Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
    what is the estimated time you need to finish the full version? Im really looking forward it... willing to buy as I love the game
    Please add a "die as much as you like" free play option. I can only die so many times at level 9 or 10 before I just want to uninstall the app. Maybe with alternative "high score" of number of deaths required to pass chapter or something. Right now it just makes me want to break my phone, because I suck at it.

(This is kind of like the option of Timed vs Puzzle mode in Word Whirl. Have a Score vs Fun mode.)
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  3.    #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Please add a "die as much as you like" free play option. I can only die so many times at level 9 or 10 before I just want to uninstall the app. Maybe with alternative "high score" of number of deaths required to pass chapter or something. Right now it just makes me want to break my phone, because I suck at it.

(This is kind of like the option of Timed vs Puzzle mode in Word Whirl. Have a Score vs Fun mode.)
    Good point, I can add this in an update. I would just have an option to enable god mode. If that is enabled, there will be no score keeping.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I just bought the full official version yesterday, I love it! Awesome game MrJspeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post

I agree totally. Although maybe another option would be to allow the user to start at any level within a chapter. It can get repetitive to have to replay the same 8 levels over and over again if you're struggling with levels 9 and 10.

Other than that, I think the game is fantastic. I've made it to chapter 3. I can only imagine how difficult the later chapters are because these first few were quite challenging.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Good lord, chapter 3 is way too hard this early in the game. I've tried literally dozens of times. When I finally passed levels 3.7 and 3.9 only to see 3.10, I knew there was no hope for me.

It's a good game but I may never see the other 85% of the game like this.

Btw, what happened to all the options in the homebrew version? I wanted to try changing sensitivity to see if I could do better.
    I am on chapter 7 and I LOVE the current setup. Many great games do not let you save prior to the boss fight, if you lose you start the maze over and hopefully find the boss with more lives than before. I agree it can be frustrating but it is part of the fun. This game would be to easy if you could save after each level.

But...I totally agree that there should be a free play option. I have kids and other friends that just love this game but are not ready for the concept of losing and starting over. This game is so amazing and accessible for WebOS users. Let the lil ones have their fun too without me having to reset the game for them every couple of minutes.

Love this came MrJSpeed!!! My app catalog funds are frozen waiting for any other of your creations.
    Also...from my experience, Beating Chapter 3 was HARD...Chapters 4 through 6, not so much. I like the concept of adding new game elements with each chapter but the game should flow so that each level or so should be harder than the prior or that each chapter should be harder than the prior. I know I am nitpicking, but YOU GAVE ME A REASON TO, THANKS! LOVE IT! This is the best WebOS game I have ever played.
  9.    #249  
    lets say I have two options:
    "Start New Game"
    "Start Free Play"

Would you want there to be 2 "sets" of chapter unlocks. For example, if you plow through the free play and unlock the whole game, the scoring game wouldn't have everything unlocked.

Or, would you want there just to be one set. If you get there no matter what game style you play, it unlocks. Personally I'm leaning towards this one because it's less restrictive and I think that is what a lot of people would want. Would you see it as a bug if you unlocked everything because of of free play and then were able to get good scores on higher chapters with score play?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    lets say I have two options:
    "Start New Game"
    "Start Free Play"

Would you want there to be 2 "sets" of chapter unlocks. For example, if you plow through the free play and unlock the whole game, the scoring game wouldn't have everything unlocked.

Or, would you want there just to be one set. If you get there no matter what game style you play, it unlocks. Personally I'm leaning towards this one because it's less restrictive and I think that is what a lot of people would want. Would you see it as a bug if you unlocked everything because of of free play and then were able to get good scores on higher chapters with score play?
    Thinking option 1, keeps the game challenging.

What about only having the levels you have played or beaten in scoring mode be available in free play mode? Maybe even bringing back the option to change the mechanics in free play?
    I have not been following this thread so sorry if this is a repeat.
    I would love to see a user editor of some kind like Blocked did. It can be on the web if need be. Then have a way to submit them to a web site and be able to have Topple Ball be able to DL them on the fly. This would allow almost unlimited play

Then at some point even be able to add more features like new obstacles etc...

Just a thought
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmakar169 View Post
    What about only having the levels you have played or beaten in scoring mode be available in free play mode? Maybe even bringing back the option to change the mechanics in free play?
    That's not much different from how it is now and leaves a lot of the game unlocked for people who get stuck within an early chapter.

Either option 1 or 2 would allow easier access to all the levels then currently available. Challenge seekers will gravitate towards high scores anyway.
  13.    #253  
    I've submitted an update to Palm. At the rate things are currently going it might take a week or so to get pushed through.

I've added a Free Play option. It basically will let you pick any level in the game, regardless if you have it unlocked or not. It won't keep score.

I've also added back the ability to change the game mechanics, like the beta version of PreCentral has.

Lastly, I've made level 27 a little bit easier. I think that is the one that is causing chapter 3 to be so difficult.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    thanks for making a great game more accessible while keeping the challenge. I look forward to the update.
    chapter 3 was a hard, but now where near as hard as chapter 7. There are 5 levels in chapter 7 that are hard and I've played chapter 7 more than 100 times with only getting to the last level twice Very frustrating.

But besides that, the game is awesome, fun game, challenging, rewarding, you have good control of the ball. It's only frustrating when you get pauses in the game, most are only momentary, but some are 5-10 seconds.

More lives would be very helpful!!! Maybe a bonus life for each level complete, or every other level complete
    great app, one of the best games available
    i tried the very last level on the free play was like "are you kidding me?", i mean have you ever beaten it yourself? On candystand.com there's a game that you can draw your own golf course, but before you can submit it, it makes sure you can beat it yourself. So have you done this also? or just made that level with the intention of no one shall ever beat your game. LoL
  18.    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyguy75 View Post
    i tried the very last level on the free play was like "are you kidding me?", i mean have you ever beaten it yourself? On candystand.com there's a game that you can draw your own golf course, but before you can submit it, it makes sure you can beat it yourself. So have you done this also? or just made that level with the intention of no one shall ever beat your game. LoL
    people have told me they have beaten it after hours of trying. It's meant to be the hardest level in the game. The good news is that once I release the update for 1.3.5 with the increased accelerometer pings, the ball rolling will be more accurate and thus make most of the game less "flakey".
    I've played some of the later levels in free play mode and yeah I agree that some of them are ridiculously difficult. But that's not necessarily a bad thing now that there is a free play mode where you can skip levels. Without this mode, I don't think it would be possible for a normal mortal person to play all the levels in the game.

So these days I only play in free play mode. When I encounter one of these "don't have a chance of beating this level" levels, I just swipe back to the main menu and then select the next level. However it would be nice to have an option from within the game (in free play mode) to go back and forward a level.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Where are the high scores saved. I want to reformat my pre and I want to keep the high score file so I can add it. Where is it and what is it called?