Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Contains huge database of food to point value , Update availability from a server, and free calculator.

Version 1.0 is still a beta version – contains the preliminary database and free calculator.

Still to come – Calendar integration in order to monitor the accumulated points, and personal data to alert the user.

Enjoy.

Last edited by Equilibrium; 12/06/2009 at 04:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Ok! Thanks, I've been hoping for an application like this. It is the one thing I regret having to give up when I let go of my Treo.

My problem- I've downloaded the app but it doesn't seem to have anything else. I can't access the database or write anything on the menu or really see anything but the basic.
    Unfortunately, I am having the same problem. I do love the concept, however.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sverhamme View Post
    Unfortunately, I am having the same problem. I do love the concept, however.

Thanks!
    same here
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Ditto
    Just downloaded. Same problem, no database at all. Just started WW. This would help on the road.

Press Menu and get nothing.

Great concept!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Neata View Post
    Ok! Thanks, I've been hoping for an application like this. It is the one thing I regret having to give up when I let go of my Treo.

My problem- I've downloaded the app but it doesn't seem to have anything else. I can't access the database or write anything on the menu or really see anything but the basic.
    First of all thanks , Its just an apetizer.....

Regurding the problem , Is the menu button disabled?
    The fist thing that the application Does is to fetch the data on new machine from a web XML file.

I'll check it out
  8.    #8  
    I've just talked to someone that downloaded the application from the FileCoaster - No problem.

If the Problem persist please try to uninstall the application by running
    palm-install -r com.mycompany.dietcontrol from the command menu
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    It's an excellent start. I'm impressed no matter how basic it is. I'll just patiently wait.
    I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled and still nothing. The menu is gray when the program starts and then becomes operable. However, if you select the menu and then select the food item, nothing happens. Selecting the day track doesn't do anything either. The calculator does work. If you spoke to someone that had it working, I don't understand why the rest of us here are still having problems. Are you going to look into it? I was confused on how you ended your comment.
    I think that if you'd like to project a positive image about health and eating, you may want to NOT use an icon of an obese person, not use a drawing of an obese superman, and not put "feed me" on the page. Unless this is some sort of joke app.

Just a suggestion.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled and still nothing. The menu is gray when the program starts and then becomes operable. However, if you select the menu and then select the food item, nothing happens. Selecting the day track doesn't do anything either. The calculator does work. If you spoke to someone that had it working, I don't understand why the rest of us here are still having problems. Are you going to look into it? I was confused on how you ended your comment.

remmysmom , Thanks

First of all - Yes I will take care of this , It's just a preliminary version , It will be much better.
    Second , What you describe here is something else than the problem that other got into , They pressed the menu and nothing happend , you how ever got to the menu scene which means that you have downloaded succesfully the Database , You should have a list of items when pressing the Blue ListSelector.

I will check this , Na dget back to you.
    Are you using the device or Emulator?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by debbiepre View Post
    I think that if you'd like to project a positive image about health and eating, you may want to NOT use an icon of an obese person, not use a drawing of an obese superman, and not put "feed me" on the page. Unless this is some sort of joke app.

Just a suggestion.

debbiepre , Thank you.
    First of all it wasn't my attention to offend any one , I've lost 10.5 Kilos using this program , If you did please forgive me.
    I was only trying to insert some humor into it.

I will remove those images and icon on the next version
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Neata View Post
    It's an excellent start. I'm impressed no matter how basic it is. I'll just patiently wait.

Neata , Thanks a lot
    The program worked for me. Although after choosing the menu, it took about 2 minutes to pull up the database.

One improvement you might want to make for the future is incorporating one of the many restaurant guides available on the internet. Other than that. Great start.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    The program worked for me. Although after choosing the menu, it took about 2 minutes to pull up the database.

One improvement you might want to make for the future is incorporating one of the many restaurant guides available on the internet. Other than that. Great start.
    Thanks a lot,

BTW do use device or emulator?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Equilibrium,

I downloaded the program to my pre and tried some of the features. Under the Menu Bar it took quite some time for the 'PER FOOD' list to load but when it did (about 1 min) selecting items did give values for the food. Using the 'PER POINT' option was much faster giving immediate results of items falling in the desired point range.

In the PER FOOD option, the list that populates is in no particular order and I could not get the search to find any of the items on the list, even though I could see them by dragging down on the list. Each time you select the PER FOOD you have to wait for the access of the database, too long in my opinion. Search functions should be able to find items on the list.

I'll continue to try various functions and hope you don't mind me posting my opinions.

P.S. I beg you not to succumb to the overblown sensibilities of the politically correct and continue to use whatever icons, logos, or illustrations you choose. Really people!!!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeotron View Post
    Equilibrium,

I downloaded the program to my pre and tried some of the features. Under the Menu Bar it took quite some time for the 'PER FOOD' list to load but when it did (about 1 min) selecting items did give values for the food. Using the 'PER POINT' option was much faster giving immediate results of items falling in the desired point range.

In the PER FOOD option, the list that populates is in no particular order and I could not get the search to find any of the items on the list, even though I could see them by dragging down on the list. Each time you select the PER FOOD you have to wait for the access of the database, too long in my opinion. Search functions should be able to find items on the list.

I'll continue to try various functions and hope you don't mind me posting my opinions.

P.S. I beg you not to succumb to the overblown sensibilities of the politically correct and continue to use whatever icons, logos, or illustrations you choose. Really people!!!

dear mikeotron,

Thanks for your reply , I'm working right now regarding the issues you have posted.
    The menu scene will have 2 options , search by category & search by point value,each selected will produce a filtered list scene to allow the user to select the product more easygoing.

As for the images and icons - if it hurt someone , I rather change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    debbiepre , Thank you.
    First of all it wasn't my attention to offend any one , I've lost 10.5 Kilos using this program , If you did please forgive me.
    I was only trying to insert some humor into it.

I will remove those images and icon on the next version
    I think the images are right on the money and made me smile every time I opened it. Especially Superman......he is too funny.
    Don't change it!!! No one should be offended.
    Quote Originally Posted by debbiepre View Post

Just a suggestion.
    Is anybody else in here offended or feel this way? I think the images are funny and the feed me is cute.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast