Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    limoman ,

regarding the import and export , maybe i can read the file , but the file location should be on some kind of server ' and the user should handle this , but thats a nice possibility ' i'll invastigate it.

regarding the point override , i'll just add additional control in which the user can change and select the amount of point he can consume , the initial value would be according to the old calculated algorithm
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruh-Man View Post
    Looking at the WW calculator and using the same data for the Diet Control Calc (120 Calories, 2 Gr Fat, 3 Gr Fiber), I get 1 pt on the DC calc and 2 pts on the WW calc. I found similar discrepancies on other food items which requires me to have to adjust the fiber count to get it to match. Any reason why this happens. The formula should be universal right? (See Attachment). People tend to get upset when they're thinking they're eating less pts when According to Weight Control Industry leader calculations....they're eating more. Your thoughts?
    the application is all about DC points not WW points , the algoritm is based on my dietitian suggestion ,and it works.... 15 kilos and counting (in 4 months)
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    limoman ,

regarding the import and export , maybe i can read the file , but the file location should be on some kind of server ' and the user should handle this , but thats a nice possibility ' i'll invastigate it.

regarding the point override , i'll just add additional control in which the user can change and select the amount of point he can consume , the initial value would be according to the old calculated algorithm
    Excellent. As always - THANKS!!!!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Would be great to match the data here with the "Nutrition Facts" app.

Any chance you guys can collaborate?
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkcrown View Post
    Would be great to match the data here with the "Nutrition Facts" app.

Any chance you guys can collaborate?
    Interesting Idea , I will check with him.
    Please note that the Diet Control application does have a Nutrition Fact For any type of food that comes from the Database , it might be small but it's there.
  6.    #86  
    does any one uses the diet control application in PIXI?
    Hi,

Im living in Germany and would like to use this app. Unfortunately it`s not available here (Palm says, the developer has to give his ok for an app, to be available in other countries than the USA), could you please release this app also for Germany, I think there are a lot of people, who would like to use it.

Thanks from Germany

EvaBlond
    Last edited by EvaBlond; 12/05/2009 at 11:21 AM.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaBlond View Post
    Hi,

Im living in Germany and would like to use this app. Unfortunately it`s not available here (Palm says, the developer has to give his ok for an app, to be available in other countries than the USA), could you please release this app also for Germany, I think there are a lot of people, who would like to use it.

Thanks from Germany

EvaBlond
    Hello Germany
    Unfortunately paid apps are available for other countries other than USA only if the interface is localized.
    My application is English based so currently is not available,
    But I know that palm is doing some move regarding that.
    Hope to service you ASAP.

BTW : Are you using palm pre or Pixi?
    E
    Hi,

thanks for your fast answer. Im using the Pre, and am very happy with it.

If you are interested in releasing your app in Germany, i would like to do translation.

Have a nice Sunday

EvaBlond
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaBlond View Post
    Hi,

thanks for your fast answer. Im using the Pre, and am very happy with it.

If you are interested in releasing your app in Germany, i would like to do translation.

Have a nice Sunday

EvaBlond
    Well , I'm very interested , but is it in your powers to translate more than 1600 products?
    Hi,

it depends on how much time you can give me to do this. Here in Germany there is a 2 weeks holidays around Christmas and New Year, so this would be a good time to start and look how much I could do.

EvaBlond
    Is there a search feature? It seems like quite a pain to have to scroll througha ton of foods in order to find what I am looking for. Also, why doesn't the calculator allow me to go above 5 grams of fiber? I was trying to add a Special K meal bar, which has 5 grams of fiber, and I could only enter 4! Without the search function, I don't see how this program will work for me. It is very frustrating!
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by tot137 View Post
    Is there a search feature? It seems like quite a pain to have to scroll througha ton of foods in order to find what I am looking for. Also, why doesn't the calculator allow me to go above 5 grams of fiber? I was trying to add a Special K meal bar, which has 5 grams of fiber, and I could only enter 4! Without the search function, I don't see how this program will work for me. It is very frustrating!
    of course there is , for each category and in the "All" category (which include all the food items) just type the name of the food you want and the list is filtered according to each character you type.

regarding the calculator above 4 grams is irrelevant for the calculation , but as i think about this it should not be a "user" issue , and it'll be fixed for future releases

BTW version 1.1.1 is published in the app catalog.
    Last edited by Equilibrium; 12/10/2009 at 01:14 AM.
    Wow! Thanks for the help. I really appreciate you responding so quickly.
    I'm not sure I think its great. The homebrew version allowed me to make mistakes. Is there a way to edit entries? If you make a mistake you're stuck with it. And don't try to log your meals after the fact. Midnight comes around and your looking like a porker for the next day. Any suggestions?

I used the homebrew version and was very pleased with the way it posted to the calendar. It allowed me to move the time of the meal, or simply delete it if I found a better equivalent.
    Last edited by ReyGusta; 01/14/2010 at 11:59 PM. Reason: added information
  16.    #97  
    ReyGusta
    I'm working on another version for the Hombrew it will be ready soon , with lots of new features including deleting of entries , adding meals at any time
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    when can we download the new homebrew version?
    Avner.
    @avnerarbel

WritePad HD - http://goo.gl/8RQmn
    Coloring Book HD - http://goo.gl/XgezU
    Animal Baby Piano - http://goo.gl/Y5UXg
    Four in a row - http://goo.gl/tHF63
  18.    #99  
    next month , god willing
    well I got the Catalog App because I thought it would be just as good if not better. Why are logs locked into calendar?