Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    VERY nice, especially for a 0.01 release. Keep the price reasonable and you have a winner on your hands. (its about time someone came out w an app like this..)

-m
    Loving this thing!!

It definitely looks like it downloads the material when you go to look at it, so offline reading will not work in this iteration. From the looks of some of your feeds, it might take the entire storage to download, so that may not be feasible.

The links (including the pics) seem to be hypersensitive. They disregard the scrolling touch. Also, can we have an option to show oldest unread post last?
    Will wait for a little more advancement on the application. But if its a offline reader, please have a option to show current space used by the application.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Loving this thing!!

It definitely looks like it downloads the material when you go to look at it, so offline reading will not work in this iteration. From the looks of some of your feeds, it might take the entire storage to download, so that may not be feasible.
    I'll plead ignorance here, but... I used to use an app on my Blackberry, which had only a couple GB free memory, called FreeRange. Despite being slightly buggy and being developed by a company that was clearly out of money, it was great. It would go, every so often (you could set the time, I think 30 minutes was the default) and download the titles and abstracts (but not full article text) for all of your feeds. This meant that I could get on an airplane or the subway and have all of the abstracts available from browsing. If I saw an article I liked, I marked it for later full download. Which would automatically happen once I regained data service.

Now, they had their own servers, which massaged the feeds to optimize them for handheld devices (e.g., it may have reduced the size of graphics). So, maybe that's not possible here.

However, this approach worked beautifully in a very small amount of memory.

The popular Viigo, I believe, also worked the same way.

Heck, if pictures were the issue, I'd be fine with an app that only downloaded the text in the abstract until I selected a "load full" (which would require a data connection). I think this is what Free Range did. But, if you did load a full article, it would cache it until the space was needed.

In any case, and I don't mean this to sound critical, but... what does this (or any similar app) really do, if it can't locally sync? There is a good mobile version of Google Reader, so if I need a persistent data connection, why not just use that? The only thing I can think of is: because some people don't like Google's UI and want something simpler? Is that all?
    I've been waiting for an app like this! Stellar.

Can't wait until being able to input RSS feeds manually, and having an option to go offline.

Much potential here
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    How about support for Google reader folders?
    with the integration to google reader would love to have a way to share like I do in the regular google reader. that would be awesome. like the concept of the rss reader.

Thanks
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    I noticed that when trying to scroll down to read the article if I press the image in any way, it opens a card and goes to the website. Makes it difficult to read when an image takes up most of the screen. Don't want to have to keep closing cards.
    I have noticed this too and will try to formulate a proper way to fix it. The problem is that image has an anchor and it's not sure if your clicking on it or not. It's annoying me too
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    WootOn! - Woot.com Client
    Eliza (for lol's)
    Awesome app!! Just what I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by atom00 View Post
    Thanks for working on this.

Any plans to have a sort of aggregate view where I can see all my latest feeds like in google reader. I have 100+ feeds and it's impractical to visit every folder.

Also I don't see a link to go to the original page. Many of these posts are just blurbs and I need a way to get to the original page to read the whole posting

Thanks again
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by gbugler View Post
    How about support for Google reader folders?
    +1

Also, would there be anyway to integrate auto refresh and notifications into the app? For example if I want to be notified anytime there is a new item in a specific feed....that would be awesome.

Again great work on the first release. Look forward to future functionality.
    Finally! An RSS app! Thank you so much!
    I would like to see the ability to email articles also. I do a podcast a frequently send myself articles for the show.

Other than that, great app! Looks great and works well!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews View Post
    Some feeds are showing every posting instead of just the unread ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericwait View Post
    2. Hide read threads
    +1 Definitely would be a nice feature to toggle between unread and all in a feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    2. Have noticed on some sites like precentral.net, it isn't always displaying the most recent post.
    I too have noticed that sometimes the newest post appears in the middle of the thread for a particular feed, rather than appearing at the top of the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Is this simply a front-end to Google Reader? Or does it (will it) sync for offline reading? The "airplane" icon leads me to believe that this will download my feeds (on some scheduled basis) to my Pre, allowing me to read where there is no data (e.g., on an airplane). And then, when I turn data back on, it'll sync what I read back to Google.

Is that right?
    The Airplane Icon simply indicates he has Airplane mode turned on (a function of the Pre...not the app), but he also had WiFi turned on...so there was a data connection at the time of screen capture.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    The Airplane Icon simply indicates he has Airplane mode turned on (a function of the Pre...not the app), but he also had WiFi turned on...so there was a data connection at the time of screen capture.
    So, what does this app do that I can't do with Google Reader?

I know it's still early in the development, but what's the plan that will make this better than just using Google Reader in the browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    So, what does this app do that I can't do with Google Reader?

I know it's still early in the development, but what's the plan that will make this better than just using Google Reader in the browser?
    For me personally (obviously not trying to speak for the OP) it is the potential of what can come from this app if some of the things expressed so far can be coded into it. The web version of reader is great and currently probly the best thing currently available....but any web app will have much more limited functionality when compared to a native app in terms of taking advantage of all that webos offers
    Love this app! So much potential. What great idea to use the Google Reader feed. I love the fact that did not have to go through the hassel of typing in all my feeds. Thank you!
    great app
    some of my feeds are not displaying right.
    I subscribe to one feed called the FDA Law Blog, which displays nicely in Google Reader.

In RSS, the reader shows the headlines, but when you drill down, it shows NO text.

Skip
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast