Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by egretman View Post
    This is so great!

I can now leave my phone at home and go off with my girlfriend while my wife is at work.

I love this country.
    LOLOLOLOL

"What a good boy, he's at home!"
    Quote Originally Posted by geiger View Post
    Yes, I've noticed the same thing sometimes. From the same exact spot on my desk it sometimes tells me almost exactly. Other times it is a block or 2 off. It's the GPS chip, not the software. I wonder how the Pixi's GPS will compare.
    It's not the GPS chip. If you do not have a clear view of enough satellites to get a good fix, the Pre looks for the nearest cell tower and reports this as your position. This is the same as the "My Location" feature on the Centro and other devices.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    ...Your last update time is off on the server. it does not match my Pre's Last updated time. Your server says it is about 18 min in the future. ii
    I just noticed that as well. The server's clock was ahead. It's been corrected.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
    It's not the GPS chip. If you do not have a clear view of enough satellites to get a good fix, the Pre looks for the nearest cell tower and reports this as your position. This is the same as the "My Location" feature on the Centro and other devices.
    Thanks for the info! Good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by grantroot View Post
    Great app idea! A couple of things...
    - The Google map on the Cellstalker web page isn't very manipulable. I wanted to zoom in to the few blocks immediately around my location, but clicking to zoom hardly made any difference. Are there a few more controls you could enable on the Google map?
    Sorry; I hadn't seen your last post when I posted this suggestion.
    This is pretty awesome!!

Just a suggestion when it comes to the money side of things:

Why not let people pay to keep more then 10 updates? That way there is basic functionality for the people that want to try it out, and advanced featrues for people who want to utilise it more. It wouldn't require any changes on the client side of things as well!

Just my thoughts
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by grantroot View Post
    Great app idea! A couple of things...

- When pressing "Generate New Key", the key often has the word "undefined" embedded in it.

- The Google map on the Cellstalker web page isn't very manipulable. I wanted to zoom in to the few blocks immediately around my location, but clicking to zoom hardly made any difference. Are there a few more controls you could enable on the Google map?
    Hmmm... gotta find why that key error is happening. Probably an array indexing problem.

The Google map will be improved to the more fun one in the very near future.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    This is pretty awesome!!

Just a suggestion when it comes to the money side of things:

Why not let people pay to keep more then 10 updates? That way there is basic functionality for the people that want to try it out, and advanced featrues for people who want to utilise it more. It wouldn't require any changes on the client side of things as well!

Just my thoughts
    A good suggestion all around. I HATE it when apps make you pay with no trial!
    Still need to figure out if this going to pay for itself. Right now I'm just going around and adding little features as people request them.

I'm really happy that this app is working as well as it is. That's why I made the version 0.0.1 because I thought it would be splotchy.
    I agree and I agree!

I will be re-examining the more advance Google Maps API. It feels better when you can zoom and drag the map.

I too was hesitant about the name, but my immature sense of amusement got the better of me. We can change this down the road if need be.
    Sweet deal. I'm glad you're gonna work on this and improve this.

Exactly. When I think of stalking, I think of wednesday nights on facebook, not really my cellphone

Good luck.
    If you put a PayPal donation button on the main app page (or wherever), I'll be glad to donate for this app.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    ...Can you also display the coordinates on the screen as well for us?...
    Yes I can.

ADDED
    When I put in the code I keep getting an error ....what 10 minutes...but I've been waiting about 2 hours....any suggetions?
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    My fix is dead on. I was outside though.
    ads by google! im down with ads
    This is a really cool application and I know we all appreciate all of the work that you have put into it.. Also all the others that have submitted apps.

I have been waiting for someone to come up with something similar with the pre. I do know know if you are interested in doing another app, but something very similar could be used for us Pre users with the SpotterNetwork.org. But we use GPS and google maps to keep track of Individuals that we have out Spotting Severe weather for the National Weather Service. I think the iphone has an app, now and blackberries are being worked on, but it would be nice to have a WebOS version.

Let me know if you are interested and I will get you the name of the person that is in charge of Spotter Network.

Again.. this app ROCKS!!!!!!!
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by chisolmy View Post
    When I put in the code I keep getting an error ....what 10 minutes...but I've been waiting about 2 hours....any suggetions?
    Is your phone roaming? If so, it might not be able to update. PM me and should be able to work through this.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by InIlIoN View Post
    ads by google! im down with ads
    Thanks for your support. Unfortunately ads are nature of the beast. Thanks for not hating on me!
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by NCZman View Post
    This is a really cool application and I know we all appreciate all of the work that you have put into it.. Also all the others that have submitted apps.

I have been waiting for someone to come up with something similar with the pre. I do know know if you are interested in doing another app, but something very similar could be used for us Pre users with the SpotterNetwork.org. But we use GPS and google maps to keep track of Individuals that we have out Spotting Severe weather for the National Weather Service. I think the iphone has an app, now and blackberries are being worked on, but it would be nice to have a WebOS version.

Let me know if you are interested and I will get you the name of the person that is in charge of Spotter Network.

Again.. this app ROCKS!!!!!!!
    I'm definitely interested down the road. I want to get this as stable as possible first then add in more and more functionality.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Pretty freakin sweet!
    Thanks for your support. Unfortunately ads are nature of the beast. Thanks for not hating on me!
    ads are way cool man. now if u can get some location sensitive ads! you would be in good hands making this app free forever and ever.

just think of text at the top of your map saying, shop at target just two blacks north from your current position! bam! money!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast