Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 66
  1. #21  
    Alt-sym-r resets.

    In terms of power saving... How much better life are people getting from turning gps off?
  2. jalepore's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #22  
    Great app.. thanks..
    + 1 on a user customizable power app..

    thanks again
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus View Post
    Alt-sym-r resets.

    In terms of power saving... How much better life are people getting from turning gps off?
    I'm on the third day of an A-B-A test.
    The fact that battery life is mention under the setting should be an indicator.
  4. rigo's Avatar
    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #24  
    Was just going to suggest same thing...a super quick soft reset option.

    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Great, simple app. Vara411's idea is not bad either, to be able to set profiles. On a side note, how difficult would it be to be able to make a soft reset "toggle" that a person would be able to just hit the app button, get a confirmation and presto the pre is resetting? Then a person does not have to go into device info and reset options to reset. Just thought this might be a good idea also. Thanks
  5. pchrist's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #25  
    I like the idea of the profile button! one for in car home and work would be what i would use that would be sweet!!!!
  6. #26  
    this is a great app simple and easy.... But do you thinks its possible 2 create a app were you can monitor your house through like a camera system and have perfect video images. And can you create a app were you can unmask prvt numbers and also mask your number.....
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Great, simple app. Vara411's idea is not bad either, to be able to set profiles. On a side note, how difficult would it be to be able to make a soft reset "toggle" that a person would be able to just hit the app button, get a confirmation and presto the pre is resetting? Then a person does not have to go into device info and reset options to reset. Just thought this might be a good idea also. Thanks
    Reset Toggle: You're the second person that has asked me for this. I'm looking into it. I have to find the luna-send command to reset the phone though (if there is one). If you could get that for me (maybe from someone in the IRC channel? My IRC client is being stupid), I could make the app pretty quickly.
  8.    #28  
    Just FYI, I had no idea people were actually using/wanted this app. :-) I just figured it was easy enough to do and fr4nk1yn had asked for it so I would try.

    As far as the power profiler thing goes... I'm going to keep my responses in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...filer-app.html
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by crenshaw1 View Post
    this is a great app simple and easy.... But do you thinks its possible 2 create a app were you can monitor your house through like a camera system and have perfect video images. And can you create a app were you can unmask prvt numbers and also mask your number.....
    Ummm... no. Not something I'm going to do. Sorry.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Reset Toggle: You're the second person that has asked me for this. I'm looking into it. I have to find the luna-send command to reset the phone though (if there is one). If you could get that for me (maybe from someone in the IRC channel? My IRC client is being stupid), I could make the app pretty quickly.
    Nevermind, I found the command I needed. Are there a couple people who still wanted this, or is pressing "Orange + Sym + R" good enough?
  11. dvdmax's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    #31  
    Can you also make this shut off geotags? I hate that when I need the camera in an instant, it takes geotag sometimes 10 seconds to locate me.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Can you also make this shut off geotags? I hate that when I need the camera in an instant, it takes geotag sometimes 10 seconds to locate me.
    Sorry. If I started doing that it would get complicated. If I have it turn both GPS and Geotag on and off, what if somebody always keeps geotag off? Toggling the gps would turn it on for them. If I add things like preferences and such, it gets a lot more complicated for me to code. Check out the thread vara411 started about a possible "Power Profiler" app. Once that is created, it should be able to do what you want.
  13. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    #33  
    Is this app compatible with the leaked webOS 1.2?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Is this app compatible with the leaked webOS 1.2?
    No idea. I don't have 1.2, and I don't have an emulator running 1.2. I have no way to test it. It won't break anything though, so you're welcome to try it and let me know. Once 1.2 is officially released, I'll make sure all my stuff works with it.
  15. #35  
    Great app. Just my 2 cents: If you do a more "robust" app with profiles: Leave this one alone, it is so clean!
  16. #36  
    Thank you for this app. I usually leave everything off but when I use google maps or anything else that require GPS, I would use this to turn on that feature and wait a few seconds (it does take a time for the GPS to peg you at your location). Plus, I really like how I can turn off GPS without having to go into the actual app.

    This is one app that certainly gives justification to why WebOS should allow us to have "widgets" on the main screen - just like Android. Dare I say. ..."1.3"? LOL
  17. #37  
    I downloaded this app this morning and played with it to see if it would work. It worked perfect turning the gps on, but when I tapped the icon again to turn it off, message keep popping up saying gps is on. Is this normal? Is this app for turning on the gps only and not off? How do I turn gps off using this app?
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by muggax View Post
    I downloaded this app this morning and played with it to see if it would work. It worked perfect turning the gps on, but when I tapped the icon again to turn it off, message keep popping up saying gps is on. Is this normal? Is this app for turning on the gps only and not off? How do I turn gps off using this app?
    It seems to work for everyone else thats tried it... do you have any patches that would affect gps settings?
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    It seems to work for everyone else thats tried it... do you have any patches that would affect gps settings?
    No patches, no rooted pre or anything....just apps downloaded from Homebrew thru Filecoaster....that's it. I had Pandora running while I was trying it out, that's about it.
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by muggax View Post
    No patches, no rooted pre or anything....just apps downloaded from Homebrew thru Filecoaster....that's it. I had Pandora running while I was trying it out, that's about it.
    Never seen that, sorry.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions