Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    Two issues. If I have a saved game, and then continue it and lose all my lives, the saved game is still accessible to continue. When you load the saved game, it should clear the save so it can't be used from the same point again.

Secondly, the new physics mean that if you hold the Pre vertically or mostly vertically (it varies a little bit), you can jump over the hole on the first few levels and go right to the goal.
    The new obstacles (red, yellow, blue areas) really add another dimension to the gameplay. The yellow obstacle in particular adds a bit of tension to the gameplay.
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Two issues. If I have a saved game, and then continue it and lose all my lives, the saved game is still accessible to continue. When you load the saved game, it should clear the save so it can't be used from the same point again.
    Wow, this was a glaring issue. Thanks a lot for finding this - I've hotfixed it to 0.3.1.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Secondly, the new physics mean that if you hold the Pre vertically or mostly vertically (it varies a little bit), you can jump over the hole on the first few levels and go right to the goal.
    I was aware of this, I know it can roll out of the hole if held vertical. I almost want it to be like that, because that is something you'd expect if you did that in real life. I'll probably re-work it a little next release so this won't happen as often.

Thanks jhoff, you've been providing me excellent feedback.
    My favorite game by far and I am yet to beat it, hahahahaha. Great job.

But I wanted to get the update and was getting an ipkg error, so I figured maybe if I uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it, it might work, but it did not. I am getting error stating that HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found. I really want this game and this seems to be the only one that I am having difficulties with since I was able to upgrade my music player. Thanks all. Cant wait for future updates and new programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerzwyld77 View Post

But I wanted to get the update and was getting an ipkg error, so I figured maybe if I uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it, it might work, but it did not. I am getting error stating that HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found. I really want this game and this seems to be the only one that I am having difficulties with since I was able to upgrade my music player. Thanks all. Cant wait for future updates and new programs.
    jokerzwyld77,
    Try using Filecoaster. I had the error on preware but not on filecoaster.

MrJspeed,
    First off, awesome game. Second, is there a way to keep the screen on while the game is on? I have a friend that plays the game and she takes longer to get to the goal and the screen will turn off on her. Maybe have the screen stay on while the game is in play but go back to normal settings when the game is paused or minimized. Thanks. Great job overall.
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerzwyld77 View Post

i think it needs a bit for my hotfix to propagate, or for mod review.
  7.    #187  
    try now
    Wooooohooooooo, back on again. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE the new obstacles, the timed buttons for the boxes are awesome. Great job.
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by maleoutkast View Post
    First off, awesome game. Second, is there a way to keep the screen on while the game is on? I have a friend that plays the game and she takes longer to get to the goal and the screen will turn off on her. Maybe have the screen stay on while the game is in play but go back to normal settings when the game is paused or minimized. Thanks. Great job overall.
    There is a way actually. The only way I know is to request a service to keep the screen on. In order to do that, your app has to have an appID like a native palm application (i.e. com.palm.app.toppleball).
    Unfortunately, this causes 2 problems. One problem is that if I rename the app, people who use things like Preware to see if there are updates won't see my app updated. It will show up as a separate app in the available section. People would have to delete the old app and install the new one. While this isn't a huge headache, it still would leave a lot of people hanging out there with a very old version.
    The second problem (and the main reason I won't make the change) is that Palm won't accept my app if I'm using an API that requires an appid of com.palm.app. So basically, if I want my app to be in the catalog, I can't use that method. I will talk to Palm and if they are interested in my app, hopefully we can work out a solution. If anyone else knows of another method to keep the screen on, please let me know!
    When is it going to the Official App Catalog? It is the best game so far!
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    There is a patch that adds extra screen time options. One of which is never turn off.
    Nice, been loving the game, gonna have to install the update for both me and the wife.
    I LOVE this game...
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    2 suggestions for you:

1. Can you add a cumulative score to the message after each level? Or possibly at least just add your total score for the game to the game over screen.
    2. When you look at the high scores it should possibly give a date that the score was earned. I have the problem of never realy knowing for sure which game the scores relate to. Even if I just finished a game it's difficult to tell which score is from the newest game.

Thanks for developing the game. It's a lot of fun.

Keep up the good work.
    Thanks MrJ....this was one of the first games I got, and just updated to the new version, I really like the improvements. Very challenging but fun game.
    On a level with the yellow switch, if I get to the goal, after I hit the yellow switch, and the time remaining before the goal is covered, is less the then time it takes the pop-up to load, I get kicked out of the goal. The ball with do its thing where it sort of rests in place and everything, but I can still get kicked out of it, because there is a half second between reaching the goal and the pop-up loading, and if the times runs out in the period, the cover will block the goal and I have to hit the yellow switch again.

Sense you mentioned you were going to release this to the app catalog these comments are a little more picky.

Having 'game walls' a option that can be switched, while still tracking high scores, is inconsistent, because its easier to get a high score with 'game walls' then without. For whatever it is worth, my vote is for having game walls on default. When playing the game, the user sees the edge of the phones screen as being the edge of the playing field, so the ball to falling out of the screen, per say, is weird, from my perspective at least.

Too me it makes more sense for the scoring system to be one of time, not points. Lets say someone blazes through all the levels but the last one, he takes ten minutes to complete the it, completing the hole game in 20 min. Now if someone else went moderately fast on all them including the last one, and took 12 minutes, he would loose. Because the current scoring system would give first person such a lead, it would not matter how slow he beat the last level, he would still get the higher score then the person who beat the game faster then him. Also, time is much easier to understand then points. You get games where something really good is worth 50 points, and others its 500,000 points. So I told someone I beat this game on my phone with 4000 points, what does that mean to them? but if I told them I beat it in ten min, it at least gives them a idea of what I'm am trying to communicate.

Ones again, great work, I will definitely buy it ones it hits the app store.

P.S I am in a rush, so I did not have time to proof read this, hopefully it makes sense.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen View Post
    On a level with the yellow switch, if I get to the goal, after I hit the yellow switch, and the time remaining before the goal is covered, is less the then time it takes the pop-up to load, I get kicked out of the goal. The ball with do its thing where it sort of rests in place and everything, but I can still get kicked out of it, because there is a half second between reaching the goal and the pop-up loading, and if the times runs out in the period, the cover will block the goal and I have to hit the yellow switch again.
    Yep, I'm seeing this pretty frequently as well.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    One of the best games on the Pre. My highest score is 2885 as of now.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevieq View Post
    2 suggestions for you:

1. Can you add a cumulative score to the message after each level? Or possibly at least just add your total score for the game to the game over screen.
    2. When you look at the high scores it should possibly give a date that the score was earned. I have the problem of never realy knowing for sure which game the scores relate to. Even if I just finished a game it's difficult to tell which score is from the newest game.

Thanks for developing the game. It's a lot of fun.

Keep up the good work.
    How come you just don't use a different name to remember? That's what I do.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Just posting to say that this is my favorite game so far, can't wait to see what else you do with it!