Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Ditto! Works good here.
    So in the app it lists the last update date, time, and coordinates. The date in mine is wrong. It says 8/21 and its not august anymore. This doesn't really seem to affect anything, just noticed it and thought I should point that out. Otherwise really cool so far.
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    So in the app it lists the last update date, time, and coordinates. The date in mine is wrong. It says 8/21 and its not august anymore. This doesn't really seem to affect anything, just noticed it and thought I should point that out. Otherwise really cool so far.
    Yes, I see that now. It will show the current month -1.
    Noted to be fixed on the next build.
    after installing this app I have had some issues with google maps, it won't accurately display my location on gmaps like it use to. Could it be that this app is causing a conflict?
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    after installing this app I have had some issues with google maps, it won't accurately display my location on gmaps like it use to. Could it be that this app is causing a conflict?
    Thanks for asking but the answer is no. The program doesn't change any system settings.

In simplest terms the application sets an alarm every 10 minutes that queries the GPS.

Feel free to uninstall and reinstall the app if you would like to see for yourself..
  6.    #146  
    The website has been updated.

It is a little more professional looking (Graphic Designers, please don't flame me, I know it still could be MUCH better)

The best part that I think everybody will like is a BIGGER map. This should pretty much scale to your screen.

Comments are welcome, constructive comments are adored!
    Hey nice work on the app.. one comment that would help you with your adwords is if you go into your account and specify the keywords for your site instead of letting google pick it for you because your getting totally unrelated ads right now based on the sole word of "cell" so you probably wont get many clicks. If you want some help on the site design PM me I could help you out.. i have done many
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    Quote Originally Posted by geiger View Post
    A new IPK is available. If 1 or 2 of you can confirm the version notes below.

version 0.0.2
    1. The key "Should NOT" be lost after phone reset.
    2. Your location "Should" be updated on first run.
    3. Added Latitude and Longitude to screen.
    Hey Geiger,

Love the idea of this app and I can tell you've put alot of work into it. I haven't noticed the location issues that have been mentioned on this thread, the site pinned my location within a block of being accurate, which is right on line with another location based app I have. Good job!
    Forgive me for being ignorant, especially if you've already addressed this earlier in the thread, but one thing I've noticed is that the new key I generated for my phone only seemed to work once, and its location has not updated since 9:23 A.M. this morning. I sort of expected to see that key when I reopened the app, but instead had a brand new randomly generated key. I think I made a mistake a couple of times of retyping my "personally chosen from earlier" key into the app with the mistaken impression that I was "signing in." I don't know if this affected the phone's ability to be tracked, but thought I'd mention it. I did do a restart on the phone about two hours after installing the app, but my "personally chosen" key still hasn't updated. Thanks for your patience for what I'm sure are my own mistakes.
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by Conect11 View Post
    Hey Geiger,

Love the idea of this app and I can tell you've put alot of work into it. I haven't noticed the location issues that have been mentioned on this thread, the site pinned my location within a block of being accurate, which is right on line with another location based app I have. Good job!
    Forgive me for being ignorant, especially if you've already addressed this earlier in the thread, but one thing I've noticed is that the new key I generated for my phone only seemed to work once, and its location has not updated since 9:23 A.M. this morning. I sort of expected to see that key when I reopened the app, but instead had a brand new randomly generated key. I think I made a mistake a couple of times of retyping my "personally chosen from earlier" key into the app with the mistaken impression that I was "signing in." I don't know if this affected the phone's ability to be tracked, but thought I'd mention it. I did do a restart on the phone about two hours after installing the app, but my "personally chosen" key still hasn't updated. Thanks for your patience for what I'm sure are my own mistakes.
    After updating the text box, click outside of it. This should save your key.
    After updating the text box, click outside of it. This should save your key.
    it worked! You rock the party that rocks the house!
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Love your program, and cant wait to see how the history will work... my question is, does anyone else get a weird framing issue on the website when you bookmark a site? It is throwing my significant others, blackberry browser into a funk.... let me know... I have tried it on two different machines using firefox 3.5..
    I think a button inside the app that would allow you to send the web link with your key to someone via email or sms would be awesome and a really easy way to share my location info with friends/family. This way you can update your key and send it only to people you want to see you now.
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by jj2500 View Post
    I think a button inside the app that would allow you to send the web link with your key to someone via email or sms would be awesome and a really easy way to share my location info with friends/family. This way you can update your key and send it only to people you want to see you now.
    I agree. It could launch a new email with the code already in the subject. You could then select who you would like to send it to.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I agree. It could launch a new email with the code already in the subject. You could then select who you would like to send it to.
    +1
    Steve
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Love it. This may be asking too much but I see this as the perfect "uh no, lost my phone" app. The app has everything in place except security. I'd like to pin protect my code at the very least.

In a perfect world I'd love to be able to send a txt msg to my phone to enable the pin lock screen so that no one can access my personal info.

It may be "pie in the sky" but would be cool.
    Last edited by atoy74; 09/23/2009 at 06:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    So with this app can i make it so i can just request the phones location off of the website instead of having to have my phone update every 10 minutes?
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by danstah View Post
    So with this app can i make it so i can just request the phones location off of the website instead of having to have my phone update every 10 minutes?
    Hmmm... I'm not sure if you could "Push" a request to your phone. Something to look into!
  18.    #158  
    2 things!

1. I update the website again. I made the top ads and logo take up less space. So if your screen resolution is the typical 1280 x 1024 (I think that's typical) you shouldn't have to scroll to view your map.

2. On a slightly more "neat-o" note, I looked into how hard it would be to add an button to email/text your link to people. The good news is it is VERY easy in Web OS. It is in the next build already that will be released very soon. For now, here are some teaser screenshots.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by geiger; 09/24/2009 at 01:44 PM.
    2 things!

1. I update the website again. I made the top ads and logo take up less space. So if your screen resolution is the typical 1280 x 1024 (I think that's typical) you shouldn't have to scroll to view your map.

2. On a slightly more "neat-o" note, I looked into how hard it would be to add an button to email/text your link to people. The good news is it is VERY easy in the Palm OS. It is in the next build already that will be released very soon. For now, here are some teaser screenshots.
    Maybe I am paranoid but could you maybe have a temp key that expires after a set time? What I mean is I do not want anyone to know my actual key but still want them to know my location.

So I could have the Pre app generate a temp key and Email it out that works on the site but would expire after a time I specify like one day, or even one hour? A stay alive time I can set if you will.

My main, master key, would of course always work. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Geiger,

I think you mean WebOS, Palm OS is something very old and different entirely