Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skipwilliams View Post
    I subscribe to one feed called the FDA Law Blog, which displays nicely in Google Reader.

In RSS, the reader shows the headlines, but when you drill down, it shows NO text.

Yes, I'm finding in many of my feeds there is a headline but no other text.
    Too beta for me. Needs folder support, mark all read support, capacity to delete one by one and the ability to delete feeds as a whole.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I'm having problems with some of my feeds. i.e. - this one -

craigslist SF bay area | apts/housing for rent search

In google reader, they're perfect.

On feeds, I can see that there's 20 items, but when I load it, I just see the heading and a down arrow LOAD MORE. (the 20 items are not listed..)

-mark
    There is a lot of potential here.

Things that would make it great are:
    * folder view and the ability to make that the default view
    * mark all as read
    * when showing all feeds sort by latest unread
  5.    #45  
    This application has been updated with the bug fixings.

**** First Update (09/21/09): ****
    Added folder support.
    Fixed bug where content would not show up.
    Added All Items feed.

COMING NEXT:
    Mark all as read (something I personally want!)
    Add new feeds...
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    WootOn! - Woot.com Client
    Eliza (for lol's)
    In new version, if I logout it doesn't let me log in again.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    In new version, if I logout it doesn't let me log in again.
    Go download and install it again. I pushed a new copy (same version number). I somehow messed that up, but the new version has it working.
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    Eliza (for lol's)
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eekfuh View Post
    Go download and install it again. I pushed a new copy (same version number). I somehow messed that up, but the new version has it working.
    The new version opens some feeds that wouldn't open before (such as the precentral forum feeds)

But is still displaying nothing (just says 'load more' when opening other types of feeds such as this one -

(the feed above works great in google reader, but displays blank in Feeds..)

Also needs a button to open the rss feed item on the website - if it's there I couldn't find it..
    -mark
    eekfuh, thanks for the update. It is a good step in progression.
    One big thing lacking on the All Items feed is the name of the feed the post originated from. When deciding if I want to take the time to open a post I would like to see not only a title, but what feed it is coming from.

As you have indicated, having a "Mark all as read" feature is much needed, but IMO, would only be usefull if the above detail was added to the feed list as well.

Also I am finding that if I read a post in the All Items feed when I go back to the list of feeds it shows I have an unread item in a feed I just read. Refreshing the feed list does not always clear out the unread number.

For example I had a new post in my feed for the Official Gmail Blog, which I read in the All items feed. Currently on my feed list it shows I have one unread post in that feed, but when I go into the individual feed there are no unread items. Seems nothing I do will clear the unread post count for that feed.

In all honesty, I beleive that in order for the masses to find this app usefull it is going to need to provide all of the functionality that is currently existing in the mobile web version of Google Reader...and then some (ex: Auto refresh w/ notifications, Local Cache for offline reading, etc...)

Thanks for your work thus far! Look forward to future updates.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Loving the progression on this app, and I'm glad to see you taking people's suggestions. I'd gladly pay for this app from the store if it gets fleshed a bit more

Feature request: Page Turning
    While viewing an article:
    Swiping right-to-left on the main screen would bring you to the next article.
    Swiping right-to-left on the main screen would bring you to the previous article.

When I say "main screen," I simply mean "not in the gesture area"

If I just want to read through my feeds, I don't want to swipe back every time
  11.    #51  
    I do have plans to have a next and previous button so you do not have to swipe back.

As for the All Items unread issue, I should be able to address that pretty easily, but I have not seen that happening, since it works fine on mine.
    I will also add way to be able to see the originating feed to all Items, that is a great idea and I cannot believe I didn't think of it. Thats why I love beta-ing with PreCentral... great users!

Offline storage will be coming, I do have a few hurdles to get across for proper data storage, nothing HUGE but still nothing too easy.
    Auto-refresh with notifications is absolutely on the radar. I plan on adding that to the final version, but probably not into the beta.
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    Eliza (for lol's)
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Oh boy...I just don't get it......

Installed this and entered the link - now how do I save it?
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    As for the All Items unread issue, I should be able to address that pretty easily, but I have not seen that happening, since it works fine on mine.
    I will also add way to be able to see the originating feed to all Items, that is a great idea and I cannot believe I didn't think of it. Thats why I love beta-ing with PreCentral... great users!
    Hi there,

Just add any feed from craigslist and you'll see the feeds not showing up isssue with the latest version - here's mine that I've added to google reader, can't see in Feeds.

..or are you saying the feed above works for you??
    -mark
  14.    #54  
    **** Second Update (09/22/09): ****
    Additional fixes for feeds not loading.
    Added quick previous/next article links.
    Added link to full post (on PodCasts will load up the actual podcast).
    Added Feed Title below Article Title on All Items feeds.

---
    @diomark that CraigsList feed should be working now. I have fixed that exact problem.
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    Eliza (for lol's)
    Wow! Thanks for the fast update! The Previous/Next buttons are awesome....makes the whole experience worlds better. As does the link to the original content post. Also a big thumbs up on adding the Feed name to the title of the post feeds in All Items!!

Here are the bugs I am seeing:

• Upon load I show 65 unread items in the All Items feed.
    • I open the feed and open the first post.
    • I then use the Next button to read each subsequent post
    • After about 25 posts the Next button is no longer available
    • I then swiped back to get to the All Items list view and it press the "Load More" button
    • Only 3 more posts load
    • I then swiped back to get to the main Feeds screen and hit Refresh at the top of the page.
    • The count on All Items now changes to 42
    • I then go back into the All Items feed, and all of the posts that I just read are the only ones showing up.
    • Pressing Load More...does nothing

So it appears that something is still broken in the All Items fetcher.

I am able to see the unread posts by going to each individual feed.

Hope this feedback helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by mugsaway View Post
    Oh boy...I just don't get it......

Installed this and entered the link - now how do I save it?
    If you are referring to being able to add a link to a feed within this app, that feature is not yet active. The developer discusses that on his first post.

Currently you can only add feeds by adding them to your google reader account.
    eekfuh, here are a couple feature requests:

• Option to open directly in All Items feed view, with a link to access all feeds
    • Landscape mode

Oh, also noticed that the main "Feed" header is still transparent and looks weird when scrolling through the feed list, as it stacks the feed text on the main header text...
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts

---
    @diomark that CraigsList feed should be working now. I have fixed that exact problem.
    Confirmed that craigslist items are working now
    BTW - I gotta say I actually like the feeds being managed by google reader.. Hope you can find a way to make those available offline though.

-mark
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    eekfuh, here are a couple feature requests:

• Option to open directly in All Items feed view, with a link to access all feeds
    • Landscape mode

Oh, also noticed that the main "Feed" header is still transparent and looks weird when scrolling through the feed list, as it stacks the feed text on the main header text...
    Landscape mode is coming, probably in the next few releases.
    As for the Feed header being transparent, it should not be transparent. Do you have a theme or something else like that installed? It should stay fixed on all Lists, which was a UI decision, so if you tap on it, it will scroll the list to the top. While viewing an article it should scroll and not be fixed.
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    Eliza (for lol's)
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Confirmed that craigslist items are working now
    BTW - I gotta say I actually like the feeds being managed by google reader.. Hope you can find a way to make those available offline though.

-mark
    Offline storage will be coming soon... then notifications there after. With offline storage, would you like it automatic or a button that will grab all the current feeds then store them offline for later reading?
    Automatic may slow down the phone.
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    Eliza (for lol's)
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast