Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 302
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #181  
    Happily bought this from the App catalog.

    Suggestion for the future:
    1. I've converted a couple of sets that contain > 2000 cards. It would be nice if the app could break these down into chunks of, say, 100 cards that could be learned sequentially, so we'd have meaningful amounts of repetition. (Maybe your "random" repetition algorithm already approaches something like that???)

    2. Speaking of spaced repetition, that would be really helpful to have built into this app, and perhaps you could let us input the parameters (how long between repetitions after the initial, second, third exposure, etc.
  2. #182  
    Found a bit of a bug in the full version. I've haven't made many sets at all on my phone, tiny key board. However this weekend I did so. I notice when I came back to the app the set had been tripled but the other 2 sets had no cards. I just simply deleted them and went on about my way. Not a huge bug, but one I'm sure you can replicate if you make a set on your phone maybe it will show.

    I will save a screen shot if that helps, just don't know how. I tried to replicate it just now but it didn't show. But it has happen twice to me.

    Thanks
    Nate
  3.    #183  
    @Dr.Grace,

    Thank you. I think with the larger sets you want, that the Lesson Plans may work well for you. The idea is that you can segment a large list like this into smaller segments and study 1 lesson at a time, activate lessons and study all active ones, etc. This is already planned for v2.0 and the Online Tools will already let you split your list into Lessons. I am working on some ideas for the spaced repetition. With the addition of Leitner boxes, this will all get a bit complicated. Trying to find a way to clean it up.

    @speedygodzilla,

    Can we work together on isolating this? I knew it was a problem with the 0.5.5 release, but it was fixed in 1.0.0. I need to isolate exactly how this happened.
  4. #184  
    argl....

    i'm a european gsm pre user and my homebrew version just expired today, so i went to the app catalog to get the lite version (the only one i can get here - no paid apps so far in ol' europe). and what did i see my own created cards are gone - i never did an upload, but they were stored on the phone, didn't the text say "Your flash card data will remain intact when upgrading". can i recover it somehow......

    UPDATE: found out the old homebrew app is still there (but tells it's expired), the LITE version doesn't show my own cards. Can i somehow convert the old card set to the lite?
    i have only one set, so that LITE wouldn't be a problem.
  5.    #185  
    If you are a GSM user, please email me directly for instructions.

    erupnu@gmail.com
  6. #186  
    Well, loved this app when I heard it was coming. I uploaded a couple of sets nothing major and would have gladly paid for this app, but it was stated no cost rather help out and upload sets. Now it requires a fee. Out of principle F that.
  7.    #187  
    @JLion,

    The homebrew has always stated that FlashCards would be free until the App Catalog. I apologize if this was not clear, but I did try to communicate it. People had asked about donating money to the development before it went to app catalog. I asked for you not to give money, since it was always planned to be a paid app. What I asked for instead was to create sets if you wanted to donate.
  8.    #188  
    I need a bit of help from my NON-US FlashCards users.

    If you are in Germany, UK, Canada, or Mexico, please email me at erupnu@gmail.com . I need to test the Lite version for you guys. As compensation, I'll throw in a free copy of the Paid app for you to use as long as you like.

    Requirements:
    * Be in any country other than the U.S. and U.S. Territories
    * Have a Pre or Pixi
    * Know how to enable Developer Mode
    * Know how to install apps using webOS Quick Install

    That's it. I'll email you an IPK, you install, check the 'upgrade' button, and report back to me what you get. 5 minutes tops.
  9. #189  
    I used the homebrew version of this app a while ago n just paid for the full version and love it!

    two small request-

    I don't know if this has been mentioned or not before, but could you put an option under preferances to disable the animations? I'm talking about all of the animations for this app. 2) have the option to set another character instead of commas, maybe tabs to separate fields question, answer, hint, etc..
  10. #190  
    Hey,

    I can only tell you that failed to installit on my german gsm Pre. I am talking about Lite version from App Catalog. Now I can't remove it as it is not listed among installed apps, yet the icon remains in the launcher with yellow exclamation mark.

    To remove it is my only concern, now I read this thread I will not use it, as I hate this attitude, use people to test it and report bugs, and when ready make it paid.
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by musanek View Post
    Hey,

    I can only tell you that failed to installit on my german gsm Pre. I am talking about Lite version from App Catalog. Now I can't remove it as it is not listed among installed apps, yet the icon remains in the launcher with yellow exclamation mark.

    To remove it is my only concern, now I read this thread I will not use it, as I hate this attitude, use people to test it and report bugs, and when ready make it paid.
    Umm, ok... The error is not with the app. The error is with your phone. It is not a beta version that I expect people to report bugs on.

    If you use Preware, then that is your issue. Preware and webOS 1.3.5 are incompatible. Download the latest Quick Install, remove Preware and Package Manager Service, then reboot. Reinstall Package Manager and Preware. Then run the Emergency Migration Helper and wait for it to finish. Then you will be good to go.

    Let me ask this -- does it happen for all apps in the Catalog?
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by balm View Post
    I used the homebrew version of this app a while ago n just paid for the full version and love it!

    two small request-

    I don't know if this has been mentioned or not before, but could you put an option under preferances to disable the animations? I'm talking about all of the animations for this app. 2) have the option to set another character instead of commas, maybe tabs to separate fields question, answer, hint, etc..
    Balm!! I am so sorry, I somehow missed this post. Must have beenw hile I was on vaca. I like the idea of disabling the animation. Will look into it, but I spent a lot of time making sure all the visual cues worked good and were intuitive.

    You can use tab format on import for the Quizlet import, but it only supports Q&A. Will add this as file upload support when I switch to the website development (just before 2.0 launches).


    In OTHER related news, FlashCards v2.0 Beta is now available for all! Feast your eyes on one of the slickest interfaces for webOS (minus the splash screen which I hate and will redo). A Ton of new features. Major speed boost. Updated interface. And an old help system (which I am redoing once features are final).

    FlashCards Beta

    Be sure to let me know what you want to see included. This is the time to get it in and get it quick.
  13. #193  
    I want to make my own cards where the first thing you see is a picture and then you have to name it and another one where you hear a sound and then you name it. Is this program capable of allowing me to make those types of flash cards?

    The reason is to help me with bird identification. One set would show a pic of a bird and I'd name it and the other set is where I'd hear the vocalization and then name it.
  14.    #194  
    @thekarens,

    Yes, Flashcards is very capable. See the Children's Alphabet as an example. It uses pictures and audio both.

    It takes a little bit of work to prepare the cards, but really is not hard by any means. The hardest part is getting the pictures and audio together.
  15. #195  
    I would like them to be two separate sets of cards. I was trying out the beta and it would be nice to be able to upload the pic straight from the phone as the "question" and then I could put the name of the bird as the "answer." I would like to do the same for the audio set. Upload the sound bite from the phone as the "question" and as the answer the name of the bird.

    Maybe I'm missing something and it does have that capability.
  16. #196  
    I am a paid user of this app and I find it amazing, especially the 2.0 beta, i will try to report any bugs,loving it though! Good job

    Edit: found a bug I think

    When i tried to study, I got "Error Finind Card"
    It was an Error 8 Loop Check, I expect you meant to say Error Finding Card

    Also, I have a request if its possible:

    When you go to add a card, maybe have a way in which we can add preset phrases. For example, i want to add a card, Question: Latissimus Dorsi Proximal Attachment, Answer: bla bla bla, then another new card Question: Levator Scapula Proximal Attachment, Answer: bla bla bal

    So my request would be a way for us to add the phrase "Proximal Attachment" to a phrase list and be able to select it when we create a new card, this way I can easily create a bunch of these types of flash cards. I expect this might be usefull for a variety of flash card sets.
    then I want to add another card, levator scapulae Proximal Attachment -
    Last edited by jwilson02; 01/24/2010 at 07:36 PM.
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I would like them to be two separate sets of cards. I was trying out the beta and it would be nice to be able to upload the pic straight from the phone as the "question" and then I could put the name of the bird as the "answer." I would like to do the same for the audio set. Upload the sound bite from the phone as the "question" and as the answer the name of the bird.

    Maybe I'm missing something and it does have that capability.
    This is not yet ready. I would love to say it would be in 2.0, but it will be coming sooner rather than later. The main issue is resizing it. I am not 100% sure, but I have no ability to crop/shrink images to fit without the use of the website. The audio is a challenge because we have no mic access, and do you really have all the audio clips on your phone?

    My focus to now was delivering the features I promised, and then UI and speed. All 3 were successful with a lot more thrown in.

    But do keep an eye on it, as that WILL be coming. Probably sooner than you think.
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilson02 View Post
    I am a paid user of this app and I find it amazing, especially the 2.0 beta, i will try to report any bugs,loving it though! Good job

    Edit: found a bug I think

    When i tried to study, I got "Error Finind Card"
    It was an Error 8 Loop Check, I expect you meant to say Error Finding Card

    Also, I have a request if its possible:

    When you go to add a card, maybe have a way in which we can add preset phrases. For example, i want to add a card, Question: Latissimus Dorsi Proximal Attachment, Answer: bla bla bla, then another new card Question: Levator Scapula Proximal Attachment, Answer: bla bla bal

    So my request would be a way for us to add the phrase "Proximal Attachment" to a phrase list and be able to select it when we create a new card, this way I can easily create a bunch of these types of flash cards. I expect this might be usefull for a variety of flash card sets.
    then I want to add another card, levator scapulae Proximal Attachment -
    Thank you. Worked hard on 2.0.

    The bug is actually a bug, but not really. The Loop 8 Check is actually my 'code' for an infinite loop check. Get it? It's a backup just in case the logic to select a random card (using smart method) goes into an infinite loop. I thought it would never be tripped, but I am glad I added the check.

    I need more info on how you got this. How many cards in the set? Did you have lessons created, and were you studying one lesson? Were you studying tags, bookmarks, or leitner box? The code for each type changes and knowing this will help me identify where/why it is happening. Have not tripped this alert in all of my testing.

    I like the idea of 'snippets' that can be reused. The problem I have is -- how to implement it gracefully and in a manner that is intuitive with no explanation required. Until I can figure that out...

    Alternatively, you can use the CSV method to create and import. I wanted management tools in app since, well, since you use it mobile. But doing THAT much typing on a small device is not easy, so I will probably focus on those tools in the Online Tools for now. To me, that would be infinitely more used than on device.

    But keep it coming. You guys are basically building this app for me. I just translate your words into code.
  19. #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    This is not yet ready. I would love to say it would be in 2.0, but it will be coming sooner rather than later. The main issue is resizing it. I am not 100% sure, but I have no ability to crop/shrink images to fit without the use of the website. The audio is a challenge because we have no mic access, and do you really have all the audio clips on your phone?

    My focus to now was delivering the features I promised, and then UI and speed. All 3 were successful with a lot more thrown in.

    But do keep an eye on it, as that WILL be coming. Probably sooner than you think.
    Great, thanks! I really like this idea because when I'm in an area without coverage or bad coverage I can still use the app if the pics are coming from my phone. Yes, the audio clips are on the phone They are only 20-30 seconds long.

    Thanks again for all your hard work!

    Karen
  20. #200  
    hey sorry getting back so late

    so I reproduce the bug by going to STUDY, then Adding a new Flash Card Set, then I go to add a card, but I save it without putting anything in the question and anser box, the flash card set shows up with no cards, but then I click Study and I get the error.

    So for that loop you would probably quench it by keeping me from saving a blank card I'm assuming..

    hope that helps

    Closing the error message will then allow me to see the blank card in the set.
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions