Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    After updating the paid app, I lost my favorites database and it does not restore, even though it goes through the motions to do so. I also cannot enter my personal data in the preferences. It also keeps jumping to the community screen without my selecting it.
  2.    #162  
    dear jutteh

1.I understand you upgraded from an old version of Diet control , did you backup your favorites before upgrading for the new one?
    backup your favorites in the old version was done via the community screen , backup and restore screen , in the new version restore of old favorites is kept to support backward competability , please try to press the "restore favorites from 3.0.0" button , if it doesn't work please tell me , we will try to fix this issue.

2.Regarding the preferences sadly , this is a known issue from yesterday, it’s a bug and it is already fixed for next version to be release within a week.
    Today I’ve already issued a mail regarding this to all registered users.

Bug discovered for 4.0.0 a fix is sent to appcatalog. | Diet Control

There is away to overcome it and it’s by removing the application via device info , and reinstalling.
    Updating the preference once , and not returning to the preference screen , the bug is glitch in the code.

Sorry for the inconvenient.
    3. Can you please go to the help -> Senf mail , from your device , that will help me see a log file createdfrom your device to see if there are any problems

Thank you
    I'm finding with the USDA search that I almost never get results unless I search for a single word, which often returns too many results. What is the search syntax?

Also, would it be possible to enhance the search interface to show a progress/busy indicator while it's running? Sometimes I may just be impatient and it's still searching?
    Palm Pre Plus | WebOS 1.4.5 | Verizon
    Previous: Treo650, Palm III
  4.    #164  
    dear jutteh and all,

The app catalog now contain the fix for the Preferances issue.
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarEclipse View Post
    I'm finding with the USDA search that I almost never get results unless I search for a single word, which often returns too many results. What is the search syntax?

Also, would it be possible to enhance the search interface to show a progress/busy indicator while it's running? Sometimes I may just be impatient and it's still searching?
    The search basically runs on all the items , but if you search for connected word such as "whole milk" you won get results for both "whole" and "milk" , but just those food items contains "whole milk" in them.

I'll see what i can do regarding the search interface.
    I think the problems I have been having is that the search doesn't always seem to run if you use the Enter key on the keyboard. A lot of times I get 0 results.
  7.    #167  
    I think the problems I have been having is that the search doesn't always seem to run if you use the Enter key on the keyboard. A lot of times I get 0 results.
    I will try change a bit thye search mechanism , see if that better
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Equilibrium,

I have one small feature request/Bug Fix.
    I leave the 'Food Diary' screen open all the time. When I add a new item some hours later or on the next day then the It still shows the time/date when the scene was open and the count (How much did you eat?) I used for the last item.
    I would expect it to show the current date/time and reset the item count to 1.

HaPe
  9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi Equilibrium,

I have one small feature request/Bug Fix.
    I leave the 'Food Diary' screen open all the time. When I add a new item some hours later or on the next day then the It still shows the time/date when the scene was open and the count (How much did you eat?) I used for the last item.
    I would expect it to show the current date/time and reset the item count to 1.

HaPe
    this can be done for next release
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Is there any way to edit the food diary quantity once it has been saved?

I wanted to enter a quarter cup of Raisins but the smallest measurement was .5. Is there another way to enter smaller quantities?

Thanks!
    MKTREK - Handspring Visor Blue, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 750, Palm Pre
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    The search in 4.0.2 is working much better than before - thanks!
  12.    #172  
    The search in 4.0.2 is working much better than before - thanks!
    glad to hear
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by MKTrek View Post
    Is there any way to edit the food diary quantity once it has been saved?

I wanted to enter a quarter cup of Raisins but the smallest measurement was .5. Is there another way to enter smaller quantities?

Thanks!

no , unfortunately you can't choose less than 0.5 of a portion.
    Hello,
    how can one use this great app as german user? In the demo-version it isnßt possible to try it out. That means, I donīt know, if i can understtand the program and if there are any german databases (in the help I found, that it is possible to load a german database, but what does it look like?). Please describe in detail, because I really want to buy this app, but I first have to know, if it works for me.
    Many thanks and best regards, Vamp
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp55 View Post
    Hello,
    how can one use this great app as german user? In the demo-version it isnßt possible to try it out. That means, I donīt know, if i can understtand the program and if there are any german databases (in the help I found, that it is possible to load a german database, but what does it look like?). Please describe in detail, because I really want to buy this app, but I first have to know, if it works for me.
    Many thanks and best regards, Vamp
    hi
    basically you can load any type of database as long as you keep the xml(or text) format according to the instruction in "community"->"import database from external file" screen.
    i know about a german database that was loaded to the application.
    Unfortunately this option is only available for the paid application.
    Last edited by Equilibrium; 09/27/2010 at 09:30 AM.
  16.    #176  
    3.4.4 has been loaded to homebrew
    here's whats new :

1.better performance , much quicker
    2.Enhanced search mechanism
    3.Fixed bug in which customized food dc point was 0 , in favorites screen
    4.Fixed bug in which the amount of items and time was always the latest one in the regular database
    5. demo version now can load own database from xml or text files (especially for Vamp55 :-))
    I bought the paid version after using the demo version and think this can be a great app for dieters. However I'm a little bit confused about some aspects.

Is there any way to indicate portion size on items that have been entered in the "Food Calculator" and "Add Custom food" screens? The program automatically uses "1 portion" for serving size, which seems redundant and not useful.

Under "Add Custom food" in the Food Diary area, there seems to be no place to add calories, fat, fiber and protein, despite the fact that the page header is "Calories, Fat and Fiber" and there's a separate screen for entering carbohydrates, minerals, salt, etc.

What is the purpose of the "Additional Information" area in the "Food Calculator" and "Add Custom food" screens? The screens encourage input, yet it appears that this information is not saved or viewable anywhere in the application.
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerstg View Post
    I bought the paid version after using the demo version and think this can be a great app for dieters. However I'm a little bit confused about some aspects.

Is there any way to indicate portion size on items that have been entered in the "Food Calculator" and "Add Custom food" screens? The program automatically uses "1 portion" for serving size, which seems redundant and not useful.

the custom food section /calculator screen are used to define custom food items or food that do not have DC point value attach to them , pressing the doughnut icon provide you with the ability to add any amount at any time and date. as seen here

Under "Add Custom food" in the Food Diary area, there seems to be no place to add calories, fat, fiber and protein, despite the fact that the page header is "Calories, Fat and Fiber" and there's a separate screen for entering carbohydrates, minerals, salt, etc.

you are correct , the reason that the page header is "Calories, Fat and Fiber" in adding custom food is due to the fact that it uses the same screen as the Calculator screen with a different set of controls , i can change this for next version

What is the purpose of the "Additional Information" area in the "Food Calculator" and "Add Custom food" screens? The screens encourage input, yet it appears that this information is not saved or viewable anywhere in the application.

Well , basically it a way to enter additional stuff , describing the food , if you look here in previous posts or in the Application website you can see that there is a request for another way to enter additional information for a custom food item such as provider name etc. , you can see this information for "Regular database" option , in the information section
    see my answers in red
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    the custom food section /calculator screen are used to define custom food items or food that do not have DC point value attach to them , pressing the doughnut icon provide you with the ability to add any amount at any time and date. as seen here
    Sorry that I was not clear, but that was not what I was writing about.

For most items in the databases the serving size is disclosed, ie 3 oz, 1 cup, 300 grams. There is no ability to add that definition on items that have been entered in the "Food Calculator" and "Add Custom food" screens. If those items are added to "Favorites" it would be helpful to later know the serving size for the inputted points/calories, etc..

If the program did not automatically define serving size as "1 portion"(redundant as what else could it be?), the space might be allocated to the description line, allowing the info to be entered there. Or the fonts could be made larger in the display screens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    Well , basically it a way to enter additional stuff , describing the food , if you look here in previous posts or in the Application website you can see that there is a request for another way to enter additional information for a custom food item such as provider name etc. , you can see this information for "Regular database" option , in the information section
    I see: it only shows up at the bottom of the info screen for a custom item the one time it is entered. It no longer exists after the item is saved.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast