Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    If I have Cell Stalker set to run in the background on my phone and I reboot the phone, do I need to launch it again or will it load on startup? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    From what I understand... It runs in the background right from the install. No need to have the card open. Just make sure the "Locator" option is toggled "On". A reboot should not effect it's state.
    Reboot DOES affect this alpha release because the key does not stick

(generates new keys after every reset)

So you need to open up the card and re-enter your key (or get a new key)
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    If I have Cell Stalker set to run in the background on my phone and I reboot the phone, do I need to launch it again or will it load on startup? Thanks!
    There is a bug that the key resets when the phone is reset. This will be addressed shortly. After that you shouldn't have to relaunch.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Yeah, my client says its updating (key is correct) and the map page says it got updated recently but the map and coordinates are where I was last nite.
    Your DB is all messed up man. I am now seeing my location as near a Mamonth Cave National Park. I looked it up, I have never been to Kentucky. ii
    Last edited by Paladin; 09/21/2009 at 11:30 AM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    like the app and the name... good work man
    I'm seeing results off by nearly 2000 miles.
    no 'Thanks'
    I've noticed, sometimes if you're using an Airave it throws off the GPS coordinates by quite a bit..
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    hey not sure what happened, but my position is not updating anymore. going on 1 hour and website shows time from an hour ago. FYI. looking forward to your upgrades dude!
    Quote Originally Posted by willsurg View Post
    hey not sure what happened, but my position is not updating anymore. going on 1 hour and website shows time from an hour ago. FYI. looking forward to your upgrades dude!
    Seems like i need a new key to get a new location, my first location was on for about an hour..
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    My location is off by about 20 miles.
    According to google maps and my gps my location is:
    Latitude: 40.7694969, Longitude: -83.8235482 (Ada, Ohio)
    according to your website my location is:
    Coordinates:38.24429333, -77.21906483 (somewhere in Virginia)

Your website was showing correct information until Saturday evening...something in the way that your site is calculating the information must have changed.
    Last edited by Metroguy2; 09/21/2009 at 01:12 AM. Reason: typo
  14.    #134  
    My location is also off more now than before. This will take a little while to look into it.

Thanks for bearing with me and remember that this isn't even Beta yet. (It's Alpha)

Also thanks for keeping things positive and constructive!

I am guessing that the positions are off because of using WIFI or CellTower positioning. Will post again when I have more info.
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by geiger View Post
    ...I am guessing that the positions are off because of using WIFI or CellTower positioning. Will post again when I have more info.
    I was wrong! In my weekend rush to get the interactive maps, I made a super silly mistake in the most recent location selection script.

In other words. The phone side was working correctly, the website was not.
    Everything seems to be working *GREAT* again...thanks for fixing the issue and more importantly, for creating the application.
    For an Alpha app, this has had very few issues and you should be able to progress with it on a fairly rapid pace. Especially with the way people have been taking to it. I am sure you will receive many donations.
    Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    It was corrected this morning, but it seems the error has come up again.

My location is off by abt 20 miles.
    This is a really great app, and I appreciate the time you're putting in here. Especially for an alpha release, I'll put up with a block tolerance!
  19.    #139  
    A new IPK is available. If 1 or 2 of you can confirm the version notes below.

version 0.0.2
    1. The key "Should NOT" be lost after phone reset.
    2. Your location "Should" be updated on first run.
    3. Added Latitude and Longitude to screen.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Confirmed. Working great.
    Thanks
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast