The first is actually a bug. I cleaned up some code on this right before I published, and doh! never tested it. It will be fixed with tomorrow's build along with the 'Keyboard Shortcuts' option being disabled in the practice area.

The online one should be working. Can you email/PM me your email so I can see what might be going on? Also, I will need ot know excatly what you are inputting so I can try to duplicate it.

Update: I just finished the Multi-Choice feature... Will publish before I go to bed if I can finish the Right/Wrong options and the Accelometer.
    sent email and what i was trying to do. thanks again
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I'd suggest adding a converter that allows converting from pptx or ppt (powerpoint) format. In college we made a lot of flash cards that way but it wasn't quite like the paper version b/c you couldn't shuffle them. If you do build a converter, maybe make the odd slides the front sides and the even slides the back sides. That would have been sooooo useful. Thanks.
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by edress714 View Post
    sent email and what i was trying to do. thanks again
    Fixed.
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkwd40 View Post
    I'd suggest adding a converter that allows converting from pptx or ppt (powerpoint) format. In college we made a lot of flash cards that way but it wasn't quite like the paper version b/c you couldn't shuffle them. If you do build a converter, maybe make the odd slides the front sides and the even slides the back sides. That would have been sooooo useful. Thanks.
    Hmmm, not much of a powerpoint person, but this might be possible.
    Going to vegas soon, would love to get this
    Larry
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Landon,

Thank you. I want to many more sets for Children and already have several lined up. Does anyone have suggestions for children's sets? I currently have on my list:

* Shapes & Colors (more shapes needed)
    * Basic Objects
    * Numbers
    * Animals
    * Math Tables (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
    Sight words, around kindergarten and 1st grade the kids get flash cards for learning to read. Having the pre do this will keep them more entertained. I will type up the list if you like (160+ words).

Also, wouldn't it be great if a new set was kept of the cards which you got wrong?

PS. I don't know if there is a bug right now but I can not add a flash card set
    Larry
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaglione View Post
    Going to vegas soon, would love to get this
    It's already up under the Fun & INteresting category of the Editors Picks. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. Don;t want you loosing all your money and then blaming us. But if you win, you can share it with us! *grin*
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast