Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Great job on this app. I just downloaded it and it looks great.

Is it possible to have the app update more frequently based on how fast the phone is traveling? This way it continues to do well on preserving battery life when we are stationary, but produces more way points when we're driving.

Also, I agree with the poster a few posts up that suggested adding a force locate button so that we can create our own way points.

Thanks for making this app, I'm really looking forward to using it.
    Love the app for it's progress and what it can do!
    Quick Note:

Your time is set in Eastern time (website). Possible to push the phone's timestamp or match the zone?

Thanks
    The app was working great for me until I upgraded to the newest version (to my knowledge). I uninstalled the app using preware, and reinstalled with the same. It seemed to have autofilled my last tracking key. The last time it updated my location according to the website was 5 days ago, but my phone says Last update: and is blank.

I'm "clicked" off of my key, so that's def not the issue.

2nd issue, when visiting the website from a PC, my tracking map pops up correctly with the correct info above the map (last updated and coords). When visiting from my pre, the last updated info is correct, and i believe the coords are as well but, it's showing the default map.
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by saltytostitos View Post
    Love the app for it's progress and what it can do!
    Quick Note:

Your time is set in Eastern time (website). Possible to push the phone's timestamp or match the zone?

Thanks
    I agree. Will add this soon. Updated the main post to keep track of this.
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonpossible View Post
    The app was working great for me until I upgraded to the newest version (to my knowledge). I uninstalled the app using preware, and reinstalled with the same. It seemed to have autofilled my last tracking key. The last time it updated my location according to the website was 5 days ago, but my phone says Last update: and is blank.

I'm "clicked" off of my key, so that's def not the issue.

2nd issue, when visiting the website from a PC, my tracking map pops up correctly with the correct info above the map (last updated and coords). When visiting from my pre, the last updated info is correct, and i believe the coords are as well but, it's showing the default map.
    There have been a couple of people with this issue however I need your key (PM Me, don't post it here) to be able to track it down.
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by timbtimb View Post
    Great job on this app. I just downloaded it and it looks great.

Is it possible to have the app update more frequently based on how fast the phone is traveling? This way it continues to do well on preserving battery life when we are stationary, but produces more way points when we're driving.

Also, I agree with the poster a few posts up that suggested adding a force locate button so that we can create our own way points.

Thanks for making this app, I'm really looking forward to using it.
    Just added "Cached updates" and "Frequency" to my list of short term To-Do's.
    That way it will only update when it has changed positions. Also we will try out updating it every 1-30 minutes (You'll be able to select your frequency).
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by lvd View Post
    looks great. if the phone is reset, does the location service restart automatically? also, deleting the app does not require the password. unfortunately those are both easy bypasses of the password feature
    Most definitely easy for us. Not for most people. Hide the icon on the second or 3rd screen and they probably will never know it's installed.
  8.    #188  
    FYI: I added a crucial database index just now.
    Pages should load much, much quicker now.
    Great app!

A couple of thoughts: 1) Name change. I added this to my wife's Pre and she went off on why I was stalking her. Not five minutes later she asked me to find somewhere she could eat and using your service I found her a restaurant in under a minute. I would be willing to donate for a new name/domain.

2) Would it be possible NOT to update if the location is still within the gps accuracy of the previous reading?

10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalNight View Post
    Great app!

A couple of thoughts: 1) Name change. I added this to my wife's Pre and she went off on why I was stalking her. Not five minutes later she asked me to find somewhere she could eat and using your service I found her a restaurant in under a minute. I would be willing to donate for a new name/domain.

2) Would it be possible NOT to update if the location is still within the gps accuracy of the previous reading?

Noted. #2 is what I call "Cached Updates" and is to be added in the next version.

#1 seems to have been requested more than once. Perhaps a name change will be a good idea when this is taken out of Alpha.
  11.    #191  
    REQUEST: I am getting the database ready to note your timezone so that I can show your timezone correctly. Please let me know if you find any odd time related issues (other than time being in eastern standard time)
  12.    #192  
    I just realized that the map does not show correctly in WebOS browser. Fix coming soon.
    Just installed, Says:

Location Service OFF at the bottom, does this matter, and do I have to have Location Services on in the WebOS for this to work?
  14.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Just installed, Says:

Location Service OFF at the bottom, does this matter, and do I have to have Location Services on in the WebOS for this to work?
    Yes, you must turn Location Services "On" for the GPS to work.
    the timestamp was wrong for me last night. on the website, it showed up as being 4 hours earlier than when it says in the app on the pre. the time on the pre app is correct. i'm in EST, if it matters.
    I have all location services turned on and GPS too...keeps showing me being about 1-1.5 miles away from my actual location. The Where is my Pre app is a hit and miss (3 times - one hit me, 2 missed by about a mile). This type of app definitely has major limitations if you are trying to locate your phone...gotta check 1-2 mile radius. Hopefully it will get better with updates and with updates to the WebOS.
    more specifically, the map has the wrong timestamp. the text above that says "last updated" has the correct time, but on the embedded map, it's 4 hours earlier.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I use the Airave in my home and it seems that this could be the reason for my location appearing to move even when I haven't left the house.
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    I have all location services turned on and GPS too...keeps showing me being about 1-1.5 miles away from my actual location. The Where is my Pre app is a hit and miss (3 times - one hit me, 2 missed by about a mile). This type of app definitely has major limitations if you are trying to locate your phone...gotta check 1-2 mile radius. Hopefully it will get better with updates and with updates to the WebOS.
    Does Google Maps show you in the same location as Cell Stalker?
  20.    #200  
    Web updates!
    No Ads on Pre! - While looking at my Google Analytics, it seems 1/3rd of all visitors are viewing the page via their Palm Pre. You spoke, I listened. The ads AND header are now hidden when viewing through your phone. The map looks MUCH nicer by default.

Secondly, some minor website bugs have been fixed. (The time should now be showing correctly for EST. The next release will show the correct timezone of the phone)