Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    cellstalker has stopped updating my location again. it stopped about 24 hours ago. Coincidentally the last time it reported must have been right after i turned the phone off and pulled the battery to reset it. Upon turning the phone back on, the app didn't report. My auto locate is turned off the app usually requests the service, and I allow it, and it typically works fine.

Geiger, you have my key in your email if you need it; I'm posting here to see if anyone else has had a similar problem

Also, I want to suggest an option for the app: you're able to select frequency of update in future versions. how about also adding a forced update (manual update button). May help restart the cellstalker service in cases like mine
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Geiger, any future updates you're working on? Seems that 1.2 killed the app functionality.
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by JBH613 View Post
    Geiger, any future updates you're working on? Seems that 1.2 killed the app functionality.
    I'm not sure what you mean. In my tests, the app is working fine. I ran it on 1.2 and 1.2.1

In WebOS there isn't an idea of "Auto Start Services". Background applications actually schedule "Alarms" in the future. These should still work if the phone is turned off during the alarm as the alarm should happen after the phone is turned back on.

If you can provide more specifics, we should be able to find out what is happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by geiger View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. In my tests, the app is working fine. I ran it on 1.2 and 1.2.1

In WebOS there isn't an idea of "Auto Start Services". Background applications actually schedule "Alarms" in the future. These should still work if the phone is turned off during the alarm as the alarm should happen after the phone is turned back on.

If you can provide more specifics, we should be able to find out what is happening.
    hey geiger,

having the same problem. Functionality STOPPED about a week ago. No matter how many times I enter my username (on the website) the map shows your location, not mine. I figured I'd wait a few days and see if the issue had been resolved. All location services and such are working on my phone, so the issue seems to be on the other end.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I have had the same problem about the website NOT finding the most recent post from the cell phone. For me, erasing the cache on the webbrowser takes care of this problem!!. erase the cache and then reload the page and see if that works.

-will
  6.    #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by willsurg View Post
    I have had the same problem about the website NOT finding the most recent post from the cell phone. For me, erasing the cache on the webbrowser takes care of this problem!!. erase the cache and then reload the page and see if that works.

-will
    Thanks Will! Can anybody else confirm if that works?

The location updates work by sending your coordinates via an Ajax request. If for some reason it's caching those requests, which doesn't make sense, I will have to find a work around.

Thanks for all your feedback. If we fix this update, we are almost ready for Beta.
  7.    #207  
    Update: Testing out Minute Updates. I am going to try running flexible updates on my phone for a short while and see if I have them working. If so, you can expect a new build VERY shortly.
  8.    #208  
    Testing v.0.0.4 - Last of the Alpha
    I am testing the version of the software that I am about to put up here. Just giving it an hour or so of updates to see how it performs.

There are some bug updates, the NEW stuff is below.

New Updates Will Include
    1. Secure Logging - Nobody can sniff your location updates
    2. "Show My Location Button" - A button to launch a map of your location.
    3. VARIABLE UPDATES - You can set the update frequency to 1,2,3,5,10,15,20,30,45 or 60 minute intervals.
    4. Timezone Reporting - Untested, but the timezone that the site shows should be the same timezone as your phone.
    5. Increased Accuracy - Highly inaccurate locations should be tossed out.
  9.    #209  
    Version 0.0.4 Appears Stable. If there aren't significant bugs, it will move to Beta in the next update.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Hello, are you planning to allow more than 10 map points at a time? I am willing to pay for more updates. Thanks
  11.    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by lasercomp View Post
    Hello, are you planning to allow more than 10 map points at a time? I am willing to pay for more updates. Thanks
    Absolutley!

The paid version will have a history log too with possible Address Lookup.
    Quote Originally Posted by geiger View Post
    Absolutley!

The paid version will have a history log too with possible Address Lookup.
    Any ideas on what we'd be dealing with in terms of pricing on the paid version? Will there be a free version and if so how limited will the functionality be?
  13.    #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeNipples View Post
    Any ideas on what we'd be dealing with in terms of pricing on the paid version? Will there be a free version and if so how limited will the functionality be?
    It's going to be much cheaper than Sprint's $5 per month, that's for sure. There will be a trial or free version.

The functionality all depends on demand "Within Reason". We're all captialists, but I want EVERYBODY to be able to use this without batting an eye.
  14. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Hi there, I have entered my KEY and it's telling me it's an invalid KEY...

And is there going to be a way to do a setup where your KEY stays the same, a login/pw situation?
    Last edited by ame; 10/08/2009 at 11:04 AM.
  15.    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    Hi there, I have entered my KEY and it's telling me it's an invalid KEY...

And is there going to be a way to do a setup where your KEY stays the same, a login/pw situation?
    Feel free to PM me the key and I will look.

Now you have 2 options. You can check using your private or public key. Public keys will be read only so you can give it away and not have to worry about anybody spamming you.

A random 8 digit key has 2,821,109,907,456 different possibilities. Not only is it your username, it's also your password. As of version 0.0.4 you should keep your private key private and only share your public key.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    so far so good, I have not noticed any problems and the frequent updates appear to be working. only problem that still exists is the sometime random location posted but not sure that the program or just the darn phone having a stroke.
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by willsurg View Post
    so far so good, I have not noticed any problems and the frequent updates appear to be working. only problem that still exists is the sometime random location posted but not sure that the program or just the darn phone having a stroke.
    Yes, the program now reports how accurate each location "ping" is. We then weed out ones that are drastically off. However, the Pre sometimes gets very accurate locations BUT thinks they aren't that accurate. Hopefully I can figure this out on the website side of things. More details to follow!
    I am unsure why, but my wifes Pre location is still stuck at the San Fran Airport from last week when she was there. I even removed the app, and re downloaded it and still on my phone browser, or our safari browser it still shows up there. Meanwhile MY pre is showing its location. I cleared the cache on both phones, and the Safari browser and still nothing.
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    I am unsure why, but my wifes Pre location is still stuck at the San Fran Airport from last week when she was there. I even removed the app, and re downloaded it and still on my phone browser, or our safari browser it still shows up there. Meanwhile MY pre is showing its location. I cleared the cache on both phones, and the Safari browser and still nothing.
    What does Google Maps come back with for a location?
    It is showing the ceo location OR it shows when my wife was at the San Fran airport waiting to take off to texas fri afternoon. i just retried again and it just showed the CEO location again using my wifes key
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast