Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub-Mad1 View Post
    won't load for me either.
    me too, app won't load and no error-message is displayed...
    Quote Originally Posted by WildDogSmith View Post
    me too, app won't load and no error-message is displayed...
    My symptoms are the same.

Plus FileCoaster falls over when trying to Load the HomeBrew lists. I wonder if this is connected?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Not I either - I assume the beta is deactivated.
    same here!
    so, what happened to my most used app?
    hope it's just an update that's coming, or they prepare it for the official app store.
    Quote Originally Posted by XanomalieX View Post
    same here!
    so, what happened to my most used app?
    hope it's just an update that's coming, or they prepare it for the official app store.
    Me too. I'd gladly pay for this one.
  6. LWI
    thanks for posting this anomaly....
    I was starting to doubt webOS for not loading the app.
    hope Feeds come back soon, this is my daily news reading....
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Not I either - I assume the beta is deactivated.
    I second that notion. It says it will expire October 31st on the mail page. I think the developer just gave some additional slack time. Unfortunately there isn't a new version on here or the catalog so we all are here twiddling our thumbs as we wish it still worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by pROvIs View Post
    I second that notion. It says it will expire October 31st on the mail page. I think the developer just gave some additional slack time. Unfortunately there isn't a new version on here or the catalog so we all are here twiddling our thumbs as we wish it still worked.
    Well done, I'd not noticed that it was time limted.

Lets hope there is a paid-for version coming out soon. Perhaps with 1.3.1
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    best app out there, will purchsse paid one for sure.

just hope eek fixes the loading error on all the feeds at once, it only loads one at a time when looking at all of them.
    Right now, there is 'Scoop' in the App Catalog that supports the Google Reader RSS profile (same as Feeds) for $0.99, but its not fully baked from some of the reviews. Feeds ABSOLUTELY needs to get submitted & approved ASAP!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Right now, there is 'Scoop' in the App Catalog that supports the Google Reader RSS profile (same as Feeds) for $0.99, but its not fully baked from some of the reviews. Feeds ABSOLUTELY needs to get submitted & approved ASAP!
    Price aside, the current version of Scoop adds the ability to "star" articles, like, mark unread, share (using the GR method, not via e-mail), and has a swipe interface. However, it lacks folders, has some rendering issues (apparently caused by having a swipe interface), and you can't read full articles in the browser.

Given that Feeds no longer works, your only option is Scoop. I've been going back-and-forth with the developer of NewsRoom, and they've been adamant that it's not an RSS reader -- it's for a very different audience. So, for those that need an RSS reader (other than web based), Scoop is it for now.
    I'm not jumping until I hear that Feeds isn't just down temporarily. Reading the full article is essential.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Of course, eekfuh hasn't posted anything about Feeds in a month. He's been posting about Twee, although hasn't been around for almost 2 weeks.
    I've been using Feeds since getting the phone. Then all of the sudden it stopped working yesterday. I have no idea what's happening.
    Guys, I don't kn ow if this has been mentioned but I found an AWESOME reader. Believe it or not, the free Newsweek app also allows you to add your own feeds. You have to type them out manually but the interface is great, and ,. well it is free.
    Oh so it was deactivated. Well what a bummer. 'Feeds' is my daily news reader. I sort of thrive off of it. I really don't want to open Akregator if I don't have to.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I agree. Went in to use it this morning and it wouuldn't load.

This is my favorite RSS app!
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Price aside, the current version of Scoop adds the ability to "star" articles, like, mark unread, share (using the GR method, not via e-mail), and has a swipe interface. However, it lacks folders, has some rendering issues (apparently caused by having a swipe interface), and you can't read full articles in the browser.

Given that Feeds no longer works, your only option is Scoop. I've been going back-and-forth with the developer of NewsRoom, and they've been adamant that it's not an RSS reader -- it's for a very different audience. So, for those that need an RSS reader (other than web based), Scoop is it for now.
    I just downloaded Scoop, and it DOES allow you to read the full article. You tap on the 'read more' button and it pops up a small link that you click to open the browser. I have to say, this app is nice with the features squeff mentioned. It just needs to fix the picture rendering issue.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I miss feeds
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I just downloaded Scoop, and it DOES allow you to read the full article. You tap on the 'read more' button and it pops up a small link that you click to open the browser. I have to say, this app is nice with the features squeff mentioned. It just needs to fix the picture rendering issue.
    Depends on the feed. Unless the feed include a "read more" link, you can't do it.