Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    This brings back fond memories of Till Harbaum's Mulg on the PalmIII -- anyone remember that? There was all sorts of play action, including "stones blocking your passage, slippery ice, flipper bumpers, and more." In this case, "and more" is a huge understatement.

Back then you had to make your accelerometer if you wanted to play it that way, otherwise, folks like me could guide the marble with our stylus.

With the smooth gameplay great graphics capability of Topple Ball, and the play action of Mulg, that'd be a sweet game!

Regards,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Nice app -- lots of fun! Good animation, great accelerometer use.

Suggestions:
    Walls that appear and disappear (giving you random bounces)
    Animate the long holes, making them get bigger and smaller dynamically
    Dual screen -- make the target hole on a screen to the right of the beginning screen, with an arrow pointing "go this way"

Keep up the great work!
    Need more!!! AHAHA beat level 10 today with no ball losses. Now what?

Ideas-

Ways to earn more balls/life
    Ramps
    tightropes
    walls that can only be touched once
    ball multiplier (like on the wii) where you have to control more than one
    change ball color upon completion of game
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Not to make this thread sound like a broken record but thank you, the smoothness you've managed to get out of the accelerometer without using the custom service is quite amazing and shows even more promise for this device in an area I considered lacking.

The game itself is quite fun though, I keep getting stuck on level 10
    Great job! I had not realized the accerometer had that much resolution until now.
    I have a new idea for this game (by the way, its my favorite of the games so far (both app catalog and homebrew).
    What if there were areas such as oil spills or high grass that would either speed up the ball in that area or slow it down a good amount?

I think that would be a cool addition.
  7.    #87  
    thanks again everyone for such positive remarks, I really enjoy reading them. I work 40 hours a week and have a girlfriend and other hobbies that I tend to, but hopefully I will have the next version of this game uploaded in the next week or two. All of your feedback has been very helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    thanks again everyone for such positive remarks, I really enjoy reading them. I work 40 hours a week and have a girlfriend and other hobbies that I tend to, but hopefully I will have the next version of this game uploaded in the next week or two. All of your feedback has been very helpful.
    What kind of changes can we expect? You should set up a donation account for yourself. Ya never know, even if you plan to send to Palm as a PAY app. Anybody that donates now may entitle themselves to a free version perhaps?
    Last edited by Klownicle; 09/17/2009 at 03:44 PM.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    What kind of changes can we expect? You should set up a donation account for yourself. Ya never know, even if you plan to send to Palm as a PAY app. Anybody that donates now may entitle themselves to a free version perhaps?
    Right now my priorities (in order) are:
    More levels, new obstacles, accelerometer calibration, scoring system, checkpoint/resume system.

I also will change the ball start location and edit the edges of the game board.
    Heh, you can play upside down too (like while laying on couch).
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Great accelerometer game, this has to be the smoothest yet. I like the idea of having the ball jump over things. I also like the idea of magnets that attract and repel the ball. I'm looking forward to seeing this game in the app catalog.
    No.. I am sorry to inform you that your Pre is your girlfriend now. ii

I look forward to new levels and cool stuff that I am sure this will bring.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Kool job, I too look forward to more levels, I like the idea of hills, oil etc
    Well done! I am impressed with the progress of this app. I am sure the improvements will just keep coming.
    Great APP.

Here is a pic of Marble madness that I alway played on my WM 6 phone.
    Somthing with different levels and moving objects would be great.

Great APP as is keep up the great work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    Here is a pic of Marble madness that I alway played on my WM 6 phone.
    Somthing with different levels and moving objects would be great.
    Wow, flashbacks of throwing things all over the living room as a kid. I obsessed over that game.
  17.    #97  
    v0.2.0 Uploaded

I just uploaded v0.2.0.

- now have 20 levels
    - added "bumper" obstacles
    - added high scores saving
    - added accelerometer calibration
    - added the ability to continue the game if you exit while playing
    - added several game settings.

a note about the game settings.
    - framerate: this does what you'd think. The default is 25fps. It can be changed between 20fps and 35fps. Feel free to mess with this and let me know if you find a setting that you prefer. Note that the higher the frame rate, the more CPU intensive it is.

Game Mechanics
    : this changes some of the game's environment variables. If you enable game modification, you can play with these variables. You also have unlimited lives, but you do not gain any scoring. Scoring only happens on the stock settings.
    Accel Magnituide: this is effectively the force of gravity. The higher this value, the faster the ball accelerates. Note that if you lower this value, it will take longer to go fast, but it will take longer to slow down too.
    Flat Tolerance: even when the pre is laid on a table or desk, the pitch/roll values will still fluctuate. The game ignores angles less than flat tolerance. If flat tolerance is set to 5, the game won't apply force to the ball unless the pre is tilted more than 5 degrees in any direction. 1 degree flat tolerance is the default.
    Bumper Power: this just simply relates to the velocity the ball has after hitting a bumper
    Board Drag: this is the friction the board has. The higher the value, the "stickier" the board is. If it is 0%, the ball moves on a frictionless surface.

I know the game mechanics probably won't appeal to a lot of people, but I figured it would give some of those interested something extra to mess with. I just finished coding this tonight, so I didn't have a lot of time to test for bugs. I know the long bar obstacles have a buggy animation when you fall in them, I will work that out next release hopefully. Please let me know what you find, and what you think.
    Last edited by MrJspeed; 09/22/2009 at 03:39 PM.
    v0.2.0 Uploaded

I just uploaded v0.2.0.

- now have 20 levels
    - added "bumper" obstacles
    - added high scores saving
    - added accelerometer calibration
    - added the ability to continue the game if you exit while playing
    - added several game settings.

a note about the game settings.
    - framerate: this does what you'd think. The default is 25fps. It can be changed between 20fps and 35fps. Feel free to mess with this and let me know if you find a setting that you prefer. Note that the higher the frame rate, the more CPU intensive it is.

Game Mechanics
    : this changes some of the game's environment variables. If you enable game modification, you can play with these variables. You also have unlimited lives, but you do not gain any scoring. Scoring only happens on the stock settings.
    Accel Magnituide: this is effectively the force of gravity. The higher this value, the faster the ball accelerates. Note that if you lower this value, it will take longer to go fast, but it will take longer to slow down too.
    Flat Tolerance: even when the pre is laid on a table or desk, the pitch/roll values will still fluctuate. The game ignores angles less than flat tolerance. If flat tolerance is set to 5, the game won't apply force to the ball unless the pre is tilted more than 5 degrees in any direction. 1 degree flat tolerance is the default.
    Bumper Power: this just simply relates to the velocity the ball has after hitting a bumper
    Board Drag: this is the friction the board has. The higher the value, the "stickier" the board is. If it is 0%, the ball moves on a frictionless surface.

I know the game mechanics probably won't appeal to a lot of people, but I figured it would give some of those interested something extra to mess with. I just finished coding this tonight, so I didn't have a lot of time to test for bugs. I know the long bar obstacles have a buggy animation when you fall in them, I will work that out next release hopefully. Please let me know what you find, and what you think.
    huge update....love it

edit: is there a way u can pause the game and when u come back it doesnt automatically start the game
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Will try it now, great update.
    Love it, thanks
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast