Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #201  
    jwilson,

No problem. I see what you did, and that would cause an issue. I do a check prior to even loading the study are if there are no cards, but you got around this. I will fix it. But you really should only hit this bug rarely. Only happens in certain circumstances.

Glad I added the check, it would have crashed your phone had it NOT been there.
    Just downloaded the beta and so far I'm still looking around but what's bugging me as of right now is the description font of a flash card is pretty small on my young eyes. It could be a little bit bigger
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Just downloaded the beta and so far I'm still looking around but what's bugging me as of right now is the description font of a flash card is pretty small on my young eyes. It could be a little bit bigger
    Thanks. I am trying to strike a balance and have not yet achieved this. So much information, and I am trying to prioritize it (for usability sake).
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Thanks. I am trying to strike a balance and have not yet achieved this. So much information, and I am trying to prioritize it (for usability sake).
    I understand and maybe once you got it the way you want it. You can have a full screen mode so while I'm studying I can see more of the card.
  5.    #205  
    I understand and maybe once you got it the way you want it. You can have a full screen mode so while I'm studying I can see more of the card.
    Go horizontal. Designed with you in mind *grin*

Ohh wait... wait till the .0024 version hits Beta in abt 2 hours. Then it will be all for you.
  6.    #206  
    Ok, v2.0.0024 BETA is now available.

I goofed and left the opening "about the Beta" page off (I disabled it while developing the new opening page). My apologies.

IF YOU HAVE AN OLDER VERSION: Uninstall it first. I had to make a database change to enable the Study Active Cards feature. I had half planned for it, but decided to add a new field. The old database version will work just fine, but you will not see the active cards.

I apologize for this, but with it this close to final, I did not want to build in a database upgrade just for a Beta as it will be fine when it hits App Catalog.

Revision History: FlashCards Revision History

Known Bugs: FlashCards for webOS
    I just began to use the lite version of this software. I like this program and thank the author for making this nice software.

After using for several minutes, I began to think it would be wonderful if some buttons are relocated. While "practicing", "Answer" page shows five buttons: Correct (green button), Incorrect (red button), left arrow, Random, and right arrow.

As a right-handed person, it is not very hard to press the "Incorrect" button with thumb, but it's hard to reach "Correct" button. To press "Correct" button, I have to twist my palm to let my thumb reach the button. Using the index finger does not help much for me.

I believe "Correct", "Incorrect" and the right arrow are the most frequently used buttons, and I also believe it's convenient if users can reach those buttons without moving their wrists and palms. So, I think it would be nice if both "Correct" and "Incorrect" buttons are located on the right side of the screen without too much gap.

Answer
    --------
    [Correct]
    [Incorrect]

<- Random ->

For left-handed people, it would be also nice if there is an option to locate those buttons on the left side of the screen.

Thanks!
  8.    #208  
    linjus,

Thank you. I have some ideas for this. The primary thing will be to expand the right/wrong "area" (not the buttons, but the whole tappable area) to the left and right side of the screen. I have had requests to move the buttons down to the bottom, but for aesthetics, will not do this. Having the whole left/right side be tappable (while still keeping the swipe gesture) will be the best solution IMO.

I like the idea of swapping it for those who want it. Will put it on the todo list for v3.0. I'm gonna need a sweet wizard system for all of these 'options' (yes, it's planned).

Alternatively, use the Keyboard shortcuts. It's much easier IMO. Not sure how else to make it work, one button will always be 'just out of reach'.

I know! Accelerometer. Tilt right (quickly) for a wrong one, tilt left (quickly) for a correct answer. Act like you are casting a fishing rod to catch a fish!

LOL. Much more planned and a lot I have to work with.
    For some reason I keep gettin v 2.0.0011 from Preware in the Palm Beta Feed. Guess it haven't been updated there yet
    --Marvin
  10.    #210  
    Yeah, it's happening all over. I have a report in to Palm, but no word yet. I assume it just needs everything to refresh and should be good to go in a couple hours, but that is pure speculation ).

Having other issues related to Beta apps as well, pending updates on that.
    Not sure if this is an option in webOS, but I'd love to see an option to have Flash Cards open at specified times, top of the hour, every half hour, every 15 minutes. That combined with the random option would help me to study throughout the day.
    Thanks
    I been messing around with the beta this morning still waiting for palm to fix they beta*feed. So*far bugs I found was audio NEVER plays on the 1st time a card is brought up like children alphabet. I than downloaded children numbers to reproduce the audio and it sometimes never play when and it just seem like switching to the next card and answer is a little laggy with the audio.*

For some reason for the life of me I can't get the save card on backswipe working. When I go *back to the flash card set like on the state captials it still random maybe I'm just doing something wrong but I know I got the save on.*

One more small issue was in landscape mode and when I click the overview icon I can't scroll down the list. Thus hiding part of the word progress but I can click it still but having a polished app I should be able to see all it.*

Just my 2 cents and once this hit the app catalog I'll be sure to download it even though I don't use flash cards at school only because I support active devs !*
  13.    #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Not sure if this is an option in webOS, but I'd love to see an option to have Flash Cards open at specified times, top of the hour, every half hour, every 15 minutes. That combined with the random option would help me to study throughout the day.
    Thanks
    This is planned for the next version. I will let you set it up so you can choose a set, how often you want them, and during what hows/days of the week. Then it will use the notifications ysstem to alert you to new cards every half hour or so. I had hoped to get it for v2.0, but never made the final cut. It is the first item on the list for v3.0 however, and I will probably startw orking on it before I even finalize the list for 3.0.
  14.    #214  
    I been messing around with the beta this morning still waiting for palm to fix they beta*feed. So*far bugs I found was audio NEVER plays on the 1st time a card is brought up like children alphabet. I than downloaded children numbers to reproduce the audio and it sometimes never play when and it just seem like switching to the next card and answer is a little laggy with the audio.*

For some reason for the life of me I can't get the save card on backswipe working. When I go *back to the flash card set like on the state captials it still random maybe I'm just doing something wrong but I know I got the save on.*

One more small issue was in landscape mode and when I click the overview icon I can't scroll down the list. Thus hiding part of the word progress but I can click it still but having a polished app I should be able to see all it.*

Just my 2 cents and once this hit the app catalog I'll be sure to download it even though I don't use flash cards at school only because I support active devs !*
    Why thank you. I am working on expanding the Fun & Trivia categories, so you should get some good use out of that even though you do not need it for study. Compared to the other trivia apps, I think will make FlashCards a bargain. Once I 100% confirm legal issues, I hope to do a whole bug "Name that Tune" series with <7 sec audio clips of the song. The possibilities are endless.

I will look into the backswipe issue, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

The menu in landscape is a problem and one I have not been able to solve since the beginning. Happens with the Pixi too, but worse. I have a thread in the Palm Dev forums, but no one has been able to help so far. I will be taking the bar out entirely in landscape mode while studying. The point was raised to me that Landscape mode should be for serious concentration and study, no distractions. I agreed, so now it will hide. You can still use the keyboard shortcuts, and can always go back vertial to access it.

I cannot duplicate the audio issue. I think it may have something to do with the code base, since it has changed a lot from the .0011 file to the .0031 I am currently working with (.0024 is the one you are waiting for). Try it with 0024 and see if that has the same issue.
  15.    #215  
    FlashCards v2.0 is now final.

I will do some final QA checks tonight and submit to Palm tomorrow. I am unsure how long the approval process will take, so follow me on Twitter as I will update when it does land: James Harris (PalmFlashCards) on Twitter

Attached is a screenshot of the NEW opening page that most of you have not seen yet. I would also like to tease you by saying that there are some "hidden" features. Do not ask what/where they are, because I will not tell. I will only tell you if you found them *all* or not.

If I did not get your feature in this release, I apologize. I needed to finish this up and quite frankly, need a break. HOWEVER, I will release an "update" shortly if any bugs are reported and will try to sneak your feature in then. There is a lot more planned, so check the future feature list and see if your suggestion is there. If not, then let me know.

Thank you to everyone for your help and support! FlashCards v2.0 is what I had envisioned for the app from the beginning.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16.    #216  
    I see Palm has hit the 'Publish' button for FlashCards v2.0... so, go fire up the App Catalog!

It's actually not showing for me, but I assume that just means I need to wait for my feeds to update on my phone. Regardless, check later today and all should be well if it does not show you the update right away.

How many hidden features did you find?

** Feeds just updated, you should be good to go now too...
    Last edited by spdsktr; 02/03/2010 at 10:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    So when it first came out I thought: this could be cool, but I'll pass
    then in preware I tried the beta,
    and yesterday I went and bought it because I loved it so much. It's very useful for me and I can't image my pre without it now. It's as important to me now as the web browser!!

I have two feature requests:
    1- change color behind cards. The white is hard on my eyes, I'd love a black option
    2- make it full screen on pre to remove scrolling
    I don't like being able to scroll vertically when you don't need to, so make it full screen to hide the menu bar and notification bar and disable scrolling.
  18.    #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLipson View Post
    So when it first came out I thought: this could be cool, but I'll pass
    then in preware I tried the beta,
    and yesterday I went and bought it because I loved it so much. It's very useful for me and I can't image my pre without it now. It's as important to me now as the web browser!!

I have two feature requests:
    1- change color behind cards. The white is hard on my eyes, I'd love a black option
    2- make it full screen on pre to remove scrolling
    I don't like being able to scroll vertically when you don't need to, so make it full screen to hide the menu bar and notification bar and disable scrolling.
    Dan,

Thank you. It really is an indespensible app for those needing to learn.

1.) There are 10 cards colors! White, to pink, to black and chalkboard. I tried to make this much more abundantly clear, but I guess people skip over all the dialogs. They really are important. From the opening page, tap on Preferences. There are over 16 settings that allow you to customize how the app looks and feels.

2.) I am going to do a full screen version. Just need to figure out the best way to handle it. Will definitely come in the form of a setting, so always check there. Will get it into the official 3.0 feature list. But vertical scrolling will have to remain. Some cards have so much content, that is will be impossible I am afraid. With the top bar gone, this will be reduced quite a bit.

I have some ideas for the study area to make it a lot better. Will be going through all of that. I need something to wow you guys next, and that will be tough with this design, but I think I got it.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    No, I know, I use the chalkboard theme, but I want to change the color behind the cards. I think i'd look much better so that you can focus on the flashcards.
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLipson View Post
    No, I know, I use the chalkboard theme, but I want to change the color behind the cards. I think i'd look much better so that you can focus on the flashcards.
    Ahhh, yes, good idea.

I am thinking themes. Chalkboard background, the wood desk, maybe a couple other desks, and colors (white, gray, black, blue red, etc). Anything I am missing here?