Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Geiger,

I think you mean WebOS, Palm OS is something very old and different entirely
    I corrected this so now there is no proof! Mwa ha ha!

Thanks for pointing it out. I definitely meant WebOS (or Palm's OS).

Being clear is always important.
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Maybe I am paranoid but could you maybe have a temp key that expires after a set time? What I mean is I do not want anyone to know my actual key but still want them to know my location.

So I could have the Pre app generate a temp key and Email it out that works on the site but would expire after a time I specify like one day, or even one hour? A stay alive time I can set if you will.

My main, master key, would of course always work. ii
    Yet again, I agree. I was already thinking of something similar.
    Having a private key (the current key) and have another "ReadOnly" key that's "Read-Only".
  3.    #163  
    Version 0.0.3 has been released! (Screenshots)
    3. Look Updated - Smoother Looking
    2. Email Button - Send your link via Email, Text Message or IM
    1. PASSWORD PROTECTION

Now I know that I'm going to get a lot of people saying "I've locked myself out". And I'm also sure you can go into development mode and use Putty to retrieve the set password somehow. However, this is a great addition, nobody can grab your phone and look at it quickly and probably only 5% of people are capable of hacksoring it.

Continue to speak up about what you want to see next.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    cool! i love the password feature. its not showing up the preware feeds yet though, so i haven't been able to download....
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by lvd View Post
    cool! i love the password feature. its not showing up the preware feeds yet though, so i haven't been able to download....
    Re-uploaded it. You should be good now.
  6. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    looks great. if the phone is reset, does the location service restart automatically? also, deleting the app does not require the password. unfortunately those are both easy bypasses of the password feature
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    nice job on the update. In my opinion, once you have a feature which allows us to change the default update time of 10 minutes to either more or less, you have passed the alpha app stage and the beta stage!

nice work!
    Last edited by willsurg; 10/06/2009 at 05:38 AM.
    Does the PRE have Speed & Direction? That might be nice to show as the "alt text" when people point at the place marker on google maps...
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    When I hit email a link, it only opens my sms program, not my email.
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post
    Same here, I cant send it through email.
  11. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    *sorry, wrong thread
    Last edited by lvd; 09/25/2009 at 05:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    On the tracking website, the map doesn't seem to reflect my position (even after inputting my key)...it's somewhere in Buffalo. This is what i'm seeing when I pull it up on my Pre. Am I doing something wrong or is the mapper not working correctly? Tx.
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by craigf View Post
    On the tracking website, the map doesn't seem to reflect my position (even after inputting my key)...it's somewhere in Buffalo. This is what i'm seeing when I pull it up on my Pre. Am I doing something wrong or is the mapper not working correctly? Tx.
    Can you PM me your key?
  14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny6man View Post
    Same here, I cant send it through email.
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post
    Thanks for the FYI. I do most of the development on the Emulator. It is a bug that has already been fixed in the next build.
  15.    #175  
    You may notice that CellStalker.com is playing around with Path's. Feel free to post your feedback and results.
  16.    #176  
    UPDATE BUT NO UPDATE NEEDED
    You should now notice a big change to the website (yet again)

1 Word. PATHS

Cell Stalker now shows you your last 10 "Unique" locations. That means, as long as the GPS didn't miscalculate where you are, if you're standing relatively still, your GPS location should stay the same. So those won't get mapped.

Also if you mouse over any of the locations, you will see the time and GPS location.

Now, I still think the Pre can do a much better job of calculating where you've been, however it is generally accurate.

Screenshot Attached
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geiger View Post

1 Word. PATHS

Cell Stalker now shows you your last 10 "Unique" locations. That means, as long as the GPS didn't miscalculate where you are, if you're standing relatively still, your GPS location should stay the same. So those won't get mapped.

Also if you mouse over any of the locations, you will see the time and GPS location.

Now, I still think the Pre can do a much better job of calculating where you've been, however it is generally accurate.

Screenshot Attached
    Geiger-

The paths are nice - but while my location is currently accurate, it is showing for today a starting point that I was at yesterday, but it has today's date when I mouse over it..
    Steve
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Yikes, cellstalker.com looks really bad on the Pre's web browser now.

1 Word. PATHS

Screenshot Attached
    I was going to give some path feedback, but you pretty much answered it already, lol. I noticed that my locations while standing still were spot on, but once I drove home today (about ten miles travel distance) I noticed that the program didn't follow my trail. In other words, it accurately pinpointed my location at location "A" and location "B" but not the path between the two. (not even close.) I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I was using the music app while I was driving, but it looks from your post like you're already aware of this.

BTW, this is just feedback for your information, not at all a complaint. I absolutely love the execution of this program.
    Version 0.0.3 Released on Thursday 9/24
    Version 0.0.2 Released on Monday 9/21
    NOTICE: THIS IS ONLY AN ALPHA RELEASE

THIS IS MEANT FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES
    THE WORD "STALKER" IS NOT BE TAKEN LITERALLY

CellStalker Now:
    - Track your phone online! (at CellStalker.com)

Future:
    Track your paths, integrate with Facebook/Twitter (if you're into that kind of thing), pedometer mode, send popups to your phone.

How it works:
    - Every 10 minutes, your anonymous location is sent to a tracking website with an anonymous key.
    - You type in the key (or bookmark the resulting map page) at cellstalker.com to find out where your phone is.
    - You can give out your key or change it at anytime.
    - COMPLETELY ANONYMOUS unless you share your key.

Other Notes:
    The accuracy is dependent on your phone, not the software.
    Can be turned on and off with a flick
    Keys can be reset or chosen yourself (20 character limit)
    The app should only need to be run once. After that it runs in the background.

Again, this is just ALPHA proof of concept.

Download Here

TO DO LIST: (Short Term)
    Enable HTTPS - 9/18/2009
    Interactive Map - 9/19/2009
    Map Page Auto Refreshes - 9/19/2009
    Key Loss after Reset Bug - 9/21/2009
    Fixed rare New Key Issue - 9/21/2009
    Update right away (instead of 10 minutes after) - 9/21/2009
    Larger Map/Scales to Browser - 9/22/2009
    Slightly more upscale website - 9/22/2009
    Month Updated Showing Incorrectly - 9/24/2009
    Add "Email Link" Button/functionality - 9/24/2009
    Add Password Protection Functionality - 9/24/2009
    How is this service any different then what's offered in the Google Latitude widget?