Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    How come this app couldn't have come out two freaking days ago. Before my pre was stolen!
    Quote Originally Posted by lilrod2nv View Post
    How come this app couldn't have come out two freaking days ago. Before my pre was stolen!
    maybe the s-bird that took it will install it, that way he can get it back if stolen again. any consolation?

i've only had my pre in one place since installing, so maybe my question is moot, but: anyway to make the map show you where the pre has been, as well as where it currently is?

+1 for hiding the app.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    hey has anyone else noticed that a personalized key does not survive a reset? If i go to the icon device info and choose reset, obiviously the least drastic one, this program re-assigns a new key.

could someone else re-confirm this or do i have too many hacks on my pre, lol!
    Yup confirned.

Resets, will generate a new key
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbygbreeze View Post
    The entire makeup of the app is fantastic. Right now i'm still not being able to track my phone though; I'm still getting the whole "That is not a valid key..." message. I still give you the "AAA" (Absolute Awesome App).

Quick question:
    Do I have to stand outside or have the app card open for the first initial 10 minutes ? its going on about 45minutes now that I have had the card closed.
    I see a couple people are curious why they have to wait 10 minutes.

The app is currently set to update your location every 10 minutes. The first time the app runs it schedules the first update. I think I should add this to the suggestion list to update your location the very first time.
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    This is a cool idea.

I like the thought of making the first 10 data points be stored for free and more for a fee.

Like others I am really concerned about the name. At some point someone's spouse will find the app with this name on their spouses phone and think they are being stalked. You would never be able to explain a program with this name to the police. If you are trapped with this domain name, at least change it to CellsTalker.com. Anything but stalker.

You have a thousand people using it now. Someone will get in trouble for the name before the weekend is over.

When you remove the app, does it also remove the background service?

- Craig
    Feel free to share your stories! I may post them as testimonials.
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by ReyRey View Post
    Love it,

It would be nice to have this application not shown in the launcher and accessed with a code like the DeveloperMode application (UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A START) Something similar, that way if phone is lost/stolen they canít even see it or turn it off.
    If anybody knows of a way to hide an icon feel free to post it here or PM me.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by lilrod2nv View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that buddy!

I think in WebOS version 1.12 there is a remote shutdown.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by willsurg View Post
    hey has anyone else noticed that a personalized key does not survive a reset? If i go to the icon device info and choose reset, obiviously the least drastic one, this program re-assigns a new key.

could someone else re-confirm this or do i have too many hacks on my pre, lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Yup confirned.

Resets, will generate a new key
    Thanks guys! Right now it stores the key in a cookie. Have to see how to persist that key or to store it in the file system.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Geiger,

Should be able to make a small prefs db. That would give you the most flexibility I would think.
  11.    #91  
    HTTPS is now enabled although it doesn't have a link.

Just change the HTTP of any page to HTTPS.
    is there a way to see where my pre will be in the future?
    im sure it know! it knows everything!

Keep up the great work!
    I noticed that the key is not case sensitive. Is there a way that it can be make to be case sensitive on the web site?

Thanks
  14. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I gotta say, this really is awesome, great work!
  15. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Name suggestion in regards to the previous comments:

If it's not taken, DudeWheresMyPre would be good. No Stalking in the name. Even though I like cellstalker.
    I can load Google Maps and cut past the coordinates you now provide (thanks BTW) into it to see a much better map. Is there any way to just have this on your front page or automatically put those coordinates into a Google Maps link?

Instead of using your servers time can you use the time sent from the Pre instead?

i was also thinking that the GPS probably reported closer before I went into my work's garage. I cannot get a GPS signal from work so it is way off now. Maybe keep the last few readings? Maybe have an average link? I am just brain storming here... ii

BTW You can keep the Cell Stalker name, I view it as you are stalking your own phone, not a person.
    Last edited by Paladin; 09/18/2009 at 10:30 AM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geiger View Post
    HTTPS is now enabled although it doesn't have a link.

Just change the HTTP of any page to HTTPS.
    very cool. Will you be updating the Pre app to post via https as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I can load Google Maps and cut past the coordinates you now provide (thanks BTW) into it to see a much better map. Is there any way to just have this on your front page or automatically put those coordinates into a Google Maps link?

Instead of using your servers time can you use the time sent from the Pre instead?

i was also thinking that the GPS probably reported closer before I went into my work's garage. I cannot get a GPS signal from work so it is way off now. Maybe keep the last few readings? Maybe have an average link? I am just brain storming here... ii

BTW You can keep the Cell Stalker name, I view it as you are stalking your own phone, not a person.
    ya i dont no why people have a problem with the name i like it. its just a websites, and it does what it says. its stalks your phone... not much to it. its not like its stalking someone else. or is it?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Downloaded yesterday and have had a some time to tinker around with it today. Overall, very nice idea, so nice in fact that you will more than likely by denied admission to the official app store since this essentially does what the $5/month family locator service that Sprint offers does. I hope I'm wrong since it would appear that you are very open to suggestions from the end user, but I guess we'll see. The one question I did have regarding multiple users with the same password has already been asked. Keep up the good work man, and good luck!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Can you just see where you are or can you also see where you've been? If my son is using my phone it'd be nice to just click and see all of the places he's been and not just where he currently is.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast