Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    "Last Updated" seems to still be about 30 min into the future

Server time still not right?

Edit: Oops..no...server time is EST, I'm in CST.
    Last edited by ssrjazz; 09/18/2009 at 11:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by egretman View Post
    This is so great!

I can now leave my phone at home and go off with my girlfriend while my wife is at work.

I love this country.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The land of opportunity.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    My location is off by about 20 blocks, but otherwise proof of concept confirmed. Great job.
    Downloaded and went to website- it works, but I am also over a mile away from where it says I am.
    Steve
    This is great. Wife & I have been paying $5 a month for Sprint's Family Locator option. It works well, but not well enough for $5 IMO. Its not as accurate as it should be & most times tracks us in a range of like 200 yards or so. Even though we both have Pres with GPS on all the time. Kinda unacceptable IMO.

So great job! BTW, could you make a toggle where we can set the "track time" ourselves?? Be cool if we could set it to track faster than every 10 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    Can't wait to try this out...
    How bout an option for those of us with our own web-servers? That could also take the load off your own server.
    That would totally rock.. I'd love to incorporate the map/tracking into a web page.
    Quote Originally Posted by InIlIoN View Post
    ya i dont no why people have a problem with the name i like it. its just a websites, and it does what it says. its stalks your phone... not much to it. its not like its stalking someone else. or is it?
    Or if you're like me, and can never remember stuff, I just setup a redirecting subdomain to go to the page with my key.. works good for me now..
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    This is an awesome app! Thank you!

Aside from having the cookie last through resets, the only thing I'd add is the ability to see where my Pre has traveled over time. I'd pay for that feature.

Thanks Geiger for such a cool app!
  8. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    +1 for running on our own servers.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Geiger-

I have a new app suggestion for you. I created a thread for it here,
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1904507 and would love it if you might be interested in undertaking it?
    Steve
    The coordinates are not updating. They are from my work location but the map is my current one.

Can you provide a link for us to Google maps that takes us to the full map!
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Does the web page have an auto refresh? That would be a nice feature as well.
  12.    #112  
    The map is now interactive!

You can now Click and drag the map as well as scroll in and out using your mouse roller.
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Does the web page have an auto refresh? That would be a nice feature as well.
    The map page should update every 10 minutes now. Just leave it open and it should work.
  14. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geiger View Post
    The map is now interactive!

You can now Click and drag the map as well as scroll in and out using your mouse roller.
    wooooooooot
    This is cool, but the background service keeps turning itself on. Even if I don't interact with the app at all. I noticed because I have auto locate off and I get dashboard entries about not being able to find my location.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    It was working for me yesterday , but today it stuck in the same place from last night and I am about twenty miles that location.....so....
    Pre says last Update 08/19 20:47.
    Page says: Last Updated At: Sep 19 2009 8:24PM
    Still showing my work location. I am not at work
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    The webpage suddenly started showing me in Virginia but I am in Ada, Ohio.
    It's been working fine until this evening.
    When I check my location using the google map application on the phone, it shows the correct location for me, but Cellstalker is not.
    For me the app shows last update 8/19/200920:40:03

The website shows last update Sep 18 2009 4:09PM

Location is off by about a quarter mile.
    I was thinking about buying a SPOT tracker for when I go on long distance motorcycle rides, I think I'll just use this instead! This is awesome!
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast