Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Great job with this app! As everyone before me has already stated, very smooth and responsive.

Only suggestions:
    1. Have 2 different game modes. An "Easy" mode with walls, and a "Hard" mode without walls.
    2. Add more obstacles. Maybe even going as far as "magnets" that suck the ball in/repel it away, special levels/balls where the ball goes faster/slower than normal, etc. You get the idea.
    3. More levels (obviously).
    4. Being able to customize the game. Maybe even unlockables to gain new boards, balls, etc.

Again, great app and I hope you continue to improve on it.

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    Great game! Thank you. Good to see it soo responsive
    Quote Originally Posted by Groovehog View Post
    Wow! An accelerometer based labyrinth game. That was really cool and innovative three years ago when we saw this on jailbroken iPhones. Only it was done so much better then. So sick of all these bull**** apps. The homebrew scene on the Pre is dead.
    Leave then.
    agreed...groovehog seems like a huge tool... go get an iphone then..its really that simple...
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    Great job with this app! As everyone before me has already stated, very smooth and responsive.

Only suggestions:
    1. Have 2 different game modes. An "Easy" mode with walls, and a "Hard" mode without walls.
    2. Add more obstacles. Maybe even going as far as "magnets" that suck the ball in/repel it away, special levels/balls where the ball goes faster/slower than normal, etc. You get the idea.
    3. More levels (obviously).
    4. Being able to customize the game. Maybe even unlockables to gain new boards, balls, etc.

Again, great app and I hope you continue to improve on it.
    Great suggestions. In the last five minutes i did some of my own brainstorming.

- Ramps!
    - Moving things!
    - Make a rolling water balloon (fun with random rolling) and then you can have pins that pop it!
    - Different surfaces; grass, water, carpet, oil, ice, etc
    - Make a HUGE board that takes up like 9 screens and is almost like a maze
    - Have a "trace" option
    - Add time limits
    - Those funny rolling eyes that always look up. I had them when i was a kid.
    - Tunnels that take you to the next level
    - Walls that can be knocked over to make it harder if you hit them.
    - Multi-player to race
    - Flowing water to wash the ball away
    - Have tasks like you have to go touch an "oil can" and then go hit the match and then to the fireplace. But, don't really tell people what to do, make then figure it out on their own.
    - Custom boards that people can make and share.

ok, i'm spent.

thanks again!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Wow! An accelerometer based labyrinth game. That was really cool and innovative three years ago when we saw this on jailbroken iPhones. Only it was done so much better then. So sick of all these bull**** apps. The homebrew scene on the Pre is dead.
    I know, it is. Why don't you go tether your iPhone over Wifi....

Whats dead now.
    Maybe you should make the title screen and all the messages appear in landscape? It feels more comfortable to play the game that way. Also, is level 10 even possible?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Make gophers pop up out of the holes that you have to hit.
    dude...this is really pissing me off cause i want to try this...why would this game not work for me but for everyone else? I had a bunch of stuff done to my pre, but recently did a web os dr and its completely as I got it now...anyways, the ball just sits on the top corner, but the accelerometer works for web and pictures and everything...i installed via preware a couple times and tried webos quick install...
    wow! Great job. Made it to end the third time through. As far as those asking for a wall at start, how about a small wedge or pocket wall just in the corner at start. This way the ball can only be started when user has proper balance of phone. Also I would like to know what kind of wood the table is. Wonder if I need to wax or polish the pre...lol
    you kidding, app potential?

Even in its Beta state it would be a top game in the Palm App space.

Great product you have
    Very well polished app for a beta. Really enjoyed it. The difficulty needs to be spread out a bit more. The first 9 levels were as easy as pie, then all of a sudden you hit level 10. It's like playing Glass Joe 9 times, then facing Sandman, or Mike Tyson... :-)

I read what you said about the motion and it might be difficult to do with the pre resources, but if you find a way to make motion a possibility, my suggestion would be to borrower a buddy's Sony PSP, and rent Mercury Madness. I think you will find a lot of neat ideas to incorporate, such as painting the ball certain colors at paint stations before being able to get past a particular wall, or splitting the ball in half and forcing into two bases. Just some thoughts.
    for initial release - AWESOME. thank you for this. gives me lots of hope for future apps!

it reminds me a litle of the game that was on my htc touch diamond.

only issue i have is the ball starting too close to the edge.

improvements, i think everyone mentioned tons already.

GREAT WORK!
    i have been waiting for a accelerometer oriented game like this for quite a while now. Thanks bro!
    I agree, it's a great game. One of the few games on the Pre that actually made me smile. Of course, I echo everyone else who says yes, and more of the same please! All the different ideas in this thread are great. Add a little cheesy music, and a cool rolling sound, and you've got an absolutely first class app on your hands--Pop Cap would love to have it for their own.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    k ignore my posts..i had flashed the pre back to 1.04...im an *****...ha....anyways..awesome game...first person i think to actually use the accelerometer in a noticeable way...props...
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Very nice app, runs clean, smooth. one thing is that when you start you start too close to the wall, which leads to alot of the ball falling off. if you could have a wait time to get ready or put the ball somewhere else. thanks other than that GREAT app.
    I really love this kind of game. I saw one on an Iphone a while back and it made me start to consider the iphone. Then the pre was announced and I being a Palm Fanboy, decided to hang in there. Lately I had read that the accelerometer wouldn't work for games, but I'm glad those folks were wrong. Bring on the new levels, I'm excited to see what all you come up with for this app.

I do think all you need to do is get a good 20 levels of increasing difficulty with various obstacles in them and this app would sell. (IMO)
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    This game is great. I was kinda getting depressed with my Pre and the lack of accelerometer based games. I have a friend with the new Android phone from T-Mobile, and he just sits around flashing off their version of Labyrinth. I kept hearing about how bad the accelerometer was on the Pre, now it's apparent this is not the case, and it is perfectly usable. Great game, look forward to updates!
    Hey Groovehog do the initials GFY mean anything to you?

BTW I completed the game with no mistakes. The trick is lay the Pre down on a table at the beginning of each level, then pick it up. keeps the ball steady from the start!
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast