Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eekfuh View Post
    Offline storage will be coming soon... then notifications there after. With offline storage, would you like it automatic or a button that will grab all the current feeds then store them offline for later reading?
    Automatic may slow down the phone.
    Initially, a button would be fine. However, ultimately, having a timer would be great.

The timer could be set to retrieve "every x minutes." Obviously, if someone picks 5 minutes, it will drain battery and really slow phone. Once an hour or two would likely be sufficient for most, I'd think.

Even if there was a timer, there should always be a "get now" button.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I'd prefer offline reading with a button OR on a schedule. i.e. every morning @ 8am (or whatever)
    -m
    I don't know if this has been mentioned (I don't have time to read through every post, stupid test week), but the header on the main page does not stay on top of the other feeds. So when scrolling through the feeds, they will move over the header, which has the refresh button. I am assume this is pretty easy to fix, but it was just a little bug I found.

Love the app so far!
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    how's the memory consumption on this app?

Earlier today I was using feeds to browse the Engadget feed; tried to open a link and got the too many cards message.. (Feeds was the only program open)
    -m
    Quote Originally Posted by eekfuh View Post
    As for the Feed header being transparent, it should not be transparent. Do you have a theme or something else like that installed? It should stay fixed on all Lists, which was a UI decision, so if you tap on it, it will scroll the list to the top. While viewing an article it should scroll and not be fixed.
    This is only an issue on the main page where all subscribed feeds are listed. When you go into any individual feed the header does not do this.
    No theme installed...and it looks like several users are reporting.
    Eekfuh, I notice that I can swipe a post much like in email and a Delete option appears.
    What effect does this actually have in relation to Google Reader?
    Does it actually delete the post? Or simply mark it as read and remove it from the view within Feed Reader?

Update** Looks like it does not actually do anything....if you delete a post and then hit refresh the post comes right back.
    Last edited by azkevman; 09/23/2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Update...
    My pre is currently stock, with only homebrew apps installed. I have removed everything in anticipation of 1.2 being released soon. I still have the transparent header.
    Here are a couple screen shots showing the overlapping header...

9.    #69  
    K I believe I was able to fix it. That screenshot helped a ton!
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    WootOn! - Woot.com Client
    Eliza (for lol's)
    With offline storage, would you like it automatic or a button that will grab all the current feeds then store them offline for later reading?
    scheduled, as a background app, configurable time interval with a default on the order of a few times per day. Also, per feed configuration (like Dr. Podder) would be nice.
    With offline storage, would you like it automatic or a button that will grab all the current feeds then store them offline for later reading?
    scheduled, as a background app, configurable time interval with a default on the order of a few times per day. Also, per feed configuration (like Dr. Podder) would be nice.
    Am I the only one whose "Add Feed' button is disabled?
  13.    #73  
    Feeds has been updated to version 0.1.0 in the homebrew app gallery.

**** Third Update (09/27/09): ****
    Added landscape mode.
    Mark All As Read
    Swipe to delete a Feed.
    Bug Fixes.
    Click and HOLD an image to view full image.
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    Eliza (for lol's)
    The improvements in 0.1.0 are great. I'm having a problem with the click and hold to view an image. It only takes a touch instead of a hold, which gets in the way of scrolling. It still scrolls but gets interrupted by the launching of the image.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews View Post
    The improvements in 0.1.0 are great. I'm having a problem with the click and hold to view an image. It only takes a touch instead of a hold, which gets in the way of scrolling. It still scrolls but gets interrupted by the launching of the image.
    Yeah, I mentioned this to the developer. There has to be a way to fix this, but I don't think he has discovered it yet.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Great improvements on the latest release!

I have found a minor bug though. With the feed below I have 374 unread items on google reader. When i open the feed to view the items it will let me see the first set of feeds, yet when i click Load More (no matter how many times i click it) It won't load anymore items.

Great progression and I look forward to offline reading and notifications in upcoming realeases. This just became my most used program on the pre! Thanks again for your hard work.

AP Top Headlines At 9:19 a.m. EDT
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetdad View Post
    Great improvements on the latest release!

I have found a minor bug though. With the feed below I have 374 unread items on google reader. When i open the feed to view the items it will let me see the first set of feeds, yet when i click Load More (no matter how many times i click it) It won't load anymore items.

Great progression and I look forward to offline reading and notifications in upcoming realeases. This just became my most used program on the pre! Thanks again for your hard work.

AP Top Headlines At 9:19 a.m. EDT

I just added that to my reader and I will see if I can get it to do the same thing to me so i can fix it... thanks for providing the link for the feed btw
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    Eliza (for lol's)
    Nice app. Quick question.

Any way to NOT display items that you've already "read"?

AKA display only the NEW items?
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
    Nice app. Quick question.

Any way to NOT display items that you've already "read"?

AKA display only the NEW items?
    Yes, that is the next feature being added.
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    Eliza (for lol's)
    Instant Thanks for that option!!!!
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast