Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 261
  1. #221  
    I love this game. It continues to be among the first things I show to people to impress them with the phone. Thanks - keep up the good work
  2. #222  
    This is GREAT! Thanks you! Wow, if this is the first App you worked on, I can see many great things coming.

    Thanks again,
  3.    #223  
    ok guys, I discovered today that Palm has accepted the free version of my app into the App Catalog. Please note that while this version has the yellow button/switch bug fixes as well as some graphic changes, it only contains 10 levels and doesn't allow for game modification (bumper power, drag, etc..). I'm currently in the process of making the full version which will contain 200 levels.

    On the full version, you play chapters. Each chapter is 10 levels. Once you beat the last level of the chapter, you unlock the next chapter as well as gain an extra life. If you completely die off, you can play at the begining of the last chaper you unlocked. This allows people to eventualy unlock the entire content of the game. However, if you are skilled enough to play from level 1 to 200, your score will be much higher than someone who plays say level 180 to 200.

    There will also be more obstacles:
    - Ball Teleporter: This will "teleport" the ball to the designated location once you roll over the teleport point.
    - Ball Launcher: This is a trap that will hold ball for a split second, then launcher it at high velocity
    - Spotlight: Some levels will be completely dark, except the ball will have a spotlight over it. Visibility will be very limited (think of Zelda on SNES).

    I will likely update this version with levels including the new obstacles, but I won't be putting more than 25 levels at a time.


    Lastly, I'm also working on another app - Topple Maze. It's currently in it's alpha stages. Right now I'm able to randomly generate mazes at any scale. Hopefully I'll have it on PreCentral by the end of the year. Here is a screenshot:
    topplemaze_2009-12-11_185341.png
  4. #224  
    First, congratulations!

    Second, played the game yesterday, and it's great! Some really good puzzles, a large variety of traps and obstacles, and most importantly, smooth performance. All in just 10 levels!

    I'm surprised at how smooth you were able to make the accelerometer considering how people were questioning it's refresh rate and the ability to use it for games, but you seem to have done a great job with it.

    Can't wait for the full release!
  5. #225  
    Great job! I can't wait for the full game... I can see me wasting a LOT of time trying to get through all 200 levels. hahaha
  6. crholt's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #226  
    This game is great - I had no idea that the accelerometer was so sensitive! Lots of fun to play; it's a great time waster (which is meant as high praise, of course!)

    Thanks!
  7. #227  
    This is.. just amazing.

    Even though its just the 10 levels, it has to be one of the finest games I have played on the pre. I am very impressed and I am definitely in for a full version when it's ready. Way to go!
  8. #228  
    It was really great about their last fight Live!...So, this time around would be very sure fire hit again and bit they won't gonna fail for giving a worth watching ball games...


    BallGames
  9.    #229  
    Anyone with a Pixi try playing Topple Ball? I'd like to know how well it runs in comparison to the Pre.
  10. #230  
    Just have to say that this is one of the first games I go to.....my kids love it too! Like others have said....I was very impressed at how sensitive the tilt is. Cant wait to get the full version....sweet game!!
  11. #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    Anyone with a Pixi try playing Topple Ball? I'd like to know how well it runs in comparison to the Pre.
    My wife's using it on her Pixi (the version from Preware, haven't tried the app catalog one yet) and it works great. She used to play it on my Pre and she can't notice a difference, so it seems good!

    Can she have both the Preware AND App Catalog version on the phone at once, so she can compare? I gave her the Preware one 'cause it has more levels, but I know you said the AC version has some improvements even though it has less levels.

    /Kevin
  12. #232  
    Answered my own question, and yes, it allows you to have both Topple Ball and Topple Ball Mini. I figured it would, since you said it had a separate app ID, so it was good to see that. She said Topple Ball Mini seemed smoother. She did better, and she feels it was because it worked better. So there's that.

    /Kevin
  13. jt99's Avatar
    Posts
    166 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #233  
    I just joined and haven't read through the thread, but these are my thoughts on both the version in the app catalogue and the "Preware" full version. The ball in the app catalogue looks much better, since the full version's seems less round from the shine, however, I would much rather see you dump the blue to replace it with silver.

    As for the graphics and textures, they need some work. I think because you are using real textures, the handmade graphics also have to look very realistic. In my opinion, you should dramatically change the theme from realistic to cartoony. Use more flat, drawn textures and use a thick black outline around the objects and any highlights. As it stands, your graphics are good relative to other games, but in order to compete with professional ascetics, you need some alterations.

    As far as gameplay goes, the first levels are great and simple, but the later levels are missing something huge: Walls. All wooden block games have walls! Your levels seem more like a speed challenge than a level. Once these are added though, you'll be in great shape. Also, I would love another gameplay mode, where, instead of just beating levels one after you, you can choose the levels, because the game gets repetative playing through the first 10 levels before actually getting to something complicated. Physics and accelerometer controls are spot on! They feel very responsive and natural.

    Next, the standard palm graphics really don't mix well. The paused screen looks great, so now you need to emulate that in all of the other menus. That shouldn't take too long to do, and would make the app seem a lot more professional. Also, I feel like this game should really be played in landscape, so maybe if there was an option in preferences for that, I would be very grateful.
    All in all, the game so far is great as a beta, but needs some graphic work and minor gameplay tweaks before it's ready for version 1.0.
  14.    #234  
    thanks for the feedback, those are a lot of good points. I finally submitted the 200 level final version to Palm this past Friday. The main reason I went away from landscape mode on this game is for 2 reasons: 1: The user needs to enter in their high score (not that big of a reason) and 2: This game will play on the Pixi. While landscape playing seems to be very intuitive for the Pre, it isn't so much so on the Pixi due to it's hardware layout and smaller screen.

    Improving the graphics for the menus is on my todo list, I agree it needs to be aligned with the rest of the game. On the version I submitted it is however the "Palm-Dark" theme, so at least it looks a little bit better than the stock. Making the graphics more "cartoony" is definitely a great idea.

    The mini version has 10 levels, but the full version has 20 chapters, each with 10 levels. This makes for a total of 200 levels. You can replay any chapter once you have unlocked it. I spent over half of my Thanksgiving break (Friday evening through Thursday) toiling away on finishing these levels. It really burnt me out, I had no idea creating 200 levels for this game would be so much work and such a drain.

    Anyways, I hope Palm will accept the full version soon. I really on had 3 complaints in the reviews of the Mini version. 1. Game was too easy (fixed since full version will have some very hard ones). 2. Screen goes to sleep after a minute of game play (fixed with the new API in 1.3.1) 3. Game lags and freezes every now and then. I can't really do anything about the last one since it is caused by the garbage collection in Javascript. I know every other "gameloop" developer is experiencing the same thing, so hopefully Palm will come up with a solution soon.
  15. enemigo32's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #235  
    cool.
  16. jt99's Avatar
    Posts
    166 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    thanks for the feedback, those are a lot of good points. I finally submitted the 200 level final version to Palm this past Friday. The main reason I went away from landscape mode on this game is for 2 reasons: 1: The user needs to enter in their high score (not that big of a reason) and 2: This game will play on the Pixi. While landscape playing seems to be very intuitive for the Pre, it isn't so much so on the Pixi due to it's hardware layout and smaller screen.

    Improving the graphics for the menus is on my todo list, I agree it needs to be aligned with the rest of the game. On the version I submitted it is however the "Palm-Dark" theme, so at least it looks a little bit better than the stock. Making the graphics more "cartoony" is definitely a great idea.

    The mini version has 10 levels, but the full version has 20 chapters, each with 10 levels. This makes for a total of 200 levels. You can replay any chapter once you have unlocked it. I spent over half of my Thanksgiving break (Friday evening through Thursday) toiling away on finishing these levels. It really burnt me out, I had no idea creating 200 levels for this game would be so much work and such a drain.

    Anyways, I hope Palm will accept the full version soon. I really on had 3 complaints in the reviews of the Mini version. 1. Game was too easy (fixed since full version will have some very hard ones). 2. Screen goes to sleep after a minute of game play (fixed with the new API in 1.3.1) 3. Game lags and freezes every now and then. I can't really do anything about the last one since it is caused by the garbage collection in Javascript. I know every other "gameloop" developer is experiencing the same thing, so hopefully Palm will come up with a solution soon.
    Awesome. Thanks for paying attention to feedback.
    with a quick google search, this is what I meant by cartoon graphics ( http://www.qweas.com/download/game/a...rtoonxonix.jpg )
    Bold colors, a harsh black outline, and hard lines between shading. Bizarre example, but it gets the point across. I'm sure somewhere there is a free cartoon-ish wood texture!
  17. #237  
    MrJSpeed,

    You mentioned that you fixed the screen shut off issue after 1 min because of new API 1.3.1. Can you please tell me how to do this? Even If you could point to API doc (link) that would be great.

    Thanks
    M
  18. #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    Anyone with a Pixi try playing Topple Ball? I'd like to know how well it runs in comparison to the Pre.
    I have the AC version on my Pre and the app from here on the Pixi. Runs great on the Pixi. Just as smooth. Only suggestion is the screen is no longer centered. The ball drop point does not recenter itself for the Pixi.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  19. #239  
    I just bought it from the Catalog and love it!

    I like your maze idea as well, think you will combine the two games together to make a version of "labyrinth" that was, and probably is, still popular on the iphone? The graphics on the iPhone Labyrinth game is what first made me realize what graphics power the fruity phone has!

    But I am glad the full version finally made it to the catalog, I bought it immediately!
  20.    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by solaimadhan View Post
    MrJSpeed,

    You mentioned that you fixed the screen shut off issue after 1 min because of new API 1.3.1. Can you please tell me how to do this? Even If you could point to API doc (link) that would be great.

    Thanks
    M
    check out this thread.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions