Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I just have to say this is by far my favorite game for the Pre. I really can't wait to play the labrynth version too. I've been playing it since the early versions and I love the constiant development. So far your game has evolved in a wonderful way and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.
  2.    #202  
    thanks all for the feedback. I've fixed the yellow button issue with the ball being ejected while the ball was in the goal - it was just one line of code. I'll put it out on the next release.

I will be taking out the option for game walls and just put them up all the time. Too many time's I've let my friends play the game for the first time, and they just fall off the edge right away. I might use the wall-less option for later levels maybe.

I also wanted to get an idea on what "framerate" everyone runs the game at. The default is 25. Is that a good speed, or does it still look chunky? The reason I ask is because there are 2 issues. One is that there is a slight discrepancy between scores on different frame rates. The other issue is that I don't know how well the Pixi will perform if I set the rate to 30 or 35. I'd like to just hardcode the rate and make it consistent all the way around. Let me know your opinions.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevieq View Post
    1. Can you add a cumulative score to the message after each level? Or possibly at least just add your total score for the game to the game over screen.
    2. When you look at the high scores it should possibly give a date that the score was earned. I have the problem of never realy knowing for sure which game the scores relate to. Even if I just finished a game it's difficult to tell which score is from the newest game.
    +1 on both points
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I think hardcoding the rate at 30 is probably best. We won't know until the Pixi comes out, of course, but I don't imagine that'll be too much for it.

another suggestion, I liked the loading screen better when it was just gray instead of having the loading text. That may just be my personal preference, though.

love the game, great work!
    Great game! I have already played the beta more then any other game I have loaded. I look forward to the full version, When I purchase is a game, it's going to be this one.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    thanks all for the feedback. I've fixed the yellow button issue with the ball being ejected while the ball was in the goal - it was just one line of code. I'll put it out on the next release.

I will be taking out the option for game walls and just put them up all the time. Too many time's I've let my friends play the game for the first time, and they just fall off the edge right away. I might use the wall-less option for later levels maybe.

I also wanted to get an idea on what "framerate" everyone runs the game at. The default is 25. Is that a good speed, or does it still look chunky? The reason I ask is because there are 2 issues. One is that there is a slight discrepancy between scores on different frame rates. The other issue is that I don't know how well the Pixi will perform if I set the rate to 30 or 35. I'd like to just hardcode the rate and make it consistent all the way around. Let me know your opinions.
    MrJspeed: Not to rehash, but really THANKS FOR THIS!!! Best preware game release for me. I am so very impressed with this app. Not taking anything away from the other great devs, but I appreciate that you created an immersive game based on the accelerometer and continued to evolve it into an already impressive app with so much more potential.

Can not wait to see what your maze/labyrinth release brings. I agree that the physics changes add a ton of depth and that slick/slow spots would increase the fun and challenge even more.

Done gushing...Keep up the great work. I love showing this game off to others.
    Got this yesterday. By far my favorite game on the pre!

Thank you for this.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Great game!! My go to has been solitaire, but this has completely take over. Thanks!
    why is this game so buggy now?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    why is this game so buggy now?
    Please be more specific. Outside of the occasional stutter (which the game has always had) I am not aware of any bugs, and I play the game often.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

I also wanted to get an idea on what "framerate" everyone runs the game at. The default is 25. Is that a good speed, or does it still look chunky? ...
    I am using 30, and it works fine. There is an occasional stutter, but there was at lower frame rates too.
    this is the best game for the pre by far. I am just surprised noone else has even tried tomake a game like this. How did you program this to have the ball move? I guess I judt can't seem to understand javascript.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Great suggestions. In the last five minutes i did some of my own brainstorming.

- Ramps!
    - Moving things!
    - Make a rolling water balloon (fun with random rolling) and then you can have pins that pop it!
    - Different surfaces; grass, water, carpet, oil, ice, etc
    - Make a HUGE board that takes up like 9 screens and is almost like a maze
    - Have a "trace" option
    - Add time limits
    - Those funny rolling eyes that always look up. I had them when i was a kid.
    - Tunnels that take you to the next level
    - Walls that can be knocked over to make it harder if you hit them.
    - Multi-player to race
    - Flowing water to wash the ball away
    - Have tasks like you have to go touch an "oil can" and then go hit the match and then to the fireplace. But, don't really tell people what to do, make then figure it out on their own.
    - Custom boards that people can make and share.

ok, i'm spent.

thanks again!
    Totally OT, but i so remember this!
    SWWWEEEEETTTTT!!!! This is one of the best games I've played on this phone so far, The best, if I may say. GREAT APP, can't wait to buy and support! I've got to only level 13, more points getting to 11 tho, cuz I was faster... how many levels are there??
    In USB mode, I found that the lone program in the "downloads" folder is this game (Toppleball). In fact, there were two Toppleball files in this folder. Is it supposed to be there? Can I delete it from this folder? Thanks.
    I've searched and I don't think I have seen this mentioned but is there any way for the game to obey the ringer switch? I know there is a way to turn off sounds in the preferences screen but it would be nice if the ringer switch could be flipped to mute sounds. Just a thought.
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    In USB mode, I found that the lone program in the "downloads" folder is this game (Toppleball). In fact, there were two Toppleball files in this folder. Is it supposed to be there? Can I delete it from this folder? Thanks.
    I don't save anything to the downloads folder, I'm sure it is safe to delete whatever is there unless you have an installer that is configured to install programs at that location (which I doubt).

Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I've searched and I don't think I have seen this mentioned but is there any way for the game to obey the ringer switch? I know there is a way to turn off sounds in the preferences screen but it would be nice if the ringer switch could be flipped to mute sounds. Just a thought.
    I will look into this. I see a lot of apps (App Catalog ones even) not obeying the switch, but having the internal option of turning off. However, personally I'd like to have 3 options in the settings (Obey switch, On, Off).
    ...I will look into this. I see a lot of apps (App Catalog ones even) not obeying the switch, but having the internal option of turning off. However, personally I'd like to have 3 options in the settings (Obey switch, On, Off).
    That sounds like a very reasonable alternative.
  19. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Just FYI, I play without game walls and like it better that way.

I use the default and it looks good.
    I like it without the walls too! Thats part of the games challange, the harder it is the more u want to beat it.