Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I'd like to see an app for people that do not need to lose weight, but have to watch the nutritional content of their food for other reasons.

You can see my avatar pic, weight is obviously not a problem, except for the fact that I have to try to maintain and not lose all the time. But, for other health reasons, I do have to be careful what I eat and how much of certain types of foods.
    In this version you can see the nutrition fact for any type of food you select from the USDA database
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    In this version you can see the nutrition fact for any type of food you select from the USDA database
    That would be great, I will probably check it out, then. Thanks!

I have to keep my dietary intake low in fat, though losing weight is not the reason! LOL!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hi

I just downloaded and installed the latest version from Pre-Central. I think it is the latest version... It does not connect to a USDA database - which is what I was hoping. The database it does connect to is very limited. I need t o use this to track calories not points and I do not see that it has this feature. Please help. I go to the food diary and type in a food and nothing happens. something as simple as Edd... and nothing happens. If I cannot get this to track calories in a USDA database as advertised then how do I get a refund?
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by WSchumer View Post
    Hi

I just downloaded and installed the latest version from Pre-Central. I think it is the latest version... It does not connect to a USDA database - which is what I was hoping. The database it does connect to is very limited. I need t o use this to track calories not points and I do not see that it has this feature. Please help. I go to the food diary and type in a food and nothing happens. something as simple as Edd... and nothing happens. If I cannot get this to track calories in a USDA database as advertised then how do I get a refund?
    First of all , you are using the App catalog version which is still 3.0.0 , this version , does not include the USDA database , the Homebrew version does.
    In any case the App catalog version contains ~1700 products with DC point value and calories.
    was used for a while without incident but now app catalog version hangs on loading database screen and can't get further into the app.
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    was used for a while without incident but now app catalog version hangs on loading database screen and can't get further into the app.
    the demo or the paid app?
    Is there a way to try the new version once the old version expired, or do we have to buy and wait for the app to get through the approval process?
    Palm Pre Plus | WebOS 1.4.5 | Verizon
    Previous: Treo650, Palm III
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarEclipse View Post
    Is there a way to try the new version once the old version expired, or do we have to buy and wait for the app to get through the approval process?
    The new app catalog version is similar to the Hombrew version ,
    The Hombrew version is time limited and contains less features (minor ones)
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Equilibrium,

I updated to the new version from the App catalog. Update worked well.
    Where do I found the XML import function. I want to re import my German Database

I have a problem with the Preferences. I can select the sex on the first one but all other screens are only read files and contain rubbish.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Equilibrium,

I found the XML import in the community tools. Did the XML format changed to the one you used internal in the older version?
    My XML files are not imported anymore.

Screen is coming back with no massage , or I get a success message but only have one item in the database.

HaPe
  11.    #151  
    you can load tour XML cia the community feature as described here
    Community (2′nd) | Diet Control

Edit you XMl to fit the allowed scheme

<Record>
    <Item>Almond Paste</Item>
    <Portion>1 oz.</Portion>
    <Calories>127</Calories>
    <Carbs>12</Carbs>
    <Fat>8</Fat>
    <Fiber>0</Fiber>
    <Protein>0</Protein>
    <Points>3</Points>
    <Category>Baking Ingredient</Category>
    </Record>

Use the USB to upload it to your device , press the load button and there you go.
    you can also load CSV files where the seperator is @.

Regarding the preferance , i didn't understand ,can you edit this values?
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi Equilibrium,

I found the XML import in the community tools. Did the XML format changed to the one you used internal in the older version?
    My XML files are not imported anymore.

Screen is coming back with no massage , or I get a success message but only have one item in the database.

HaPe
    Yes you are correct the format is a bit changed.
    I'll try to rearrange the file for you.
    Equilibrium, I purchased the app from the catalog (thanks a lot - you're doing a great job!) and I tried to pull in my database backup from the lite version but it doesn't seem to have worked. Is this possible? I don't care as much about the progress history as I do about my saved foods.
    Palm Pre Plus | WebOS 1.4.5 | Verizon
    Previous: Treo650, Palm III
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarEclipse View Post
    Equilibrium, I purchased the app from the catalog (thanks a lot - you're doing a great job!) and I tried to pull in my database backup from the lite version but it doesn't seem to have worked. Is this possible? I don't care as much about the progress history as I do about my saved foods.
    OK , Step by step

1. Did you backup your database from the equivalent Lite application?
    app application 4.0.0 is equivalent to 3.4.0 and above.
    2. if not go to section 4 . if so , than did you when through the entire backup restore possess as described here:
    Finally | Diet Control
    3. If so , and it did not succeed that please send me the file and I'll check it.
    4. If you backup your database (Day activity , Favorites) using the old format , in the community feature backup/restore screen you can restore you data.

If you do not succeed please tell me , I'll help you.
    the demo or the paid app?
    Paid app. Seems to be OK now although still hangs every once in a while. Looking forward to getting the larger database in the paid app.

Can one customize the exercise choices or does one have to go with what is in the database?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Regarding the preferance , i didn't understand ,can you edit this values?
    No I can not. Only the sex is a selectable button. All other are only blue boxes without any edit controls.

I attache you some screen shots.

HaPe
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Yes you are correct the format is a bit changed.
    I'll try to rearrange the file for you.
    Hi not needed anymore. I recreated them in you CSV format and they imported without problems.
    Thanks for the new function. Also the app is a lot faster then the latest version with my big German database.

HaPe
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Paid app. Seems to be OK now although still hangs every once in a while. Looking forward to getting the larger database in the paid app.

Can one customize the exercise choices or does one have to go with what is in the database?

The paid app is 4.0.0 , it contains both the regular database and the USDA database , you can switch to any database using the Option menu in the Food Track screen,
    This version also calculate any type of exercise according to the exercise length , and activity level as shown here
    Weight and Activity Screen | Diet Control
  19.    #159  
    No I can not. Only the sex is a selectable button. All other are only blue boxes without any edit controls.

I attache you some screen shots.

HaPe
    Yep , Nasty bug indeed , it influence the Preferance screen after changing the birthrate , i will update the app catalog,
    Sorry
    Last edited by Equilibrium; 08/13/2010 at 02:58 PM.
  20.    #160  
    Hi not needed anymore. I recreated them in you CSV format and they imported without problems.
    Thanks for the new function. Also the app is a lot faster then the latest version with my big German database.

HaPe
    god bless my friend
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast