Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    my game got hung up and wouldnt let go ,hopefully it does not happen again. the ball just sat there and wiggled inside of one of those long bar looking things lol it was amusing except that i was pretty far into the game
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    love it! The one thing that i still kept the dust off my TP was for teeter. Now i can pack it up and put it on the shelve with the rest of the "battalion"! Great game.
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    my game got hung up and wouldnt let go ,hopefully it does not happen again. the ball just sat there and wiggled inside of one of those long bar looking things lol it was amusing except that i was pretty far into the game
    thanks, I was actually able to replicate this. I think this happens when a ball falls in a hole and is somehow ejected into a different hole because it is close or there is excessive velocity. Because of the way my program does hit detection, there is a gap in the logic that it can exploit. The funny thing is that if you were to let it sit there long enough in that hole, the game would have eventually triggered it as a goal and moved you on to the next level. I plan to upload the next update soon, so I won't be able to fix this in the next release. The good thing is that it doesn't happen very often.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    thanks, I was actually able to replicate this. I think this happens when a ball falls in a hole and is somehow ejected into a different hole because it is close or there is excessive velocity. Because of the way my program does hit detection, there is a gap in the logic that it can exploit. The funny thing is that if you were to let it sit there long enough in that hole, the game would have eventually triggered it as a goal and moved you on to the next level. I plan to upload the next update soon, so I won't be able to fix this in the next release. The good thing is that it doesn't happen very often.
    Just call it an "undocumented feature".

5.    #145  
    v0.2.6 Uploaded

I just uploaded v0.2.6. Today marks 2 weeks that this game has been available on PreCentral. Please note that this release isn't a dramatic change in content. The same 20 levels remain. Here are some of the changes/additions:

- Sounds
    - A few small bug fixes/grammar corrections (thank you who helped)
    - Pause/Unpause game by tapping screen
    - Different graphics in a few areas, including icon (might require a reboot to see new icon).
    - Ability to remove the "fall-off" edges of the board.

- Sounds: I'm not totally happy with it, but it's in this release. The game basically has 3 sounds. A buzz sound when you die, a ding sound when you win, and a sound that plays when you hit a bumper. The problem I'm running into with webOS is that if I want to use my own sounds, it has horrible latency. The only way I can play sounds with no latency is to use Palm's system sounds. I do this for the bumper hit. The other 2 are "media" sounds, so I was able to include my own. The downside to all this is that the 2 media sounds are controlled by the general volume, and the bumper sound is controlled by the system sounds volume. Also, muting your Pre doesn't mute the media sounds. You'll have to do that in the game's settings.

- Pause: I think it's working great. It pauses when you tap during game play, and it also pauses if the card is minimized (i.e. you get a call). When you "Continue" a game, it starts off paused. I know some people would tap the screen to keep it from sleeping. My suggestion is either to do a swipe, or tap the gesture area to keep it from sleeping. The only way I've seen to keep the screen from falling asleep is to rename my appid to pretend it's a Palm app, which I'm not sure I want to do yet.

- Game Walls: This to me isn't a huge game change, so it's in the settings menu and not in game modification. This means, if you want, you can still make high scores while the fall-off's are not present. In game modification, you can change the "elasticity" of the walls. Keep in mind that anything over 100% can result in a chain-reaction of bounces that could crash the game.

* I decided to make the game run normally, rather than full screen. I think it plays just the same, now just allows for notifications and battery life/time.

Lastly, I decided too add a donate button on the front page. Any help is appreciated.

Now I'm going to be focusing on the next phase of game-play: The Maze. This will be gameplay adjacent to the normal gameplay. Where the normal topple game requires high dexterity, the maze game will require problem-solving. At least initially, there won't be any way to die in the maze game, other than possibly running out of time. Difficulty can scale with higher density mazes, and possibly less solve-time.
    I still have to work out several things first, I will keep this thread updated.
    Last edited by MrJspeed; 09/30/2009 at 08:22 PM.
    Man, this game just keeps getting better. The sounds really do give it a more polished feel. I also have to say the customization options are impressive. Its the sort of nice feature that will keep this app at the top even when 400 clones come along.

I also like the new icon, its fun.

Thanks for the great work!!!
    Love the new Icon.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    thanks for the constant updates
    Pulled from the homebrew. Guees it is heading to the App Catalog. If so, it is greatly deserved.

Edit: Just noticed it was not pulled. But it looks like about 8 apps were.
    Last edited by jmakar169; 10/01/2009 at 03:45 PM.
    This game is quickly becoming one of my favorites, can't wait for more levels and modes.

I still think it works better as a landscape application, using two hands to play (and hold the Pre steady), have you considered adding support for that?

And also, just an idea, but maybe you could auto-calibrate during play. As in, every time you hit the green button to go to the next level, or the red button to try the same level again, it could calibrate to how you're holding it then. Just an idea, not sure if it'd help or not.
    Labyrinth has always been my favourite game for handheld devices! Now the game is looking very good with the latest update!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    OMG I love this game and it just keeps getting better! The latest update definitely gives it a great look and feel. Keep up the great work!
    6 words...

FREAKIN SWEET!! & YOU ARE 'DA MAN!!
    I have to say that this is, hands down, the first game on the Pre that I find entertaining, aesthetically pleasing, and worthy of the hardware it's on. I would love to hear some better sounds (the marble rolling on wood, maybe more of a pinball machine sound for the bumpers), but I understand the issues you've mentioned. You'll be getting my donation tomorrow, and I wish you continued success with this app!
    Love this game, fantastic work. the animations are smooth and the game is really responsive. Also it has great replayability. Personal preference, I kinda liked the old woodgrain better, but whatever: This should go to the app catalog ASAP. Maybe consider having a preview/free version with the 1st 10 levels, and then the full/paid. Again, excellent work. I'll definitely shell out for this when it's available.
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    If you haven't already, I suggest you take a look at the Windows Mobile game "Teeter". Thanks to your app, I don't miss that app much, but there're certainly some ideas that you can get from that game. Like long separator bars to cause a labyrinth type flow and also variably inclined table surfaces, like the following:

Here're the "bars" I am talking about:

Wow! Great enhancements! I can turn the walls on and let my kid play it.

if I had to dig for a complaint, about all I can find is the win sound is the same as the ringtone I use.

Excellent work!
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    It would be nice if the app would remember your name (as a default) so you wouldn't have to enter it everytime in the scoring dialog.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    It would be nice if the app would remember your name (as a default) so you wouldn't have to enter it everytime in the scoring dialog.
    +1
    ty.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast