Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    This app didn't work for me and actually their website didn't either. 2 problems: 1) Calls couldn't reach their destination MOST of the time (2 out of 20), that is, it just rang on my end but it wouldn't connect to the phone on the other end (no ring on the other end) 2) They charged me however for every single attempt (2 minutes, 3 minutes, depending on the time I waited hearing the ringing, until I'd finally hang up fed up with it). Yet, they refunded me the charges each time I complained about it. But, bottom line, their support team couldn't figure out the problem. It seems they rely on contractors telling them BS about not being their problem but Sprint instead. Something is very wrong anyway because even if you want to blame Sprint why still charge me for calls not being connected. How on Earth can they NOT realize that my call was not actually connected, that no one picked up on the other end. What kind of computer programs do they have that can't determine an attempt to call to an actual connection? So, either way, why pay for the amount of time it may take a call to get through, then charge you for the time of the actual call, and then what? charge you also for the time it takes to disconnect you? That "low" rate ends up being not so low anymore.

Does anyone know of another International VoIP company?
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by calesuar1 View Post
    This app didn't work for me and actually their website didn't either. 2 problems: 1) Calls couldn't reach their destination MOST of the time (2 out of 20), that is, it just rang on my end but it wouldn't connect to the phone on the other end (no ring on the other end) 2) They charged me however for every single attempt (2 minutes, 3 minutes, depending on the time I waited hearing the ringing, until I'd finally hang up fed up with it). Yet, they refunded me the charges each time I complained about it. But, bottom line, their support team couldn't figure out the problem. It seems they rely on contractors telling them BS about not being their problem but Sprint instead. Something is very wrong anyway because even if you want to blame Sprint why still charge me for calls not being connected. How on Earth can they NOT realize that my call was not actually connected, that no one picked up on the other end. What kind of computer programs do they have that can't determine an attempt to call to an actual connection? So, either way, why pay for the amount of time it may take a call to get through, then charge you for the time of the actual call, and then what? charge you also for the time it takes to disconnect you? That "low" rate ends up being not so low anymore.

Does anyone know of another International VoIP company?
    Hi celesuar1,

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that there were issues your calls.

We work with different providers to offer the best price and quality of connections. Unfortunately sometimes the quality to some more "challenging" destinations may be unacceptable.

In such cases we really appreciate the feedback from our customers. We make sure the customers are not charged for such calls and we work with our providers to resolve the issues.

When a user creates a new account, we credit it with $0.50 so that the user can test the call quality and let us know if there are any issues.

Please, do not hesitate to contact our customer support at support AT voxofon DOT com if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
    Voxofon
    I just have to reiterate that this app works perfectly for me making crystal clear (and stable) calls from Chicago to Vancouver, Canada @ only 1 cent/minute !

Great app!
    So, how would this work on my situation.

I don't have account with Voxofon yet, but I do have a Vodafone for Germany and have a current working phone number from Vodafone.

Now, since incoming phone calls are free on Vodafone, would it be safe to assume that I can use voxofon from Wifi connection, via laptop or wifi from the Pre[but there is no service for the Pre over seas...so bummer] to route the call using the call back option to my Vodafone number and have it connect to stateside or any other phone numbers around the world?

I hope that'll be the case, if not, I'll have to look into other options as great as Vodafone's no contract/prepaid phone service is, it can get costy on my end, but free incoming is what's up!

Thanks!
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by mad-*** View Post
    So, how would this work on my situation.

I don't have account with Voxofon yet, but I do have a Vodafone for Germany and have a current working phone number from Vodafone.

Now, since incoming phone calls are free on Vodafone, would it be safe to assume that I can use voxofon from Wifi connection, via laptop or wifi from the Pre[but there is no service for the Pre over seas...so bummer] to route the call using the call back option to my Vodafone number and have it connect to stateside or any other phone numbers around the world?

I hope that'll be the case, if not, I'll have to look into other options as great as Vodafone's no contract/prepaid phone service is, it can get costy on my end, but free incoming is what's up!

Thanks!
    Just to make sure we understand the situation correctly... You will be in Germany, with a local cell phone that has a local (German) SIM card. You will also have your US Sprint Pre with you. And you would like to make international calls from Germany.

The incoming calls to a German mobile are free to the owner - but are more expensive for the caller. So if you have to do a callback from your German mobile to US, your Voxofon account will be charged accordingly. Vodafone will not charge you for the incoming call. You can view the exact prices at http://www.voxofon.com/prices.html

It is cheaper to do a callback to a German landline, if you have access to a phone where you can receive phone calls.

You may look at using Voxofon on your German mobile phone. You will pay Vodafone for calling a landline number in Germany, and then your Voxofon account will be charged for the call to the US (1.3 c/min). This option may be cheaper than the callback.

What is the phone model of your German cell phone? Can it connect to the Internet? We have applications for various platforms as well as a generic mobile site (a few KB in size) that can be used similarly to the app for Pre. Just open Voxofon.com on your cell phone.

Please, do not hesitate to contact our support directly for more information.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    I just have to reiterate that this app works perfectly for me making crystal clear (and stable) calls from Chicago to Vancouver, Canada @ only 1 cent/minute !

Great app!
    Thank you for the kind words! We are glad to hear that you are happy with Voxofon app!
    Hello-
    I'm still using your service and I love it. The only thing I would like to see changed is the pin request when initiating a call. I call off of my Pre, never from my computer. I strictly use the Pre app. When I dial out, it will open my phone app and have a number already typed in, all I have to do is press enter. The phone will then call a number that will initiate the call to the overseas destination. Only recently (last week or so), when using the Pre app, this is my experience:

Open app
    Dial destination number
    press Call
    Pre's Phone app will pop up with number already entered
    I press enter
    Phone dials the number and an automated voice asks me to enter my pin
    My pin is a 12 digit number that I cannot figure out how to change
    I enter the pin
    I am asked to enter the destination number again
    Then my call is initiated

I don't remember having to type in my pin, or even having a pin for that matter. Is this normal now or is something wrong.

Thanks for your help and for a great app!
  8.    #48  
    Hi mokash34,

This behavior means that Voxofon system does not receive your CallerID.

Please, make sure that your CallerID is visible when Voxofon access number is called.

Also you can check Preferences in Voxofon app and make sure that "This Mobile" field contains the phone number of your Pre including the country code.

If you continue to experience the problem, please, contact our customer service at support AT voxofon.com and they will be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by mokash34 View Post
    Hello-
    I'm still using your service and I love it. The only thing I would like to see changed is the pin request when initiating a call. I call off of my Pre, never from my computer. I strictly use the Pre app. When I dial out, it will open my phone app and have a number already typed in, all I have to do is press enter. The phone will then call a number that will initiate the call to the overseas destination. Only recently (last week or so), when using the Pre app, this is my experience:

Open app
    Dial destination number
    press Call
    Pre's Phone app will pop up with number already entered
    I press enter
    Phone dials the number and an automated voice asks me to enter my pin
    My pin is a 12 digit number that I cannot figure out how to change
    I enter the pin
    I am asked to enter the destination number again
    Then my call is initiated

I don't remember having to type in my pin, or even having a pin for that matter. Is this normal now or is something wrong.

Thanks for your help and for a great app!
    I knew it was something on my end . I didn't have the country code in front of my mobile number in the mobile app preferences.

thanks

and to everyone comparing the google voice app to the voxofon app, I recommend the voxofon app. they are both very easy to use and very convenient but voxofon usually has better rates and the app is so simple and easy to use. and the customer support is way more personal and helpful.

i'm not dissing google, especially google voice, but my vote is with voxofon. my $.02
  10.    #50  
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mokash34 View Post
    I knew it was something on my end . I didn't have the country code in front of my mobile number in the mobile app preferences.

thanks

and to everyone comparing the google voice app to the voxofon app, I recommend the voxofon app. they are both very easy to use and very convenient but voxofon usually has better rates and the app is so simple and easy to use. and the customer support is way more personal and helpful.

i'm not dissing google, especially google voice, but my vote is with voxofon. my $.02
    Can you add any of the following features to the Voxofon app on the Pre?....

a) view call history (then be able to dial one of the numbers)
    b) set speed dial presets
    c) redial last number

There must be an easier way to use the app than having to either manually dial the number each time or search for the person in my Contacts every time.
    Thanks
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Can you add any of the following features to the Voxofon app on the Pre?....

a) view call history (then be able to dial one of the numbers)
    b) set speed dial presets
    c) redial last number

There must be an easier way to use the app than having to either manually dial the number each time or search for the person in my Contacts every time.
    Thanks
    Thank you for the suggestions.

Call history is already on our short-term TODO list.

Speed dials is also something we will be looking at. We are completing a new service that will definitely benefit from speed dialing

Redial last number - this will be resolved by having Call History. You would click on Call History button and select the last number. Or did you have another feature in mind?

Sincerely,
    Voxofon support
    sounds good
    please post here when you release the new features
    thanks
  14.    #54  
    Voxofon app now available in Palm App Catalog!

We will keep posting the new versions on PreCentral.net.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I'm thinking of using voxofon to call my friend in australia (i'm canadian), and my only concern is the location the callback will be coming from. Basically, I'm concerned about paying long distance fees w/my carrier from the voxofon number. I'm in southeasrern BC, if it helps answer the question any better. I really love the idea of an app to replace those bloody int'l calling cards.
  16.    #56  
    Hi hemwick,

Voxofon app has two calling methods: call-through and call-back.

When you enter the international destination number in Voxofon app, you will see the destination and the call rate. If you then tap on "call" button in Voxofon dialer, it will find the nearest access number in your country and show it in the Pre dialer, where you need to confirm the call.

We have access numbers in most parts of Canada, so this should be a number in your home calling area and it should be a local call for you. If this is not the case, please, contact support AT voxofon DOT com and we will look into this.

If you choose a call-back calling method, the call to your cell phone will be done via an international VoIP provider. By default, there is no CallerID transmitted.

When you create a Voxofon account, you get 50 cents to test the service. You may want to make a few calls and double-check that your mobile operator marks the calls as local.

Please, do not hesitate to contact our customer service if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
    Voxofon Support

Quote Originally Posted by hemwick View Post
    I'm thinking of using voxofon to call my friend in australia (i'm canadian), and my only concern is the location the callback will be coming from. Basically, I'm concerned about paying long distance fees w/my carrier from the voxofon number. I'm in southeasrern BC, if it helps answer the question any better. I really love the idea of an app to replace those bloody int'l calling cards.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Hello voxofon... Just wanting to let you know that when I click on the link in your app to go to your website it will say 'unable to load page; unable to resolve host'. This is because the 'http://' is double in the url. The app is great otherwise, thank you!

I am hoping 'tho that one day soon you will have virtual numbers available in Indonesia and Singapore?
  18.    #58  
    Hi gwyneth,

Thank you for the feedback. Actually this bug has already been fixed the official release on App Catalog.

We are preparing a new version with many new features. We will post it on PreCentral in the next 1-2 weeks. It will also have a fix for this problem.

It is possible to obtain a virtual number in Singapore, but it requires ID documentation from the end-user to be sent to the provider. If you would like to go ahead with that, contact us at support AT voxofon DOT com

Quote Originally Posted by gwyneth View Post
    Hello voxofon... Just wanting to let you know that when I click on the link in your app to go to your website it will say 'unable to load page; unable to resolve host'. This is because the 'http://' is double in the url. The app is great otherwise, thank you!

I am hoping 'tho that one day soon you will have virtual numbers available in Indonesia and Singapore?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by voxofon View Post
    Hi gwyneth,

Thank you for the feedback. Actually this bug has already been fixed the official release on App Catalog.

We are preparing a new version with many new features. We will post it on PreCentral in the next 1-2 weeks. It will also have a fix for this problem.

It is possible to obtain a virtual number in Singapore, but it requires ID documentation from the end-user to be sent to the provider. If you would like to go ahead with that, contact us at support AT voxofon DOT com
    Thank you for the prompt reply! I cannot download anything from the app catalog anymore... The usual error that the fair dinkum patch used to fix. I can only use preware to download and install apps and patches. So I will just gladly wait until the version on precentral is available.

Thank you for the info on Singapore. Do you have an idea how much it all will cost monthly and per minute? Also what about Indonesia? Could you do that country too?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Update: have just remanaged my var space with mvapp and was able to update from the app catalog, link works just fine now, thank you. Still looking forward to the update on precentral in a couple of weeks.

Also still hoping for a virtual number in Indonesia and interested in the pricing for Singapore. Thanks again voxofon!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast