Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    eekfuh, once again great work. The latest updates are great and the bugs are being worked out 1 by 1.
    Keep up the great work.
    I am slowly finding myself reading feeds more and more on my Pre and less on the PC.
    eekfuh, just an FYI the app still will not load more than the 25 most recent posts into the "All Items" feed. It seems to work fine on the individual feeds, but clicking "Load More" will never load more than like 25 posts in "All Feeds".
    So for example when I go into read updates and have 45 new posts, I will never be able to load anything other than the most recent 25 in the "All Items" feed. To read the remaining I am having to go to each individual feed.
    There is an issue with the TamsPalm RSS feed. The headlines are shown, but the contents are blank.

TamsPalm - the Palm OS / web OS Blog
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    eekfuh - enhancement request. In 1.2 you can now copy an image from a web site and save it (the "You can press and hold the orange key/Option and tap a link or image. Options displayed include opening the item in a new card, sharing the link or image via email, or copying the URL. For images in JPG, BMP, or PNG format, an additional option to copy the image to the Photo app is displayed.").

Please add that to the ability to the application.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    After some initial hesitation, I've switched over to using this. My big issue is that I take the subway, where there is spotty and slow data coverage (it's Verizon down there). Interestingly, this app works very well in that environment. Better than any other app, in fact.

Last night, however, when I saw an app in the new catalog that does sync (so I could use even where there is NO data). However, the developer includes little info about the app. In fact, the developer apparently thinks so little of his app that he doesn't even mention it on his own site.

Plus, it's apparently very limited (only 9 feeds!?!).

So, while I was ready to pay my money, I'm sticking with this app. Hopefully, you'll be able to improve it and get it in the catalog. Because it's currently better than what's out there.

Here are a few things, other than local sync, that I've noticed:

* Read messages should not appear, by default. This will help further reduce data transfer needs. Plus, it'll make the "next" button make more sense (right now, it goes it messages that I've already read).

* It's too sensitive when tapping on an image. When I'm trying to scroll, it I touch an image, it launches the browser. It should better differentiate a tap gesture from a tap-and-slide scroll gesture.

* I like Google Reader's ability to see all items in a folder. For example, I have a folder called "News" that has 3 feeds. I just want to see them all. This is a nice-to-have.

* I definitely need the ability to "star" or mark an item. Preference is to have it be a Google Reader star, but even if it has to keep its own list of marked items, that would be fine.

* The ability to e-mail or otherwise share. Not a high priority, but would be nice.

* Mark unread. Must have.

Other than that, great app that I use quite often.
  6.    #86  
    Feeds has been updated to 0.1.1

Forth Update (10/07/09):
    Added Anchor click fix
    Added toggle for all or only unread items.
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    WootOn! - Woot.com Client
    Eliza (for lol's)
    eekfuh,

Are you submitting your app to Palm for the App catalog?
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    eekfuh,

Are you submitting your app to Palm for the App catalog?
    I will be submitting this app eventually.

Btw this release broke the load more button. sorry, will fix tonight.
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    Eliza (for lol's)
    How about being able to read all items in a folder in time sequence, instead of only in individual feeds? That is, if there are 3 feeds in a folder, being able to read the whole folder, like in Google Reader?

Thanks for this, great program.
    eekfuh, I notice that if I apply the "View Unread Items" filter and then Mark all as read, the items that were marked as read will remain visible in the All Items view unless I change the filter to "View All Items" and then back to "View Unread Items". However, if I go to an individual feed, then the posts that were marked as read do not appear.
    Any way to refresh the filter automatically when we select to mark all items as read?

Also, would it be possible to add swipe left/right support to go to the next post? (like in photo album view) I think that would add a more intuitive and natural flow to moving between posts.
    Here is a screen shot after marking all as read, then after about 15 minutes, refreshing the feeds and going back into All Items. The previously read items still appear even though the "Show Unread Items" filter is applied.

12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    eekfuh, I notice that if I apply the "View Unread Items" filter and then Mark all as read, the items that were marked as read will remain visible in the All Items view unless I change the filter to "View All Items" and then back to "View Unread Items". However, if I go to an individual feed, then the posts that were marked as read do not appear.
    Any way to refresh the filter automatically when we select to mark all items as read?

Also, would it be possible to add swipe left/right support to go to the next post? (like in photo album view) I think that would add a more intuitive and natural flow to moving between posts.
    I do like the idea of swipe left and right and was already planning on implementing it.

As for the removing the read ones automatically, Google Reader doesn't do it, and it doesn't feel natural to automatically remove it once its read. That filter is to know what to get from Google, not to know what to show you. I totally understand where your coming from, but I think it could end up being more of an annoyance.
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    Eliza (for lol's)
    Quote Originally Posted by eekfuh View Post
    As for the removing the read ones automatically, Google Reader doesn't do it, and it doesn't feel natural to automatically remove it once its read. That filter is to know what to get from Google, not to know what to show you. I totally understand where your coming from, but I think it could end up being more of an annoyance.
    I think I didn't clearly explain what I was trying to describe. I am not looking for them to automatically diasapear as soon as they are read, but rather when the feed refresh occurs.
    This would provide the same function as Google reader.
    For example, on Google Reader mobile version, I always keep the show:new items filter activated. The All items view shows all unread posts, which remain visible even after being read. However, as soon as I hit the refresh button it polls for new posts, as well as hides read posts.
    Currently in Feeds this same result requires multiple steps: refresh feed, activate show all posts, activate show unread posts.

It would be nice to just hit the refresh feed button and have the read feeds hide based on the filter being active.

Hopefully this makes more sense...
    I can't get my feed items to show as read. They continue to be unread after clicking on them numerous times and also selecting show all as read in the file menu. The only fix is to go into google reader on my laptop and show them as unread.
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    I think I didn't clearly explain what I was trying to describe. I am not looking for them to automatically diasapear as soon as they are read, but rather when the feed refresh occurs.
    This would provide the same function as Google reader.
    For example, on Google Reader mobile version, I always keep the show:new items filter activated. The All items view shows all unread posts, which remain visible even after being read. However, as soon as I hit the refresh button it polls for new posts, as well as hides read posts.
    Currently in Feeds this same result requires multiple steps: refresh feed, activate show all posts, activate show unread posts.

It would be nice to just hit the refresh feed button and have the read feeds hide based on the filter being active.

Hopefully this makes more sense...

Ok I totally get it. Yes I will make that be since that makes total sense and a great idea.
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    Eliza (for lol's)
  16.    #96  
    Fifth Update (10/08/09):
    Fixed Load More button
    On Refresh of Unread items, removes read items
    Added All Items list to folders
    Added preferences to put how many articles to pull at a time.

Thanks for the beta testers for some great input.
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    Eliza (for lol's)
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eekfuh View Post
    Fifth Update (10/08/09):
    Fixed Load More button
    On Refresh of Unread items, removes read items
    Added All Items list to folders
    Added preferences to put how many articles to pull at a time.

Thanks for the beta testers for some great input.
    The new "all items in folder" folder doesn't properly handle reads. If you read (or mark all as read), it doesn't mark as such. If you read within an individual folder, it's not reflected in "all."

Otherwise, a nice update.
    Great App!

thanks
    Nice app, on the way to great.... I'm sure many of these ideas have been mentioned earlier in the forum, but here's my list of improvements I'd like to see:

1. Offline Data. Certainly of the feeds and previews. Ideally of the full page, as well.

2. Add toggle to hide feeds with no unread posts in them (like you did with the posts).

3. Find a different method for opening images. I wind up opening them all the time when all I mean to do is scroll down.

4. Ability to lock rotation. (I'd love this for the web browser, too, FWIW.) Reading in bed can be irritating....

5. There seems to be a memory leak of some kind. I haven't checked the latest version yet, but I had to restart my machine a number of times when I was either loading a large list of posts, or trying to click through cached posts while in airplane mode. (I use airplane mode a lot when I'm on the subway. It seems to save battery....)

6. It doesn't seem to properly sync read items to google, so when I go back to the browser version, everything I've read is not marked as such....

Thanks for the good work.
    Last edited by Sprugman; 10/08/2009 at 04:59 PM.
    (For #3 above, three ideas: 1) left-swipe the image 2) double-tap the image 3) insert a "zoom" link.)
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast