1.    #1  
    Version 0.0.4 Released on Thursday 10/7
    Version 0.0.3 Released on Thursday 9/24
    Version 0.0.2 Released on Monday 9/21
    NOTICE: THIS IS ONLY AN ALPHA RELEASE

THIS IS MEANT FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES
    THE WORD "STALKER" IS NOT BE TAKEN LITERALLY

CellStalker Now:
    - Track your phone online! (at CellStalker.com)

Future:
    Track your paths, integrate with Facebook/Twitter (if you're into that kind of thing), pedometer mode, send popups to your phone.

How it works:
    - Every 10 minutes, your anonymous location is sent to a tracking website with an anonymous key.
    - You type in the key (or bookmark the resulting map page) at cellstalker.com to find out where your phone is.
    - You can give out your key or change it at anytime.
    - COMPLETELY ANONYMOUS unless you share your key.

Other Notes:
    The accuracy is dependent on your phone, not the software.
    Can be turned on and off with a flick
    Keys can be reset or chosen yourself (20 character limit)
    The app should only need to be run once. After that it runs in the background.

Again, this is just ALPHA proof of concept.

Download Here

TO DO LIST: (Short Term)
    Enable HTTPS - 9/18/2009
    Interactive Map - 9/19/2009
    Map Page Auto Refreshes - 9/19/2009
    Key Loss after Reset Bug - 9/21/2009
    Fixed rare New Key Issue - 9/21/2009
    Update right away (instead of 10 minutes after) - 9/21/2009
    Larger Map/Scales to Browser - 9/22/2009
    Slightly more upscale website - 9/22/2009
    Month Updated Showing Incorrectly - 9/24/2009
    Add "Email Link" Button/functionality - 9/24/2009
    Add Password Protection Functionality - 9/24/2009
    Bug - Map doesn't show correctly in Palm web browser - 10/1/2009
    Bug - "Email Link" Not working - 10/7/2009
    Show the Proper Timezone - 10/7/2009
    Update Frequency - 10/7/2009
    Public Read-only Key - 10/7/2009
    HTTPS Location Saves - 10/7/2009
    Cached Updates (Update only if Location Changed)
    Last edited by geiger; 10/07/2009 at 01:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Will this work only when the card is open/active? Or when the card is closed too?
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Nice!
    Dude, this is cool. Thanks
    There is no spoon
  5. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    this is a cool idea. does the app card have to stay open to maintain updates? why go this route instead of writing a tracker app for Google Latitude?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Google hasn't published an API for Latitude yet, so 3rd party clients are kinda not gonna happen until that does.
    one thing i noticed is that the site link does not work. it takes to to the default homepage. even the link with your key.
    dont no if its just me. but great so far!
    keep it up
    pretty neat so far can't wait for the pedometer feature.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Great work so far. Any way of putting date/time of last update on the web page?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    The "Click here to bookmark this link" links are wrong on cellstalker.com when you are looking at a map of your key.

Also, would it be possible to use https instead of http traffic? Then people couldn't sniff off keys.
  11.    #11  
    The app does not need be open (ie: The card can be closed) and updates will still happen.

I updated the main post to reflect that.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I probably will wait a few weeks before adding in more updates. However the website will probably evolve. I do wish I had more Graphic Design skills because I think the website is pretty ugly so far. Functionality will probably come before prettiness though.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    ...Also, would it be possible to use https instead of http traffic? Then people couldn't sniff off keys.
    I just paid the $30 for an SSL certificate.
    Now I need to turn it on.

It's not completely enabled yet but you should be able to access it after it's turned on by the following...
    https://www.cellstalker.com/map.aspx?key=YOUR-KEY-HERE
    will this affect battery life much?
    My location is off by about 20 blocks, but otherwise proof of concept confirmed. Great job.
    Sure would like to see this integrate into APRS for Amateur radio operators...

You could have a Key equal to their callsign, and their APRS validation Key in the App, and then the data could be sent up to the APRS-IS servers.

Let me know if you think you might be able to implement something like that.

Thanks!
    Brian Short, KC0BS
    Wow! Out of nowhere.. I have been on several threads now of people wanting to do this. Some with a script that reports just the coordinates, some with a script that was to go to Google maps. Some SMS you the info, others reported to a site or email.. Nothing came from any of them.
    I was thinking it was just too hard to do or they got bored...
    Then BOOM! there it is!!! ii

Great work man, this is really cool, requires no rooting code and runs in the background.
    Last edited by Paladin; 09/17/2009 at 01:48 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    The "Click here to bookmark this link" links are wrong on cellstalker.com when you are looking at a map of your key....
    What a rookie mistake to make on my part!

It is now corrected.

btw, the bookmark button won't work in Chrome. I think Chrome has that kind of bookmark from page functionality disabled.
    Here is the protocol for the APRS integration
    Send-only Ports and Formats
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    will this affect battery life much?
    Right now it does a simple ajax request every 10 minutes or so.

I am VERY interested in perceived battery use. One would think that it would be relatively small, but I've been proven wrong before! (sometimes more often than not )
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Wow! Out of nowhere.. I have been on several threads now of people wanting to do this. Some with a script that reports just the coordinates, some with a script that was to go to Google maps. Some SMS you the info, others reported to a site or email.. Nothing came from any of them.
    I was thinking it was just too hard to do or something....
    Then BOOM! there it is!!! ii

Great work man, this is really cool, requires no rooting code and runs in the background.
    The website side of things was actually the simplest for me to do. I'm still dreaming of the day when WebOS has intellisense and a debugger. Wow, how lame am I that I am dreaming of debuggers?!!?
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast