Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by ReyGusta View Post
    well I got the Catalog App because I thought it would be just as good if not better. Why are logs locked into calendar?

That's because the Calendar is read only , and this is for a good reason
    since users can delete items they have eaten and this would not change the entire food consumption of a day (entire day Food consumption is updated via adding food items via the menu or calculator screen or deleting an item via the Day track screen).

You can delete an item if you by a mistake entered it , by going to the Day track screen selecting an item -> Info item and delete but that can only be done throughout the day , In the next version i will apply it on other dates.
    That will delete the item from the calendar.

Does this answer you question?

E
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Hi E,

What about an end-user option to have the calendar locked or unlocked? I would like to use the calendar for adding additional notes, such as blood pressure readings, special events that day (weddings, parties), etc. I know I can reference that in my main calendar, but I would like to keep all my health related info isolated to one calendar. Thanks.
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman View Post
    Hi E,

What about an end-user option to have the calendar locked or unlocked? I would like to use the calendar for adding additional notes, such as blood pressure readings, special events that day (weddings, parties), etc. I know I can reference that in my main calendar, but I would like to keep all my health related info isolated to one calendar. Thanks.

The issue of making the Diet Control Calendar (this does not apply for the regular calendar of course) read only , is to avoid a deletion of food eating record which does not affect the total amount of food eaten at that day , that’s the only reason. If a record is deleted and the user consume another food the total amount of food eaten is wrong.
    I will see if there is a technical way to capture event deletion and to apply this on the total amount.
    I can also check if there is away to change the database mode from read only to read\write on the fly.

E
  4.    #104  
    New version coming soon , Now with the Flot graph system , Community features , Backup and restore favorites , search recipes etc.
    I invite you to contribute the Diet control application by suggesting things you would like to have in this upcoming version.
    Please do ask m to guarantee weight loss , that I can’t promise

E.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    I will see if there is a technical way to capture event deletion and to apply this on the total amount.
    I can also check if there is away to change the database mode from read only to read\write on the fly.

E
    Thanks E. Can't ask for more than that. Appreciate it.
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman View Post
    Hi E,

Limo,

Since there is a danger of data integrity if the Calendar account is not read only (users can delete or change the content of events , which can result wrong graphs , alerts and even crashes ) , would it be sufficient to let the user enter an event , via some sort of designated GUI?
  7.    #107  
    Finally , After 3 months of developing , version 1.2.0 is here.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/diet-control

New version include the followings:

1. Flot Graph system , the great Flot library is included in this system to allow you to see your weight lose and food consumption in the most elegant and professional way.

2. The ability to Back up and Restore your favorites food items , so you never lose them.

3. The ability to communicate with other Diet Control members (Paid app only).

4. The ability to search for a recipe throughout the web , by using Food web sites search engine .

5. User can now enter any relevant data to the Calendar , such as blood pressure , cholesterol etc.

6. User can now become a Diet control member by simply registering via the application or through the site (Diet Control) , read additional posts , communicate with other users , share food items ,upgrading the food database (paid version ) etc.

7. The ability to delete food items which entered by a mistake.

8. Override DC point for more aggressive approach

9. Display values as integers of floating points ,Bugs fixing and more.

All of these new features are just an addition to the already used features of the application. the allowed DC points auto calculations , the food logging , Calendar integration and daily weight control , see food nutrition facts Google results and more.

Enjoy and stay Healthy
    Last edited by Equilibrium; 02/08/2010 at 02:10 PM.
  8.    #108  
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone having problem installing the application on a device?

E.
  9.    #109  
    Update the HomeBrew version to 1.2.1 , change Application ID , Database Name , Cookie , and Calendar ID , to avid collision with the App Catalog one.

Enjoy
    My Diet Control data has been wiped out for the 4th time. Frustrating!

Granted the first time was when Sprint reloaded my software early this week. That's fine. I understand.

But, after they reloaded it, I had to remove the Diet Control app and re-download it for the the database to show up. Since I did that, it has scrubbed all my data 3 times.

The app wants to show everything I eat in my calendar, which I don't want. So, in the calendar, I turn off the Diet Control calendar program. I don't know if it's related. I had to do that when I first started using the app a few weeks ago, and this didn't happen, though.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions? I'm not going to keep using it if the info is going to keep disappearing.
  11.    #111  
    hi mpalmerkc ,

there are 2 types of data , the entire food database which is basically a data table on your application , this is done once and updated from the web whenever ther is an update.
    The second one is the data in the calendar which is basically your history , this data is essential for the application to run correctly , this way the user can know how much food he has already consumed , how much is left , see the history on a daily basis , and run graphs.

if you delete the data from your calendar , there is no track of the food or points consumed.
    I have a question. I am on Weight Watchers. Is your DC points based on Weight Watchers. If so, it would be very useful for me to use.
  13.    #113  
    the application is all about DC points not WW points , the algoritm is based on my dietitian suggestion ,and it works
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalmerkc View Post
    My Diet Control data has been wiped out for the 4th time. Frustrating!

Granted the first time was when Sprint reloaded my software early this week. That's fine. I understand.

But, after they reloaded it, I had to remove the Diet Control app and re-download it for the the database to show up. Since I did that, it has scrubbed all my data 3 times.

The app wants to show everything I eat in my calendar, which I don't want. So, in the calendar, I turn off the Diet Control calendar program. I don't know if it's related. I had to do that when I first started using the app a few weeks ago, and this didn't happen, though.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions? I'm not going to keep using it if the info is going to keep disappearing.

There is a nice solution:
    Go to the Calendar application , Click on the Palm's right uppear button and instead of selecting all calendars , just select the Main one(Palm Profile?),
    You can also just not view 'Diet Control' when 'All Calendars' is selected.
    Tell me if it does the job
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Equilibrium,

i saw that the application is in the Germany app catalog. That is nice to see so I can upgrade after the test. The first testing day looks interesting.

But I only know business English. So it is difficult to select or find the right item in the database. Do you have any plans to add databases in other languages?

HaPe
  16.    #116  
    in order to translate the application to german , it doesn't just involves the user interface , but the entire database. I'm afraid i can't handle such a task.
    Maybe if some one will assist....
    the application is all about DC points not WW points , the algoritm is based on my dietitian suggestion ,and it works
    I think that the algarithm you used is what weigt watchers uses though. (the formula is common knowledge and ok for use.) however this app is unafiliated with weight watchers. In short you could use this app and replace weight watchers, atleast in theory. I'm gonna test it and do a detailed analysis compared to iphones weigt tracking apps so I an give a good list of suggestions for improvement as this app is crucial to me. I'm even trying to learn html so maybe I could help with design later
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    in order to translate the application to german , it doesn't just involves the user interface , but the entire database. I'm afraid i can't handle such a task.
    Maybe if some one will assist....
    ok, that is clear. Perhaps we can find a pre created list that can be converted to your format. Check your mail ...

Another question. Are the any plan to support metric values (kg, cm) for the settings input?

HaPe
  19.    #119  
    With new Look & Feel and much more features this application give you , the user what it always meant to do : give you control over you food consumption.

Using a food “Value” System AKA DC point , In which any type of food has some kind of value , permits the user to eat a certain amount of food as long as he keeps within the boundaries of the amount of point he is allowed to consume on a daily basis.

The new Diet control application allows you to :

1) Enter your height , weight , age etc. in a new "wizard like" process.
    2) Log you food eating with a much better technique via new search engine , more search option and the ability to easily create your custom food.
    3) you can easily see what have you done on a daily basis via the calendar or a simple table.
    4) now you can also log your sport activities.
    5) new BMI screen , now you can see your BMI value via a simple graph.
    6) backup and restore your entire calendar activities , now you can easily backup your data.
    7) Flot system graphs , provides you with the best graph system available , see you food eating habits , weight progress , and nutrition consumption.
    8) New and improve community features , with a much better look and feel.

Thanks to the entire Diet Control community at Diet Control for helping me improving this product.

20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    ok, that is clear. Perhaps we can find a pre created list that can be converted to your format. Check your mail ...

Another question. Are the any plan to support metric values (kg, cm) for the settings input?

HaPe
    New application does - I've just uploaded yo homebrew
    also available at App catalog - demo version

App catalog paid version is pending review

you can also see it in