Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned (and going off my experience with the first release), but more haptic feedback. I loved the shock...neeed.....moooooorrrrrreeee
    I originally wanted to have more vibration during game play. The problem, however, is that the device's accelerometers go loco when it's vibrating. I would send a vibrate and all of a sudden the ball would go flying off to the side. At the moment I don't see any way around this, but I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    And i have not had this app open when a call comes in, but some other games would not pause when this happened. If it does pause, it would be nice to have the option to start the level over or have a chance to recalibate our angle of the screen before we start up again.
    Excellent suggestion! This game badly needs a pause, and I don't think it will be too hard to impliment. I hadn't even thought about recieving a call. I just tested it and it shows the call and caller, but the game keeps playing. I will definately look into this.
    AHHH my Topple Ball went wonky on me. No scoring and 99 lives (I need those though).

Oh and level 20 is freakin' nut!
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstanley753 View Post
    AHHH my Topple Ball went wonky on me. No scoring and 99 lives (I need those though).
    that's what happens when you enable game modification, it's sort of a god/cheat mode.
    Yah just realized that and came to edit. Nice add!
    Wow! This game surprised me. I wasn't expecting it to be so responsive. I would say that you should do some quick tweaks on this game and put it in the app catalog ASAP. It's a game that shows off the Pre and people would buy it as is. It's the early submissions that will get the most attention and traffic. In the mean time, work on Topple Ball Deluxe for people who would pay more for this type game.
    When you set bumper power to something else, and then hit reset, the number displayed changes back to 100%, but the slider stays in its current position. Board drag correctly moves the slider back to the original spot.
    Great program! The graphics designs are particularly good. And most of the time the action is fluid and accurate. Although there are some annoying "pauses" every now and then- might be the OS and not the game, though.

The calibration is especially important- mine was way off, making it very difficult until I calibrated it.

My suggestions as follows (without reading anyone else's first):

1) Sounds!
    2) Level "sets"- group them by category or something. It can be too frustrating to start all the way at the beginning again just because there is one level that is just too hard
    3) Save and save points
    4) Timed bonus items- both good and bad (things that will perhaps put up shields around the edge for a while to protect from falling off the table, something that changes the game speed, something that makes the ball wobble, etc)

Keep up the great work
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    If you've completed all the levels and want more play out of this.. Try laying down facing up with the Palm Pre facing down and play.
    I think the board drag needs to be increased a few %, I can barely get past level 6 now. Did you decrease the drag in this update since the first release?
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    When you set bumper power to something else, and then hit reset, the number displayed changes back to 100%, but the slider stays in its current position. Board drag correctly moves the slider back to the original spot.
    nice find! I'll have this fixed in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post
    I think the board drag needs to be increased a few %, I can barely get past level 6 now. Did you decrease the drag in this update since the first release?
    No, I haven't changed the drag. This version had all of the levels re-done, so level 6 from 0.1.0 is not the same from 0.2.1. Some people say that everything is too easy, some say that is too hard. I should probably look into difficulty settings.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    You should post a donate button.

I know its been mentioned, but adding sounds, particularly for the bumpers like with a pinball machine, would be super!
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I like this game

Also, if anyone is getting frustrated or bored with the game (for instance, for the life of me I can't beat level 20), try this. Instead of trying to beat all 20 levels, try to get the highest score. ITS NOT THE SAME. The faster you do a level the more points you get.

For example, I've gotten to level 20 several times, and the best score I have to show for it is 806. My top score however is 973 on level 14. Yeah, playing fast you make more mistakes, but sometimes you'll surprise yourself how quick you can arc the ball right to where you need it.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Sick game. Great work.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I believe that the wording of the calibration screen "...You should only calibrate if the ball is rolling away while the device is pefectly flat."

should read:

"...You should only calibrate if the ball is rolling away while the device is pefectly level."
    Any way to turn off the vibrate if the ringer switch is off... I'm in class and the vibrate is pretty loud..
  16.    #136  
    thanks again everyone for your input. I'll be posting the latest version of this game either Tuesday or Wednesday. The version will include the small bug fixes mentioned, grammar correction, sounds, and bumpers for the walls for sure. Hopefully I'll be able to get the game pausing feature implemented by then, but I'm not sure if it will make it in.

After that I plan on doing some massive work implementing a maze system that randomly generates mazes for you to navigate your way though.
    Just a thought, but I don't usually have the time to really sit and pour all my attention into a fun app like this.

Do you suppose there is any interest in making the mazes you're speaking of generating NOT a Do or Die option? Maybe just a timed option? Something fun to keep your hands busy and trying to beat a best time? All the dying and fail in the initial Topple Ball game gets a little frustrating, almost as if it's taking things too seriously?

Love the App, though, good fun.

Figure out how to integrate google maps with topple ball so we can roll a ball through the streets of our home towns?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by revlis View Post
    ... Figure out how to integrate google maps with topple ball so we can roll a ball through the streets of our home towns?
    Genius!
    cool! reminds me of the game that came with the htc diamond which was actually a lil addictive. i was playing this to kill time at work today lol. nice release.
    Great app. Well Done!
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast