Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    ouch, be careful with that new checkmark in the main screen - appears to mark all your feeds as read!
    I had the same thing. Blew away all my unread, so now I'm digging through each feed, one-by-one, to see what I missed.

Other places in the app, "mark all read" is hidden in the menu. Something destructive like this shouldn't be prominent on the home page.

Personally, I find that the placement of things on the screen isn't ergonomic. I appreciate that there are more important things (like fixing folders, which still don't work correctly), but before this hits the app store, I'd like to request that there be a clean-up of where things are located. Bottom of the screen actually works better from an ergonomics standpoint. Destructive stuff should require confirmation. While not perfect, I find Scoop's placement of things to be better.

Other stuff: the new "swipe" gesture is welcome, although it's too slow to be useful.

The notifications are very nice, although what it shows isn't necessarily correct. For example, it said I had 3 new articles in Gizmodo, but it was actually 2 in cnn.com. [Update: It says "You have 3 new unread articles in G..." I don't actually know what "G" is for. If it's the feed name, then there's no point because the name of the feed will never show. I have issues with NewsRoom, but how they show notifications is excellent in that they use a smaller font so that a list of multiple feeds can be shown.]

Still looking for "star" and "unread" (I know you said neither was here), as well as being able to e-mail. I've switched to Scoop only because of these features, which are critical to me.

Not sure if it's me, but performance seems much worse in this version?

Thanks for the update, however. Don't want to sound negative.
    Last edited by squeff; 11/10/2009 at 08:00 AM.
    And just like that, Feeds has recaptured my heart!! Nice updates!
    wow was shocked at all the updates feeds came with!

love the landscape mode option, now we just need that with twee and all is well
    and loading feeds now works properly, used to just load a few when on the all items tab.

best app out there by a mile
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    app performance/responsiveness still seems good to me.
    I don't like this "works until xyz" I will deinstall it. Thanks anyways. Hopefully you can make you money ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I don't like this "works until xyz" I will deinstall it. Thanks anyways. Hopefully you can make you money ;-)
    I think that when an app is in beta it is required to have a expiration date. its not a money thing its a Palm thing. I read somewhere that this is one one of their guidelines.(I could be wrong about that, but I don't think i am).
    It not even gives you a warning about not working any more. It just didn't start any more. No thanks. I can live without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    ouch, be careful with that new checkmark in the main screen - appears to mark all your feeds as read! Other than that, thank you for the update - this is a great app. Would love it if you could add keyboard support for browsing (like we have with the browser mod multi patch):

spacebar - page down
    period - page up
    n - previous feed item
    m - next feed item
    backspace - back to previous feed folder view
    Couldn't agree more, sometimes I just get hacked off constantly having to flick up and down (this applies to all apps) and it would be great to be able to scroll using a hard key....if at all possible. Great app though.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    I had the same thing. Blew away all my unread, so now I'm digging through each feed, one-by-one, to see what I missed.

Other places in the app, "mark all read" is hidden in the menu. Something destructive like this shouldn't be prominent on the home page

yeah. i did the something. Biy, talk about up set by this. I agree that this should be hidden or have a warning pane attached to it. my hope is that it gets changed to a a drop down menu with options which included stared, unread, all read, delete...

otherwise, i agree with the others, this is the very best (and most) used app. Thanks!
    I went to Scoop after it not working for a day. Won't look back for a few months and then I'll see how Feeds is.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I love this app. Certainly missed it when it went down for a couple of days. Google Reader is a great feed repository but it is lousy to view on a mobile. Feeds is so much easier to use on the Pre. Great work!
    Love the app. One note - the app seems to mark posts as read only when I'm looking at an individual feed. When I'm reading posts in "folder view", it leaves them unread in my Google Reader, and I have to go through them again. Any way to fix this?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Personally, I love the check mark. I used to go into the menu all the time to mark all as read. Now, just hit the check mark and away you go. I can understand how this could be accidentally hit though and cause some frustration. Overall, however, I like having the option there.

One thing I noticed, however, is that there is no option to turn off auto-refresh. The longest interval time is 6 hours. I would have liked to see an option to turn off automoatic refreshes altogether. I don't see this option in the Preferences menu. Doesn't the app automatically refresh whenever it is launched anyways?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    One thing I noticed, however, is that there is no option to turn off auto-refresh. The longest interval time is 6 hours. I would have liked to see an option to turn off automoatic refreshes altogether. I don't see this option in the Preferences menu. Doesn't the app automatically refresh whenever it is launched anyways?
    Auto refresh? I see no option for anything called that. What I do see is "Notification Settings." You can turn THAT off by setting "Enable Notifications" to Off. Then, the "Check Interval" is irrelevant.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Auto refresh? I see no option for anything called that. What I do see is "Notification Settings." You can turn THAT off by setting "Enable Notifications" to Off. Then, the "Check Interval" is irrelevant.
    I don't think you're right. When you turn notifications off, the interval option remains. This leads me to think that the phone will continue to refresh at the set interval time but it won't notify you of new feeds. The option to turn off auto-refresh should be in the interval pull-down menu just like the e-mail option to "get" can be set to "manual".

If I'm wrong, maybe someone can fill me in on how to stop the app from refreshing in the background?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    I don't think you're right. When you turn notifications off, the interval option remains. This leads me to think that the phone will continue to refresh at the set interval time but it won't notify you of new feeds. The option to turn off auto-refresh should be in the interval pull-down menu just like the e-mail option to "get" can be set to "manual".

If I'm wrong, maybe someone can fill me in on how to stop the app from refreshing in the background?
    It may have been miscoded, but...

While it's confusing, most developers do it this way. If you turn notifications off, then the interval selector remains active, but isn't used. It's not correct from a UI perspective, but most apps I've seen on the Pre use this convention.

The app makes no claim on an "auto-refresh," so I think you might be reading more into this than is there.

Of course, the app is still beta, so I could be wrong. It could be buggy such that it does what you say.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    It may have been miscoded, but...

While it's confusing, most developers do it this way. If you turn notifications off, then the interval selector remains active, but isn't used. It's not correct from a UI perspective, but most apps I've seen on the Pre use this convention.
    Yeah.....I think you are correct. I think I may be reading too much into the labels here. Your theory makes more sense. If notifications are set to "off" then the Pre will not refresh in the background as there is no point in doing so given that notifications have been set to "off".

Thanks for the help. I probably should have figured it out myself...
    its in the App cat now
    Is it possible to organize folders first and then organize individual feeds?

This will mirror Google reader.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast