Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    For some reason I can not buy it from the app catalog. It seems to think I already have bought it and tells me an update is available. I then try to download the update and I get the yellow exclamation point saying "App Catalog is not available". I tried deleting the Beta version first and still have the same problem. I am not at the app space limit. I was able to re-download the beta version from Preware.

If someone can tell me how I can purchase this app it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    For some reason I can not buy it from the app catalog. It seems to think I already have bought it and tells me an update is available. I then try to download the update and I get the yellow exclamation point saying "App Catalog is not available". I tried deleting the Beta version first and still have the same problem. I am not at the app space limit. I was able to re-download the beta version from Preware.

If someone can tell me how I can purchase this app it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
    Same here.
    Jimmie Geddes
    yeah, you gotta delete the feeds you have and then you can download the app.

not sure why eekfuh stopped posting here, but his apps are top notch and as good as they come
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. I uninstalled my current version, restarted luna for good measure and it downloaded fine after that.
    why doesn't "'Load more" work?
    Unfortunately the app is now not longer available in Germany - the Greman Appcatalog ist still beta and boring ...
    Anyone having problems with Feeds not launching today? Seems to have stopped working since last night. Maybe an end-date timer slipped into the paid version? Deleting/re-installing doesn't help and I saw a couple of others mention the problem in another thread. Figured I'd say something in the "official" thread.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Anyone having problems with Feeds not launching today? Seems to have stopped working since last night. Maybe an end-date timer slipped into the paid version? Deleting/re-installing doesn't help and I saw a couple of others mention the problem in another thread. Figured I'd say something in the "official" thread.
    I don't use Feeds (despite having paid for it) because of some critical bugs (that don't exist in Scoop, despite the Feeds author claiming that they can't fix the bug). However, in seeing your message, I gave it a shot and sure enough, it doesn't launch.

Yet another reason not to use Feeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    I don't use Feeds (despite having paid for it) because of some critical bugs (that don't exist in Scoop, despite the Feeds author claiming that they can't fix the bug). However, in seeing your message, I gave it a shot and sure enough, it doesn't launch.

Yet another reason not to use Feeds.

any suggestions? I doctored my phone & lost my free copy. I was going to purchase feeds cause its th only one i've been able to try. Not perfect but works goood w/ google..?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Yes. My paid version is not launching this morning either. I used it last night about 7 pm EST and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    any suggestions? I doctored my phone & lost my free copy. I was going to purchase feeds cause its th only one i've been able to try. Not perfect but works goood w/ google..?
    I prefer Scoop. It lacks an offline mode, but I find that Feed's offline mode isn't useful to me because it doesn't sync back. Scoop also has occasional problems with rendering, although I've found that I can live with it.

It works with Google Reader, just as Feeds does.

Scoop is only 99 cents, so it's a lot cheaper anyway. No trial, though.

There's also NewsRoom. This doesn't work with Google Reader (although rumors are in might in the distant future). It's a very different experience, though. It favors attractiveness and cleaver ways of doing things to placing an importance on the content. It has an excellent offline mode, although there are a few kinks still being worked out. Like Feeds, it's $5. If you want a hardcore RSS reader, NewsRoom is bad. If you want a rich experience to read news and feeds on your Pre, it's actually very nice. Until the latest release, I hated it, but have found that with some features just added, it's really good. However, I still use Scoop for certain types of feeds.

There are two other choices that I know of in the catalog. One is not advertised as an RSS reader, but as a reader for a particular publication (Newsweek, I think, but memory may be wrong). I think it's free. However, it pales in comparison to Feeds, Scoop, and NewsRoom in almost every way, except for price and the fact that it includes Newsweek content.

The other, I forget the name, but it's in the app catalog. Although I've not tried it, it appears behind Scoop and Feeds. Unless the developer plays some serious catchup, I can't see why anyone would us it.

Of course, some like the mobile version of Google Reader. I used it for a while on my Pre and thought it was decent. But it's a matter of taste. And, for me, I dumped it because I ride the subway and it doesn't work there. Even without an offline mode, Scoop works better in the subway.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Yup, mine stopped launching also. Damn...I really like this app! I'm in Canada so still no paid apps available yet.

This is getting old Palm. Out of US users are getting used to using apps and now that these apps are graduating to the app catalog, we foreigners are getting scr**d. I sure hope developers are putting pressure on Palm to open up the worldwide catalog. I sure would like to know what is taking so long.
    Last edited by Quintus; 12/12/2009 at 10:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Yup, mine stopped launching also. Damn...I really like this app! I'm in Canada so still no paid apps available yet.

This is getting old Palm. Out of US users are getting used to using apps and now that these apps are graduating to the app catalog, we foreigners are getting scr**d. I sure hope developers are putting pressure on Palm to open up the worldwide catalog. I sure would like to know what is taking so long.
    /agreed

Palm knows about this issue and are 'working on it' but I am really getting sick of it. Now the Feeds app is added to the list of apps that I cant have because Canada has no paid apps in the store. This is crap. The Pre is useless if I can't get apps for it and I have been waiting months.

I will be switching to android or an iphone if this keeps up and that makes me angry since I do really love me Pre.
    I'm still having problems with this launching and I have the paid version.
    What I don't get is why the latest update is the "final" update. the stinking thing isn't even out of BETA yet and the author is already charging for it and killing the free version? Stupid.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post

I *bought* my copy, but it's not launching either
    -mark
    Paid users got screwed.... This was such a stupid mistake on their part.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Paid users got screwed.... This was such a stupid mistake on their part.
    I don't understand. Is this just a glitch which needs to be fixed by the developer or has the developer abandoned the app?
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    ive been having sthe same problem. Its not the first time though. It just eventually started working again for me. Hopefully that happens again.
    I just check the app catalog and there was an update available. Mine is working again.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast