webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > Flash Cards
Flash Cards
Like Tree1Likes

Old 02/02/2011, 10:13 AM   #281 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncot View Post
Any updates on 3.0?
It's taking a while, so i am rolling some of them up into the 2.0 release. About to dedicate myself to v3.0 very soon until it's knocked out. Got distracted with some other apps...

Author of:
WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
spdsktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2011, 10:15 AM   #282 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorowan View Post
Hello James,
I have some problems withe random mode. My default settings are:

Random Card: "True Random"
After R/W: "Show Random Card"

When I train a small lesson of right/wrong cards from a bigger set the training always starts with the first card of the lesson and after pushing the right or wrong button progresses to the next higher card. There is no random behavior at all until the last card of the lesson is reached. When I select right/wrong for the last card then the next card is selected randomly. From this point on progress is always to the card with the next higher number until the last card is reached. I tried this several times so I can be quite sure that this was not just a strange row of random selections.

Maybe I got something wrong with the usage of flashcards? Any idea?
Greetings
Carsten
This is my fault. Look for it to be corrected in the next update.

The problem arises from the new animation in effect. Long story short, I'm actually using the swiping stuff to animate it. Since it is using this, it is conflicting with the pref and using the action set by the swiping. For now, change the <-- Swiping Action to show a random card (default is next).

Author of:
WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Old 02/09/2011, 08:54 AM   #283 (permalink)

I just installed the 2.5 update and am loving the Flash Me! Thanks for the update!
Old 02/09/2011, 09:18 AM   #284 (permalink)

Quote:
I just installed the 2.5 update and am loving the Flash Me! Thanks for the update!
What? It's out already? Ohh snap. You guys knew before I even did!

Author of:

Old 02/09/2011, 08:04 PM   #285 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
What? It's out already? Ohh snap. You guys knew before I even did!
My Flash Me stopped working. I had it set to go until 8pm, and it stopped at 4. Going to see how it goes tomorrow. I do love it, the random verses, vibrating, it's great!
Old 02/10/2011, 11:33 AM   #286 (permalink)

Quote:
My Flash Me stopped working. I had it set to go until 8pm, and it stopped at 4. Going to see how it goes tomorrow. I do love it, the random verses, vibrating, it's great!
Hmmm. had a talk with another dev about this and he explained a few things to me about the recurring alarms. Seems I have more work to do to work around these issues. Gimme a lil bit? Did it start again this morning?

Author of:

Old 02/11/2011, 05:25 AM   #287 (permalink)

I had to turn Flash Me off & then back on yesterday, but then it worked fine all day. Today at 6am, it popped right up. This is working much better for me than simply leaving Flash Cards open all day and studying when I remember.
Old 02/26/2011, 08:13 AM   #288 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom12Ga View Post
It supports html codes for modifying the text. What I was hoping for is a way to directly access the audio/image files on my Pre as opposed to pulling them down.

Another post is dealing with the inability to access local files using the file:// protocol.

So far the only workaround seems to involve turning your Pre into its own standalone webserver (light).
I use lightttp for that and it works great. Just install it via preware, it creates a www folder in /media/internal and you are ready to go.

I use flash cards to learn Hungarian right know, and I use a a book that comes with audio cds. I basically repackage the whole contents into flash cards and use the new flash me feature to study bit by bit. It works great for me. Making the cards in the first place is a lot of work of course, but it helps you getting started with studying.

I decided to put the audio and image files on the pre and run lighttp because I do not want to get into any shenanigans because of copyright infringement and i want to study in areas with bad network coverage.

Most important, lighttp seems to put no strain on battery or performance!

tl,dr: flash-cards and lighttp = great combination
frabuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2011, 11:02 AM   #289 (permalink)

Well that is certainly one way to do it

I'm afraid that for most people, this will be beyond them. I am working on ways to store the data locally and then be able to delete the files once they remove the set. Will be a little bit though before that is ready.

Author of:

Old 02/26/2011, 11:02 AM   #290 (permalink)

Well that is certainly one way to do it

I'm afraid that for most people, this will be beyond them. I am working on ways to store the data locally and then be able to delete the files once they remove the set. Will be a little bit though before that is ready.

Author of:

Old 03/22/2011, 07:47 AM   #291 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldorawi View Post
Problem with Upload to Online Tools
I am using your FlashCards on my Palm for learning Asian languages/characters.

Importing from Online Tools works perfect, with the Misc Setting Encoding to Yes.

However, when I export my set from my palm back to Online Tools, I loose the "format", all characters are replaced with "?".

Is there a Misc Setting "Endoding Yes/No" in my Palm FlashCards Settings, or in the Settings of the Set?

I did not find anything. Nor a hint about that in your SW/Homepage help.
Is there any progress concerning this problem?
Dorowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/2011, 11:46 PM   #292 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorowan View Post
Is there any progress concerning this problem?
There is progress, but not as much as I would like. The 2.5 versions handle this MUCH better, but not the 100% out-of-the-box solution I had hoped it would be. I'm still working around the remaining issues and the TouchPad port is hindering progress on that front.

Author of:

Old 05/26/2011, 04:20 AM   #293 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldorawi View Post
Problem with Upload to Online Tools
I am using your FlashCards on my Palm for learning Asian languages/characters.

Importing from Online Tools works perfect, with the Misc Setting Encoding to Yes.

However, when I export my set from my palm back to Online Tools, I loose the "format", all characters are replaced with "?".

Is there a Misc Setting "Endoding Yes/No" in my Palm FlashCards Settings, or in the Settings of the Set?

I did not find anything. Nor a hint about that in your SW/Homepage help.
Is there now any progress concerning this problem?

This is a really, really big problem for me. Because of the encoding problem I can not build up my vocabulary or correct errors "on the go". Everything would be lost when I sync it to the server and back again.
Dorowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/22/2011, 09:04 AM   #294 (permalink)

Hi, I'm checking out Flashcards Lite before purchasing the full edition. I've tried out several chinese language card sets and the pinyin (roman letter representation of chinese words) is not displaying correctly for all of sets. Letters which have a falling or rising tone (like french accent aigu or grave) appear as rectangles. Curiously the falling-rising tone appears correctly.

Anyone else run into this issue?

I have palm pre running 1.4.5.1

Cheers!
jclin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by kaifu likes this.
Old 09/23/2011, 03:42 PM   #295 (permalink)
Banned

Yes I too am waiting for a csv/local import of cards and lessons as the online tools are a bit bulky to use, sometimes I have to click 20-30 checkboxes in order to move cards to certain lessons, etc. Also, when I move them to lessons, they don't show up under lessons on my touchpad: It shows 2 lessons, but 0 cards in each one. I just end up tagging all the cards in a lesson and using "Tagged" to find the right lesson. Anyway, if anyone wants an easier way to check off multiple checkboxes (in Firefox), theres a nice addon called Checkboxmate that lets you click and drag to select multiple checkboxes, It sure helps a ton with different cloud storage/upload sites. Link here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...fedor-edition/
bmenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2012, 03:56 AM   #296 (permalink)

Hey there!
I really appreciate your work and I just purchased the full version of Flash Cards.
Solved!
Greetings

Last edited by wuffels; 01/17/2012 at 01:16 PM.
wuffels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2012, 07:04 PM   #297 (permalink)

Great studying app!
vc1492a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2012, 03:01 AM   #298 (permalink)

Hey there,

is there any way to scroll if you have a card that does not fit the screen?
This is the worst thing that could have happened as 3/4 of my law flashcards don't fit the TP Screen...

Greetings

Last edited by wuffels; 03/11/2012 at 07:18 AM.
wuffels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2012, 04:24 PM   #299 (permalink)

Hi, just wanna ask if the program is still in development. I like this app very much.

Highstacks
highstacks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2012, 03:41 PM   #300 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstacks1 View Post
Hi, just wanna ask if the program is still in development. I like this app very much.

Highstacks
Hmm,

an other app that died.

Highstacks
highstacks1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0